Spain v Switzerland 16/10 1500 BBC1

Mike.

Staff member
Reaction score
Spain v Switzerland15:00 BST

TEAM NEWS (Courtesy of BBC Sport)

Spain striker Fernando Torres is likely to play a part off the bench as he is eased back after a knee injury, so Vicente del Bosque could opt for a five-man midfield with David Villa playing as a lone striker.
Andres Iniesta is winning his fitness battle and may start, so Cesc Fabregas is likely be on the bench.
Switzerland are missing captain Alex Frei, who has an ankle injury, so Eren Derdiyok will take his place in attack.
West Ham midfielder Valon Behrami has also been ruled out by coach Ottmar Hitzfeld.

Spain squad

• 01 Casillas
  • 02 Albiol
  • 03 Pique
  • 04 Marchena
  • 05 Puyol
  • 06 Iniesta
  • 07 Villa
  • 08 Xavi
  • 09 Torres
  • 10 Fabregas
  • 11 Capdevila
  • 12 Valdes

• 13 Mata
  • 14 Alonso
  • 15 Sergio Ramos
  • 16 Busquets
  • 17 Arbeloa
  • 18 Pedrito
  • 19 Llorente
  • 20 Javi Martinez
  • 21 Silva
  • 22 Jesus Navas
  • 23 Reina

Switzerland squad

• 01 Benaglio
  • 02 Lichtsteiner
  • 03 Magnin
  • 04 Senderos
  • 05 Von Bergen
  • 06 Huggel
  • 07 Barnetta
  • 08 Inler
  • 09 Frei
  • 10 Nkufo
  • 11 Behrami
  • 12 Wolfli

• 13 Grichting
  • 14 Padalino
  • 15 Yakin
  • 16 Fernandes
  • 17 Ziegler
  • 18 Bunjaku
  • 19 Derdiyok
  • 20 Schwegler
  • 21 Leoni
  • 22 Eggiman
  • 23 Shaqiri
My View and Prediction

2-0 Spain

2-0 Spain, Villa and Xavi to score.

spain will play a 4-2-3-1, xabi and buscuit hold, and xavi playing further forwards than usual. inestia will start wide left as andvanced playmaker, looking to link with xavi and villa a lot, silva will start right and cutting, but will be more direct at goal than iniesta, villa will play as more of a complete forward, but without the heading.

switzerland play a bog standard 4-4-2, so the are going to lose the midfield battle pretty quickly imo, and end playing 2 banks of four and looking to hit on the counter. if spain get the early goal expect them to see the game out rather than going goals crazy

Maybe bit less score if the Swiss had Brhrami and Frei, and although I did get my Brazil-7-0 N.Korea prediction horribbly wrong, I reckon 4 nil to Spain.

Well, here we go. I hope them to win easily and above all to play as they know.

It hard to say after seeing Brazil fight out a tough game against North Korea

Still I belive Spain have enough quality too see of the challenge of Switzerland

Spain 2-0 Switzerland

3-0 Spain - Silva, Villa, Capdevilla.

Interesting to see Torres and Fab on he bench.

Pretty poor so far, Be a different game with Torres & Villa up top their some partnership, also dont rate Busquests

Pretty poor so far, Be a different game with Torres & Villa up top their some partnership, also dont rate Busquests

Yeah Spain Not Really Doing Much At All. Cesc + Alonso + Xavi Should Be In There. Alonso Could Do The Small Holding Job, Cesc N Xaivi Would Tear Them Apart.

because spain are playing 4-2-3-1 and not 4-3-3, and the two are xabi and buiscuit, buisuit is play the role senna used to play

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

and to be fair to del bosque, his record with spain is immense, so stop complaingin they havent turned on the fireworks, it was never going attacking football, but possession football

because spain are playing 4-2-3-1 and not 4-3-3, and the two are xabi and buiscuit, buisuit is play the role senna used to play

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

and to be fair to del bosque, his record with spain is immense, so stop complaingin they havent turned on the fireworks, it was never going attacking football, but possession football

Im Not Complaining ?.. Im Just saying That Cesc Is A Better Player Than Alonso and Busquets, so Why cant Alonso Play Busquets Role, and Cesc Play alonso's. Much Better No ?

Im Not Complaining ?.. Im Just saying That Cesc Is A Better Player Than Alonso and Busquets, so Why cant Alonso Play Busquets Role, and Cesc Play alonso's. Much Better No ?

Exactly, dont mind him the guy is a idiot that disagree's with anything I say because I dont rate England as a good team.

because alonso cant play that role, he isnt as good defensively, at real madrid and liverpool he always he had a ball winner alongside him to offer more protection and win the ball

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Exactly, dont mind him the guy is a idiot that disagree's with anything I say because I dont rate England as a good team.
why with the insults? for the record i dont care that you dont rate england, ther are plenty of ABEs on the site, its the way you troll and start arguments, and then call it opinion that annoys me