partyparkins

Reaction score
My laptop is 5 years old. Its an intel I5 processor, 4GB RAM, I think the graphics are inbuild and pretty poor. Basically my FM16 is slow, like it takes about 10 seconds to load the player scouting page etc, always takes 3-4 seconds to load each new page.
I'm guessing FM17 is gona be even worse than that because I've read the specs. But what is it that I actually need to make the game run quickly? My processor is high, is the RAM too low? Or is it the graphics card? I hear so many different things about what it is.
Cheers for any help.

FM17 is being much better. But that can be for me because I have 64-bit OS and FM17 has support for 64-bit for the first time. The graphics card would affect watching matches in 3D, it shouldn't be a problem with 2D classic. The main problem for you is the RAM. But 32-bit OS can't use more than 4GB RAM AFAIK.

My laptop is 5 years old. Its an intel I5 processor, 4GB RAM, I think the graphics are inbuild and pretty poor. Basically my FM16 is slow, like it takes about 10 seconds to load the player scouting page etc, always takes 3-4 seconds to load each new page.
I'm guessing FM17 is gona be even worse than that because I've read the specs. But what is it that I actually need to make the game run quickly? My processor is high, is the RAM too low? Or is it the graphics card? I hear so many different things about what it is.
Cheers for any help.

Have you had the laptop serviced since you bought it? Any Laptop, no matter how good the specs are will slow down and degrade in performance after 5 years. I'm not so sure FM is the problem here since an i5 and 4GB RAM is fine to play the game. I personally think your OS is clogged full of ***** and that's what's slowing it down.

PS. I'm working as a Laptop technician so I'm not talking out of my *** here :p

FM17 is being much better. But that can be for me because I have 64-bit OS and FM17 has support for 64-bit for the first time. The graphics card would affect watching matches in 3D, it shouldn't be a problem with 2D classic. The main problem for you is the RAM. But 32-bit OS can't use more than 4GB RAM AFAIK.

32bit OSs can't use more than 4GB (it ends up being 3.5GB since the OS has to cache some of it for general use) but in saying that, 4GB should be enough to comfortable runt eh game... unless it's DDR2 RAM, then I think it should be taken out back, given a last meal and shot.

Have you had the laptop serviced since you bought it? Any Laptop, no matter how good the specs are will slow down and degrade in performance after 5 years. I'm not so sure FM is the problem here since an i5 and 4GB RAM is fine to play the game. I personally think your OS is clogged full of ***** and that's what's slowing it down.

PS. I'm working as a Laptop technician so I'm not talking out of my *** here :p

Hi bro,any advice on how i can improve the performance of my dell lattitude e6400?amazingly its still working well but use a little boost.sorry,ive prob started something asking u that lol

I'm having a game speed issue also, I have plenty of memory and RAM with an i5 processor, but only having 1.5 stars for my game speed surely there's an issue somewhere??