Spain v Switzerland 16/10 1500 BBC1

if spain stay 4-2-3-1, i reckon next game we'll see alonso dropped, xavi, dropping back to where alonso was, and fabregas coming in, with navas coming in for silva. though if initesta isnt fit you might see silva on the left

Spain is just world class as individuals, but quite mediocre as a team, and it showed.

Spain is just world class as individuals, but quite mediocre as a team, and it showed.
they have lost just twice in 46 games. they are far from mediocre. today was an off day, it would be foolish to assume they will play this badly again.

they have lost just twice in 46 games. they are far from mediocre. today was an off day, it would be foolish to assume they will play this badly again.

Point taken, but I stand by my assessment.
There's just too many star players on the Spain team, and too many trying to do things on their own.
Although mediocre might be a bit too harsh, they certainly play less convincing as a unit as the sum of their parts.

Point taken, but I stand by my assessment.
There's just too many star players on the Spain team, and too many trying to do things on their own.
Although mediocre might be a bit too harsh, they certainly play less convincing as a unit as the sum of their parts.
they normally do play as a very good united side, but the problem stands that if the team is organised enough and can defend deep and narrow, spain are forced to go wide and cross, but villa cant head. but remeber torres looks to have recovered, and he can head the ball well. personally lacked the drive fab would have brought to the game behind the striker. i would start torres, fab behind him, silva left, navas right xavi and buscuit in deep

watch euro 2008 trust me thy play more than the sum of their parts. to day was an off day. im not saying they are going to win the world cup, but they are very good. though i think a side like this germany could knock them out