'Speak to player' feature, is it pointless?

Bullardinho

Reaction score
This is just a general question I wanted to put out there, once an opposing club accept my offer for to buy one of there players, I sometimes receive the message from the players agent 'My client has not interest in joining your club' , this is then followed by the option to speak to the player (without the option to 'Make First Offer') I am assuming offering you an attempt to persuade the player to join your club.

Now I am not stupid, I understand that if I am the manager of Nuneaton, I am clearly not going to be able to convince Ronaldo, Messi or even Bendtner to join me, no matter what I say..
But I often find myself in a position where the deal is easily viable (i.e. Newcastle manager attempting to by a transfer listed Wilfred Bony) yet it never matters what I say to a player, I can hand on heart say that I have a 100% fail rate when it comes to this scenario. Never once has the player been willing to listen to my 'first offer'

I just wanted to see if it was just me that found this to be the case? Does anyone have a particular routine they use when this comes up?

Normally say that they can be a legend it's worked for me a few times