wayne seator

Reaction score
Just starting a new save and never played with Southampton where do I need to strengthen and who should I sign?

Just starting a new save and never played with Southampton where do I need to strengthen and who should I sign?

That depends. Have you updated your player database or do you still have Sadio Mane, Victor Wanyama and Graziano Pelle? Do you already have Pierre-Emile Hjoberg and Nathan Redmond? I finished 8th with them in season one, on a limited budget. Fraser Forster and Ryan Bertrand were both long term injured so I brought in Sam Johnstone on loan from Manchester United and signed Ashley Cole from Roma on a single season deal. I also got Eder Alavarez Balanta, a young Colombian centre back from River Plate of Argentina. Steven Davis was brilliant for me in that first season. You have a central midfielder called Callum Slattery in your U18 squad; he's going to be very good - have Davis tutor him. Jose Fonte can tutor Jason McCarthy.

In season two, I sold Sadio Mane to Schalke for £40 million and brought in:
- Nathan Redmond from Norwich (art imitating life, before the fact)
- Croatian right-back Sime Vrsaljko from Sassualo (he eluded me in FM11 and FM14, but I finally signed him!)
- Kevin-Prince Boateng (on a free)*
- Ladislav Krejci, a left winger from Sparta Prague
- Patrick Bamford, on loan from Chelsea
- Fully fit Fraser Forster and Ryan Bertrand are as good as new signings, too.
- If Arsenal transfer list Calum Chambers, as they did in season three of my game, go get him - he's a Manchester United and England regular now, in my save, but only after I kick-started his career by signing him for Everton in the Championship.

*The Prince was a beast in the Shadow Striker role in my 4-4-1-1 and I had The Saints 5th in the Premier League when a boardroom takeover resulted in the termination of my contract.

By-the-way, the new home and away kit both clash with AFC Bournemouth's red-and-black stripes, so I had a yellow-and-blue third kit created in the Kits Forum on this site. I don't have a 3D kit version, so I used the in-game editor to set the closest template:

View attachment 127258 View attachment 127257 View attachment 127256

Last edited:
Signed both balanta and Jessie Lingard on permanent deals and loaned in Sam Johnson and Correa sold long and mane does anyone know of good young right backs? I'm using the Winter transfer update