lfclad

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Before I start, I'd like to make a smsll declaration:

My FM ability is limited. I'm not the greatest at the game, but I do enjoy it. I don't use any scout tools like genie scout nor do I use editors. I am on 11.2 patch. I may sign some dud players, I may sign some stars. As long as I keep my team above water then that's all I'm going to aim for each season. This is my playing experience that I am sharing. For first in the know updates you can follow my blog. Link in sig,

I've chosen Southport as it's a close local team to my self, and i fancied starting from the bottom. I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can take Southport. I'm a big liverpool fan, but i find managing in the lower league more fun.

I appreciate all comments, positive or negative so feel free to leave your thoughts. I respect constructive feedback, and posts just stating you shouldn't of signed such and such realy are no help to myself. I always will take in any advice given but as i mentioned earlier. ITs my playing experience and not yours.

Thankyou
So lets start with some transfer that I've brought in and released.

Transfers In

Transfers Out

So my squad looks like this, I've shown the CA and PA thanks to my assistant, Some of those 1 stars do perform well for me, and I tend to use them mainly as backup until i can free up the wage bill a bit in january. Natahan Davies has been called upon to sit in the DM role a couple of times, and on most occasions has held his own.

Squad

Will Grocett has been a key player for me, and is currently my only international player, representing northern Ireland under 19s. I still have a few areas I'd like to improve greatly on. I have a lack of depth in the middle so need to build on that. Also my goalkeeper aint the greatest and I'm on the lookout for a much better one. Maybe a loan signing to come in a january. Ashley Winn, has scored some good goals for me. Him and Grocett form a great midfield. Both with plenty of years in front of them.

Here are my pre-season results. We almost hung onto a draw against villa and beating west ham reserves was a big boost for the squad. Mixed bag of results but overall i was happy.

Pre-Season

And these are my results up to now. Some big win, some losses that we should have won. A run of 14 unbeaten in all competitions has been amazing. We were written down as relegation candidates and we are now lying in 2nd place. We took Bristol back to their ground in a FA cup replay but they were too strong.

Fixtures

Here is the league table after 22 games. Still plenty to play for, but we are in a stong position and what started out as hovering midtable, we have climbed up the table in recent weeks, and may even challenge for the title.

League Table

Thats all for now, I'll add a new post once I'm in a few more game months. January Transfer Window is coming up shortly, So might add a few more faces, but I don't think I'll change too much as it's clearly working at the moment. I do have two 16 year old scottish defenders joining up on the 1st, both lookl promising, but not ready for first tea, yet.

Cheers, and hopefully you enjoyed the read :). My blog will be update before I update this thread, so feel free to subscribe at http://iphilbloggy.wordpress.com

Thanks.

So here’s the next installment in my career, I got rid of a couple of players and brought in a couple of youths and a few first teamers. Forfana is attracting a lot of interest but I hope he decides to stay with us.
My assistant is french, So he only ever seems to reccommend french players, Generally players that are better than what I have (according to him). I've had a bit of trouble scoring goals so brought in Rezgane. Sierra is a spanish hot prospect, At only 16, One for the future, But i doubt my youth facilities will bring the best out of him. Montay, was the best rated goalkeeper out of the ones i scouted that would actually sign, Tried getting a couple of goalkeeper loan deals, but although clubs accepted these deals. The player didnt. Montay is rated higher that Swann, but a few poor performances has seen Swann reclaim his place back, So he looks like he will be a flop.

Transfers In

I managed to get to the third round of the FA trophy, but Grimsby knocked me out in extra time. Would of liked to of gone a little bit further, but we passed our expectation. We went on a bit of a decline with only 2 wins out of the last 9, and it has seen our league position drop out of the promotion/playoff places. We have 10 games left. I think the title has gone. So playoffs is the main target now. A vital draw against promotion rivals Mansfield was a good result for us. I do have Wimbledon coming up which will be a huge game.Forest Green haven't won a single game yet and my side couldn't get a win against them, and we was at home. A very dissappointed result. Good results against Wimbledon, Wrexham and Fleetwood, will be the 3 games that will determine if i make the playoffs. I feel the squad is good enough to win the other remaining games.

Here is my current league position and my fixtures/results since the last update.

Fixtures/Results

League Table

So 10 games left, Can Southport make it to the playoffs, after being put down to be relegated? Keep a lookout for the next update coming soon.

Unlucky dropping out the play-offs. You'll get there! Doing a good job in a tough league KUTGW.

only 1 pt off play-offs, hope u get there, also how have your new signings been getting on? whos been the best?

I'll have a update either tonight after liverpool game or tomorrow evening. Sneaky Peak is it will be a good news update ;)

Up until that last update, I'd say Will Grocett or Forfana have been my best players so far. But my final games I had a bit of a shuffle. Nade, has been playing AMR majority of the season, But I was struggling to put chances away so I gave him a game as the ST and it worked really well. He had been impressive on the wing for me and now as ST. They would be my top 3 players for the season anyway.

Had a few flops, but hey thats what happens I guess. :)

I am following. There arn't many stories, where the player plays the game properly.

So last update I finished with a few games to go, just sitting out of the playoffs. The aim was to secure a playoff place.

A loss against Kettering was not good for a start. It put me on a bit of a downer, and I felt we may just not make it this year. Next up was Wimbledon. A tough game, They were also fighting for Playoffs. I didn't expect to win this one, but Rezgane scores his first goal for us and wins us 3 points. Delighted! A Draw came next and I felt something needed changed. We have been struggling to put our chances away of late. I decided to mix it up a bit. I stuck Nade, Or as I call him Nadders, up top. With 6 Goals in 4 games. It pushed us forward. We won 6 games in a row, and had secured our playoff place. We were 3 points off 1st place, but with a worse goal difference. So playoffs it was. Nobody expected us to be where we are. Even I had written us off at times.

Here is the important Screenshots:

Results

Table

So will we get through the playoffs.... You'll have to wait til next update :) Here is the final Premier League Table. Everton 2nd! Wow!

English Premier League

Here are some of my favourite goals, Some due to the game it was scored in, or the player that scored it, (some were first goals)

My Favourite:
YouTube - Threave Rovers vs Southport - Tierney Goal 10th minute

YouTube - Southport vs Shkumbini - Powell Goal 39th minute YouTube - Newport Co vs Southport - Grocott Goal 29th minute YouTube - Southport vs Darlington - Winn Goal 25th minute YouTube - Luton vs Southport - Grocott Goal 58th minute YouTube - Rushden vs Southport - Gray Goal 48th minute YouTube - Southport vs Bristol Rovers - Nade Goal 32nd minute YouTube - Cambridge vs Southport - Hume Goal 67th minute YouTube - Southport vs Rushden - Grocott Goal 44th minute

Thanks for following.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:39 AM ----------

Playoffs

So here we are, In the playoffs. We match up against AFC Wimbledon. Tough Semi, But I really want to win this game. We have beaten our expectations. It would be a shame to come this far and fall at the final hurdle.

First Leg, We play away first in front of 4500, The most we have played against all season. I'm nervous, My boys look nervous, but we have to remain focussed. It was a hard fought game but we came through as 2-1 winners. I celebrate as if we have won the cup final, but deep down I know we still have the 2nd leg to hold on yet.

5525 turn up for the home leg. Amazing support! We were a little too defensive and they came at us from the start. Few class saves from Swann kept us in it, and at HT it was 0-0. The second half we kept the ball better, We created chances and eventually it paid off. Nadders finishes a great southport moce and we are leading 3-1. I feel much more safer. The lads pushed on and forfana grabbed us a late 2nd to confirm our place in the final! 2-0, 4-1 aggregate.

2eowpd3.jpg

The final is against Luton. Will Southport make it to League 2? Keep following to find out....

Good luck in the final mate, I am doing a Southport save myself. Got Promoted through the play-offs first season and surprisingly in the play-offs in league 2

wuknx0.jpg

We went 1-0 down in the first half, and it wasn't a great start. As the match went on, it looked less likely that we would grab any goal. 90minutes was shown on the clock. I was preparing my consolidation speech to the lads once the whisle blew. Ishmael picks up the ball on the left wing and puts the ball in. I hear a loud a clunk followed by the loudest cheer from the Southport fans. The ball is lying in the net, and I blinked and missed it.The lads are running at me, biggest smiles on their faces since I took over. I took a quick look at the monitor to see the replay. I couldn't believe it. Of the post and in. Call it luck, call it a quiality strike. We were going to ET with confidence soring.

I decided to replace Davis with Flynn as his legs were getting tired. Last thing I wanted was to concede another goal. I was hoping to hold out for some pens. We iwin a corner. And up pops Flynney and heads it past the keeper. I can't believe it. We are 8 minutes from League 2!!!!

We put our men behind the ball and we hold out. A great day for Southport. A great day for me! Final score 2-1.

Forfana's Goal:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvZXjq02H_o"]YouTube - Southport vs Luton - Fofana Goal 90th minute[/ame]

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

League 2

So lets start with the important stuff, The ins and outs! I released my Assistant, My squad is majority English, So I felt it would be better to get a English fella in and someone who was much better assistant. So after many minutes of scouting the free staff market, I evntually got Warren Neil. I'm looking forward to working with him through this season.

The outs!

Some contracts were expiring, and they were not players I had in my squad this year. Those left the club are:

Liam Blakeman - Was mainly a backup last season
Alan Moogan - Was a great CDM fro me in BSP, but don't feel he good enough for L2
Kevin Lee - I have better defenders and was surplus from last year
Chris Lever - Again, I have better defenders
Matty McNeil - 35 years old, His days are numbered
David Gates - Reserve Player, Wasn't rated very highly
Alex Grisedale - Same as Gates
Steve Daly - Have better Strikers in the Squad, not needed.
Robbie Williams - Take That FC was interested lol, I joke. I have good number of defenders, and he has dropped down the pecking order due to age. Has now signed for Alfreton
Karl Coleman - Reserve Keeper, Accrington bidded 5k, So let him go. Got 3 promising keepers so not needed.
Tony McMillan - Was just taking up the wage bill really, Got younger much better goalkeepers, No one wanted him, so he was released.

The ins!

I was given a 35k budget and 9K wages, Clkub has turned professional so its mainly about getting full time contracts. I requested a parent club, and the board came back with Bolton and a couple of championship sides. So Bolton it was.

Victor Palsson - Season Loan from Liverpool (My weakest area of my team is lack of depth in the midfield, So brought in Victor to cover and get some experience. LFC paying full wages.
Michael Gimpel - I scouted a couple of 15-16 year old english lads. This guy was rated higher than all my current defenders. Screenshot below. Has played in all pre-season so far. 3 MoM's out of 7 games.
Daaniel Johnson - Jamaican/England 18year old promising player. Will be fighting for a place with Palsson.
Keanu Marsh-Brown - Another young prospect plays wingback on the right.
Bahrudin Atojic - Sent from Bolton, ST. Probably won't play him much, but will see how he gets on.
Jacob Walcott - Theo's cousin. Gave him the number 14 for some inspiration. If he can be half as good as his cousin for me this season then i'll be happy. Paid 10K up front, and ill pay another 8K after 20 appeareances.

I don't think i'll bring anymore in. Got budget space for more players, May get cover for left wing back but its not too important. Got quite a big squad, but a lot of young players.

Pre-Season

Bit of a poor Pre-season if honest, But a few new faces so building that chemistry up and getting the fitness back was priority:

Home - Everton - Lost 4-0
Home - AC Milan Reserves - Won 4-1
Home - Hamilton - Lost 3-0
Home - Liverpool Reserves - Lost 4-0
Home - Ayr - Drew 0-0
Home - Rochdale - Won 1-0
Away - Havant & Waterlooville - Drew 0-0

So not the greatest, Everything we touched v Milan seemed to go in. They also had a offside goal disallowed and a header disallowed for a push. Lets hope that wasn't my luck gone for the season.Our first 3 games in League 2 are away, Southend,Doncaster and Mansfield.

Screenies

Michael Gimpel, Fixtures, Transfers, Southport v AC Milan Reserves.

bgzmle.jpg

2u96d7q.jpg

2e6a7hx.jpg

no7q4z.jpg

Last edited:
Good story so far and victor palsson will be class in league 2 he plays for my team hibs in real life and he is absolutely class

August/September

Plan for the season is to stay up, We will lose games. We will draw, As long as beat the teams around me thats what I'm looking to do. Hopefully you'll follow me through this season.

Results

Southend - Away - First game of the new season, 3 out of 4 debuts score and we win 4-2. Great result, And good start for confidence.
Doncaster - Away - League cup 1st round, Doncaster were too strong, and although we bring it back to 1-1, we conced another and then the third comes as we tried to push forward. League is the priority. So not too disappointed with being knocked out early.
Mansfield - Away - Promoted with ourselves last season. So really wanted to win this game. Again we conceded first. But we grab a late goal and get a point. 3 games in a row now we have had to come back from behind. 1-1
Bradford - Home - Our first home game, Wanted to give the fans a glimpse of our desires for the rest of the season. 9 Yellow cards, A own goal and a 90minute penalty, The game had it all. Atajic, (the lad from Bolton) grabbed himself a goal and we had scored first for the first time this season. We conceded just before HT, but we scored again straight after, and went in 2-1. But a mistake by my keeper, and a dubious pen seen us lose 3-2. Quite disappointed but for a neutral, A great game.
Bury - Home - 3-2 loss again, but not as impressive as the last game. Gifted bury with two goals. So was quite annoyed, Pulled 1 back, but it was 3-1. We grabbed a goal in the 80th minute but it wasn't enough.

That rounded up August. So we are sitting with 4 points after 4 games. Not the greatest, but not in relegation spots yet...

Torquay - Away - Septembers first game, after 2 previous defeats, I was hoping for a bounceback. We were killed. 3-0 and Torquay was all over us, could of been more.
Burton - Home - A draw, a Point, It will do. 1-1. Every point counts in this league.
Port Vale - Away - Just been take over or in talks. (can't remember). Was always going to be tough game, as they are one of the promotion favourites. Holding on for a 1-1 draw was a good result. 2 points in 2 games. I'll happily take that. Considering our poor form.
Barnet - Home - First win in 7 games. Just 1-0, but 3 points is what that matters.
Stockport - Home - We continue are winning ways, and grab a goal in the 2nd half to take another 3 points. Unbeaten in 4, 8 points from 12. Slowly moving up the table.

Lincoln was played in October, we grabbed a 3-0 away win, Winning 3 in a row in thius league for us, is great determination, and we finding ourselves sitting in 11th, but its so tight after few amount of games, ITs easy to be dragged back down, and also easy to be part of the playoff race. Who knows what may unfold....

This update is rounded off by a disappointing knockout of the JPT. But again, i'd prefer to stay up this season, and maybe aim for further progression in cups next season.

Other News

No awards, Few players have featured in the team of the week. Gimpel does become Southports youngest goalscorer.

Screenies

Southport v Southend, Southport v Bradford, Results, League Table, Gimpel Record.

fk07fb.jpg

34dj5vo.jpg

ancuti.jpg

34dkfna.jpg

13z39e0.jpg