Spankys 4-3-3 A.V.B Style

• Thread starter Thread starter spanky123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 10K
very good tactic, I'm using Malaga now. beat Barca once 5:4, and all their goals are counter attack...

However, when i face Barca second time, my squad is forced back at my own area and my DM always under big pressure... lots of mistakes by my defenders which directly lead to goals...

How to solve this problem when facing my opposite pushed forward?

very good tactic, I'm using Malaga now. beat Barca once 5:4, and all their goals are counter attack...

However, when i face Barca second time, my squad is forced back at my own area and my DM always under big pressure... lots of mistakes by my defenders which directly lead to goals...

How to solve this problem when facing my opposite pushed forward?

nice to hear tactic worked well if you were playing barca away any team will be forced bk in their own half for the majority of the game it doesnt matter which team you are i suppose you could try playing counter but i wouldnt recommend it ! if you find a way around it let me know how it goes cheers

nice to hear tactic worked well if you were playing barca away any team will be forced bk in their own half for the majority of the game it doesnt matter which team you are i suppose you could try playing counter but i wouldnt recommend it ! if you find a way around it let me know how it goes cheers

View attachment 304791

This is the match I won... unfortunately, I did not try to push my players back so barca scores a few by countering attack.

I found sometimes my dmc or two dl/dr pass is 'walking' on the pitch and i know the next minute is either they pass the ball directly to my opponent or my opponent tackle them hard to get the ball, which of cuz usually leads to a great counter attack.

I found this problem maybe is because in your tactc, the two dl/ dr is actually wingbacks and it works pretty good while you are attacking, however, when defending, especially, when you are forced to play in your own side, my central defenders cannot find them to collect the ball, usually there are two opposite players in between them. Another problem with the dmc is becuz the style is narrow, they tend to pass in the middle rather than looking around...

So some match, when I face big opponents like barca, I tried to put the dl/dr to their original place to collect the ball from dcs and a little bit wider in order for the dmc to pass to the side. By doing this, I couldn't win the match, but at least it would be a draw.

View attachment 304791

This is the match I won... unfortunately, I did not try to push my players back so barca scores a few by countering attack.

I found sometimes my dmc or two dl/dr pass is 'walking' on the pitch and i know the next minute is either they pass the ball directly to my opponent or my opponent tackle them hard to get the ball, which of cuz usually leads to a great counter attack.

I found this problem maybe is because in your tactc, the two dl/ dr is actually wingbacks and it works pretty good while you are attacking, however, when defending, especially, when you are forced to play in your own side, my central defenders cannot find them to collect the ball, usually there are two opposite players in between them. Another problem with the dmc is becuz the style is narrow, they tend to pass in the middle rather than looking around...

So some match, when I face big opponents like barca, I tried to put the dl/dr to their original place to collect the ball from dcs and a little bit wider in order for the dmc to pass to the side. By doing this, I couldn't win the match, but at least it would be a draw.

from looking at your screen shot it looks pretty impressive 8-8 on agg with Barcelona which means you scored 3 at the nou camp not many teams do that :) or score 8 against barca in 2 games if that doesn't give any satisfaction to anyone I don't know what will :) I found pushing my wing backs back totally throws the tactic out of proportion are you doing everything I said in my thread playing left footed centre back etc etc i know it might sound pretty weird but on fm 13 even playing a wrong footed player in a certain position can throw the whole tactic down the toilet

from looking at your screen shot it looks pretty impressive 8-8 on agg with Barcelona which means you scored 3 at the nou camp not many teams do that :) or score 8 against barca in 2 games if that doesn't give any satisfaction to anyone I don't know what will :) I found pushing my wing backs back totally throws the tactic out of proportion are you doing everything I said in my thread playing left footed centre back etc etc i know it might sound pretty weird but on fm 13 even playing a wrong footed player in a certain position can throw the whole tactic down the toilet

View attachment 304983

Thanks, I guess I was asking too much from my average player to play against barca. Now I move onto the next season with new signing and loan players as Malaga doesn't have a lot of money.

I know your tactic is focus on the mid field, but some times there are more chances on the sidelines. if my player cannot find the right opportunities in the middle, they start to long shots....

View attachment 304983

Thanks, I guess I was asking too much from my average player to play against barca. Now I move onto the next season with new signing and loan players as Malaga doesn't have a lot of money.

I know your tactic is focus on the mid field, but some times there are more chances on the sidelines. if my player cannot find the right opportunities in the middle, they start to long shots....

nice screenshot :) once the new patch is out that should sort the long shots out ! its to do with the match engine not the tactic .

Very nice look. I love AVB's tactics especially how effectively we play the high line. I'll use this on my Spurs save a let you know how i get on. :)

Any advice onto tighten it up at the back? changed the dmc slider to defensive which helped a bit, but still leaking goals here and there. Otherwise a great tactic which has just got my Bournemouth side promoted to the Premier League. Cheers!

Any advice onto tighten it up at the back? changed the dmc slider to defensive which helped a bit, but still leaking goals here and there. Otherwise a great tactic which has just got my Bournemouth side promoted to the Premier League. Cheers!

not to sure fella sorry the only advice i have is to use a gk with good positioning this usually sures the defense up ! while the match engine is **** its quite hard to tweek things without making things worse ! if u manage to make the defense better let us know cheers

Had a terrible start, 7 losses in a row, then 5 draws in a row and now I am flying with this formation! Big thanks <3

Not a bad start in the prem with this tactic, defence still concerns me a bit.

Not a bad start in the prem with this tactic, defence still concerns me a bit.

not a bad start :) hope the run keeps going n u see some european football next season ! keep me posted :)

also have you tried setting your training to defensive positioning instead of letting the assisant do it ! it could help not sure but worth a try

Last edited:
I am really struggling to get my central striker scoring consistently in this formation! I'm playing as Liverpool and I've tried Suarez, Borini, Destro and Benzia there... Any help would be appreciated!

I am really struggling to get my central striker scoring consistently in this formation! I'm playing as Liverpool and I've tried Suarez, Borini, Destro and Benzia there... Any help would be appreciated!

not to sure fella i did notice in my spurs save that adebayour only scored 25 for the season but he also had 20 odd assists the CMs and Wingers are pitching in with alot of goals to ! tried using the tactic in spain with real sociadad because you can change pitch size and its working unbelievably and the striker is banging them in using a standard pitch ! thats the prob with the prem league you cant change pitch size ! Maybe try changing his role to poacher or Target man mite help

Yet another tactic where the truth isn`t being told, you must be saving you game before every game and reloading if you lose. 1 full season with Arsenal and I did not win 1 away match all season and finished 8th, GREAT TACTIC!!!

Yet another tactic where the truth isn`t being told, you must be saving you game before every game and reloading if you lose. 1 full season with Arsenal and I did not win 1 away match all season and finished 8th, GREAT TACTIC!!!

Why the **** would I upload a tactic that doesn't work , it's worked for other peeps and I wouldn't waste my time reloading game after game ! Did I say it would work for every team NO! Did I say it works better in leagues abroad where you can try different pitch sizes YES ! Why not try creating a tactic of your own if you don't like this one or are you to thick ! 1 more thing why would you play a whole season with the same tactic when your getting beat every game :/ IDIOT and ungrateful come to mind

Yes, if he knew that it wasn't a good tactic, he gains nothing by sharing it with others. Like all tactics on fm if it doesn't suit your team or players it won't have the same effect. Accusing him of cheating is not helpful.

Haven't finished the season (will give a full review when i do) So far i drew my first 6 league games. Partly because i had a massive upheaval in summer, but in the Europa league i have walked a fairly decent group. (Anderlecht and Anzhi) But in the last 3/4 league games the team has turned up the heat, smashing teams for fun.

I've made a few tweaks, one setting the DMC to the maximum level of defensive and slightly lowered the cb's mentality. I changed the complete forward to a poacher (Simply because i have no one to fill that role). I also found we were getting caught out randomly on the counter so i set match prep to defensive which has so far, stopped them as bad.

All that a side the teams been playing some good stuff and from what i see, once everything is settled i should be able to dominate most teams.

Back