Spain v Switzerland 16/10 1500 BBC1

They always say that defence is the best form of offence... and they were right. Bravo Switzerland!

I recon everyones predictions will of went down the toilet here. Anyone get it right?

Spain could be struggling to qualify for the 2nd round here because Chili look tasty aswell in this group.

Call me old fashioned but i wanted Spain to show their class and hammer the swiss, i suppose as an Arsenal supporter i hate the kicking and defensive attitude taken up by so many weaker teams. On the other hand, in the second half, Switzerland were awesome - their tactics were spot on, and even occasionally tried to counter attack, rather than the first half, when they preferred to hoof it away when they got the ball. David Silva, Xavi, and Iniesta were very disappointing for me today, it just didn't work having Iniesta on the left, his natural position is in the centre and he kept drifting in, whether he was told to or not i'm not sure. Bit unfortunate for Piqué with the goal (not saying it shouldn't have counted but...) the striker "scissor-kicked" him in the head.

I wonder if calum_arsenal is still a Spain fan...

Call me old fashioned but i wanted Spain to show their class and hammer the swiss, i suppose as an Arsenal supporter i hate the kicking and defensive attitude taken up by so many weaker teams. On the other hand, in the second half, Switzerland were awesome - their tactics were spot on, and even occasionally tried to counter attack, rather than the first half, when they preferred to hoof it away when they got the ball. David Silva, Xavi, and Iniesta were very disappointing for me today, it just didn't work having Iniesta on the left, his natural position is in the centre and he kept drifting in, whether he was told to or not i'm not sure. Bit unfortunate for Piqué with the goal (not saying it shouldn't have counted but...) the striker "scissor-kicked" him in the head.

I don't agree with most of the above comments.

i wonder if there will be ridiculous hand wringing, and complaing in spain after this....

Told all my mates Spain won't win the World Cup.. I'm standing by it on that performance.

i still think Spain will come out the strongest and win the cup on july 11th

Spain were lucky today, could of been worse 4 them lol, like always there world cup mentality came shining through as always, so different to euro's with different pressures 4 teams with more on the favorite 1's to win every game. GERMANY V BRAZIL FINAL

NO

Calum is a scottish name
Calum is scottish
scotland not in the world cup
so Calum support spain

Calum is a Scottish Namr

Calum is Scottish

Calum Supports Celti.... Arsenal

Arsenal an English side

So why Calum support Arsenal

Last edited: