Such a shame this has ended when it was jsut getting started :( maybe the new story could be in either Slovakia or Slovenia, like you were originally thinking?

Such a shame this has ended when it was jsut getting started :( maybe the new story could be in either Slovakia or Slovenia, like you were originally thinking?

Those would be quite similar to this and I think I'll be looking in a new direction. I'm thinking countries with more money to work with. Might do some research on some Bundesliga.2, Liga Adelante, Ligue 2 and Serie B. Also thinking a journeyman story so I don't feel entrapped at one club

I have a pretty intriguing idea of a story involving none other than Rafa Nadal. Might pursue that, keep your eyes peeled

I have a pretty intriguing idea of a story involving none other than Rafa Nadal. Might pursue that, keep your eyes peeled

Do Mallorca!! Nadal is from Mallorca, and that's why I like them! I love Nadal, but Federer is the best <3

Do Mallorca!! Nadal is from Mallorca, and that's why I like them! I love Nadal, but Federer is the best <3

Yeah, that was idea, you've ruined the surprise :p but yeah, he used to be a shareholder during the early 2010s but i learned today that someone bought his shares a while ago so that takes away the magic of the story, although I assume he still holds sway amongst some members of the board, maybe??? anyway I was hoping they might have an affiliation in Spain... I had a really good plot line for that but they don't :( oh well. Looks like a Nadal based story is in the pipeline. I have my final exams this week so I should be able to slog out alot of FM afterwards :)

Yeah, that was idea, you've ruined the surprise :p but yeah, he used to be a shareholder during the early 2010s but i learned today that someone bought his shares a while ago so that takes away the magic of the story, although I assume he still holds sway amongst some members of the board, maybe??? anyway I was hoping they might have an affiliation in Spain... I had a really good plot line for that but they don't :( oh well. Looks like a Nadal based story is in the pipeline. I have my final exams this week so I should be able to slog out alot of FM afterwards :)

Hahaha I'm sorry, I have had the same idea before that's all! :p Go for it! :D

if anyone wants to add me on steam, feel free to PM me on here and I'll give you my steam details. Would love to talk FM with you guys

Mallorca would be good! Interesting challenge and Rafa Nadal involved :D

Got bored and replayed the lost season, therefore updates for this may recontinue

View attachment 256234

Spartak Varna

End of 2015/16 season

Going to make this quite quick as I didn't screenshot any of the emails saying who won which awards as I wasn't sure whether I was going to continue this story.

However, I did manage to re-do the season and I'll pick up from where we left off in the last update which was finishing the first half of the season before the winter break.

View attachment 256233

Just a quick reminder to all those who didn't read an earlier post. After the initial 22 games of the regular season have been played, the table gets split into two "leagues" of 6, bottom half and top half. I finished the regular season in 8th therefore I was put into the bottom half league. From that point, the 6 teams play eachother another two times, home and away. Thus creating 10 more fixtures and a 32 game season.

On the surface. This fixture list of results looks great as we only lost two games. However, being one of the better teams in the bottom league, this was not too surprising. Winning all homes games was still something to be proud of, however. I integrated several youth products towards the end of the inital 22 games as I thought it was the end of season :p However, one inparticular product really made a name for himself and actually played about 8 of the 10 extra games (He will be screenshotted for the upcoming 2016/17 pre-season post, don't worry :p)

In the end, the winter break really helped us settle down in the league and the unbeaten friendly run really gave us momentum heading into the final games.

View attachment 256229

So we actually finish with the 3rd most points in the league :p I am proud of my team, considering we were tipped to go straight back down we have done remarkably well to hold our own on many occasions.

Ludogorets are champions for the 5th year straight. Gimme a couple years and I hope to knock them off their perch. Montana go straight back down after coming up with us last season. Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) were completely awful all season-long and deserve to go down.

I was happy to move up from our 8th position to 7th as thats £20,000 extra prize money and every little counts when you're a club like us :p

Feels good to be back :)

View attachment 255851

2016/17 season preview

Media prediction: 10th

My aim: Top 6 by the end of the regular 22 games

First team squad (as of 16th August 2016):

View attachment 255832

Youth squad (as of 16th August 2016):

View attachment 255831

Key player:

View attachment 255830

Signed him on a free in the last winter break which was obviously undocumented by me as I had to re-do that season. However, he is an absolute steal and a great find by me if i say so myself :p I'm currently retraining him as a RB as I don't think his concentration or jumping reach will ever be a high enough standard thanks to our **** poor training facilities :(
I highly doubt he's going to earn a Brazilian cap, so if he stays with us for another 2 and a half years he qualifies for Bulgaria and he'd walk into that squad. This will help me in the future as I hope to take over the national team.

Best produced youth product so far:

View attachment 255827

This kid could be something if our facilities and league standard were higher. Although he should still turn out alright and could be with us for a while. It's good to see that, although he'll develop little, we are picking up some good youth early on without the best of junior coaching or youth recruiting. This guy will get little bits of playing time to try and aid his development.

I know a few readers really get interested in the whole building of a club side of things, so here's what the facilities are now looking like after 2 seasons.

View attachment 255833

Hired a new Head of Youth Development:

View attachment 255825

Pretty incredible stats if you consider that we're a pretty inadequate team in a declining league (our league rank went down by two). Should help us bring in even better youth and hopefully improve the developing rates.

He's also a top 5 player on the team as a player :p

View attachment 255824

You've probably noticed a few players missing from the full squad list...

All will be revealed in the pre-season update which will include transfers

I know a few readers really get interested in the whole building of a club side of things, so here's what the facilities are now looking like after 2 seasons.

Love stuff like this, well worth including in my opinion!

Love stuff like this, well worth including in my opinion!

thanks for the feedback man :) yeah I think I'll show an update of the facilities every two years so that you can see the difference more clearly over time. They haven't been worked on much as of yet, I'm still trying to get the necessary sponsorship and income to start making a profit

View attachment 255518

2016/17 pre-season

Pretty big squad changes for this season.

View attachment 255517

Star player Tsvetkov goes back to Litex for half a million after joining for free from Litex last summer. Sad to see him go but an amazing profit for us. Yeovil activated Doucoure's low release clause so that's our best winger gone sadly. Sidney Gaetan then got an offer I can't refuse when I'm looking to improve the clubs financial position so he leaves to division rivals Botev. Other than that, scrubs got released on frees.
On the other end of the transfer spectrum we brought in quite a few players (you can view their abilities on the squad list in the season pre-view post). Overall, honestly, the squad is a lot worse now then it was last season. Our midfield has been completely remodeled and we should be up for a relegation scrap. Hopefully, we'll survive and my financial decisions will prove correct.

View attachment 255515

For the second time in this save I forgot to arrange friendlies :p We ended up playing some pretty poor teams so I can't really take anything away from this pre-season. The three teams other than our youth team were both Romanian teams as we went on tour there to increase our reputation in different regions.​

View attachment 255514

July/August 2016 update

View attachment 255513

We started the season with a tough away fixture to fierce rivals, Cherno more. The game was actually pretty exciting despite the scoreline, it also attracted one of the biggest attendances I've seen so far in the "A" Group.
Next was back to back losses against two revitalized teams. CSKA were strong and Litex was an unlucky loss.
Hero of our "B" Group campaign, Kristiyan Filipov gets a game against Levski as Henrique is out for the whole of August after picking up an injury against Levski and scores an equaliser to get a deserved point at home.
A very exciting draw and a brace off the bench for back up striker Gerasim Zakov got us a point against the worse team in the league.
Iván Borghello and Jorge Henrique make their debuts for the match against Lokomotiv Sofia and get us our first win of the season with Borghello getting a debut goal much to the delight of the fans.
We end the month with an expected 3-0 loss away to the ever-present Ludogorets.

View attachment 255512

Finally some competition for the 5-time running champions Ludogorets at the top! At this point last season I don't think Ludogorets had even conceded a goal so I'm not sure what's gone on there. Maybe it's due to the fact that have had a successful champions league qualifying campaign and have qualified for the group stage (with Juventus, Bayern and Liverpool, ouch!). Early on, it's looking like the league is going to be a close affair at both ends of the table. On the plus side we're above our fierce rivals.​

View attachment 255398

September/October 2016 update

View attachment 255397

September started with a tough win that was won only with a penalty against newly promoted Pirin. They are actually doing quite well, in fairness.
An expected loss against top half side Botev Plovdiv, Borghello bagging his second goal. Really shouldn't have conceded 3 but hey, sometimes you get unlucky.
Now the cup win ****** me off :p If you've been reading carefully you'll know I love to tank the cup so we can focus on the league as the financial benefits are minuscule. However, my reserves and youth players actually played really well so what the ****, i'll let them off. We draw "B" Group side Vereya in the next round so it's quite likely we could progress further. If that's the case I may try to win the cup as, although you get barely any money throughout, the prize is a Europa League qualifying place so...
A poor loss at home to Slavia Sofia had me raging. Really should be taking advantage of these opportunities to get 3 points! Borghello still showing why he got 14 goals in the Argentine Premier Division last season.
It says own goal but it should've been giving to Borghello as a goal... oh well, still again, we should've got the 3 points here as Beroe are a weaker team but we just didn't show up.
Next was the second derby day of the season and we managed yet another draw :p It was boring this time with no side the clear deserved winners.
CSKA Sofia next and we grab a great point against the league leaders. No clue how we managed it but I'm not complaining!
Lastly, we somehow, amazingly, beat 2nd at the time Litex at home. No clue how we managed to keep them out, and our goal was a swiftly executed counter attack with a great assist from Borghello leading to the neatest of finishes from on-loan winger Trifkovic.

View attachment 255386

What a difference a transfer window makes, eh? Last season Ludogorets were untouchable and now they have two close rivals for the title in Litex and CSKA Sofia. I expect Ludogorets' performances to pick up after they inevitably exit the Champions League. We're sitting in my targeted 6th. It's very close though and two losses on the bounce could put us in the relegation zone. However, with just 8 left until the league splits into two, if i can just maintain 6th place, then I can use youth players for the rest of the season to develop them without being able to go lower down than 6th. As well as keeping the prize money of sixth place! (£108k)

Lots of activity happened with the club during these two months!

View attachment 255382

Early in the month the board accepted my proposals for junior coaching upgrading! This now puts us with good junior coaching level which is only rivaled by 3 other clubs in the whole of Bulgaria! (Pirin have good, Levski have good and Litex have excellent standards)

View attachment 255379

After the game against Pirin, first choice LW Ognyanov goes down for probably the remainder of the season by the time he's fully rehabbed. Bollocks.

View attachment 255378

Early in September I get this message. :O

View attachment 255377

Zakov is unhappy and old so when he asked to leave I said okay. Straight after that Apollon came in with an offer even though I didn't transfer list him? Spooky.

View attachment 255375

Thought this would be interesting for some of you. Georgiev and Sabkov have been regular features in the U21s but I'm focusing on Kanchev and Ognyanov here as they are both youth products of our academy! :) Filipov also gets his first U19s call up. Joel Cunha gets his first Brazil U20s call up since joining, he has been capped twice at U20s level in the past.

View attachment 255374

So, this wasn't as exciting as I thought it might be, he's come in and send he has no plans to invest so that's pretty boring but I guess realistic. He may however, be more strict when it comes to improving facilities, etc, as the last chairman was pretty lenient when it came to that sort of stuff.​

Last edited: