Broyston

Reaction score
I am Liverpool and my scouts always come back from Brazil, Argentina and Mexico with glowing reports of all these top youngsters, but there is the old work permit issue. I noticed that in Spain a player from latin america only takes 2 years to get Spanish nationality, and therefore EU status. I thought it would be worth trying to get a Spanish feeder club, but whenever I request a feeder club from the board all I get offered is teams from Poland, or Hungary or Romania. Is there any way to request a feeder club from a specific country?

yes he does, but he has to reside (play in Spain) in order for that ruling to be upheld!

the best is Belgian clubs or nations like Poland etc they have suggested... take a look through here for gaining nationality times:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2...7-how-many-years-gain-nationality-thread.html

also take a look through this: a lot of really good youngsters wont have too much issues with WP's mate, they will come over under special ability clauses:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...669-how-get-my-player-work-permit-thread.html

If your board confidence is high enough you normally get the option to pick the feeder club yourself.

To avoid the hassle in the first place you can always assign your scout(s) to only find EU-Nationals as well.

Thanks Raikan, so if I send a player to the feeder club it does count as the player residing in the country? The annoying thing is I haven't got Belgium or Poland set up as playable leagues on my game, and I heard that players don't develop as well in "imaginary" leagues.

yeah, they dont really, it is best to send them to a nation that you have playable as this will ensure the games are played correctly and fully (you know what I mean)

the ruling is, they will only be given their Spanish Nationality if they stay in the country, as soon as they leave after the two years (plus a few extra months for the paperwork) their Spanish nationality will fall away! they have to stay and play in Spain in order for the paperwork/nationality to remain relevant!

Hmmmm, but EU status gained by playing in another country such as Belgium is permanent? Oh well, 3 years is a long time to wait, might as well just stick with the European kids.

yes its permanent in Belgium :) Spain, no... well only after like 4 or 5 years though