Spam is getting to ridiculous levels now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passenaccio

Reaction score
I know other forums have been hit but this is just getting beyond the joke. Other Football Manager forums are not having this problem. Seems to me that something is majorly flawed here as the mods keep saying we are dealing with it yet nothing changes. Seen new members on other sites saying they have left here because of this very problem. If nothing changes soon I can see more leaving to sites like Sortitoutsi and Fm View and The Away stand. Thats where I have seen some of these comments coming from.

The "I'm sick of spam" thread is beginning to become as annoying as the spam itself!

Rest assured what can be done is being done, this is not the only site having these problems & I know the guys are constantly looking for solutions.

No doubt that is of little consolation but It's a BIG problem & there is unlikely to be a quick fix :S

There are several other big forums suffering from this too. Take Blizzard for example. We are doing the best we can. Hopefully there will be a solution soon

I know other forums have been hit but this is just getting beyond the joke. Other Football Manager forums are not having this problem. Seems to me that something is majorly flawed here as the mods keep saying we are dealing with it yet nothing changes. Seen new members on other sites saying they have left here because of this very problem. If nothing changes soon I can see more leaving to sites like Sortitoutsi and Fm View and The Away stand. Thats where I have seen some of these comments coming from.

Feel free, we aren't forcing people to be here. We attract the most spam because our traffic and membership numbers outnumber the other sites you've mentioned.

We as a staff group are all well aware of the problem, a problem that professionally run corporate companies like Blizzard are unable to fix. The loosely connected together band of FM dweebs dotted around the world that is your fm-base staff group are doing everything we can, but we have lives away from the forum, we cannot police things 24/7.

Until a hack/fix/update to the forum software becomes available to try and stop the spammers at the signup stage (they now seemingly have all but defeated traditional anti spam measures) there isn't much we can do but delete topics and IP ban the account posting them when we see them.

This is the last topic moaning about spam. We are well aware of it and don't need reminding that stopping the spam is hard. I have just spent 5 minutes writing this post that could have been spent deleting spam and cleaning up the forum.

Future topics of this nature will simply be deleted, with possible infractions for anyone posting repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.