Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

SPL prepares for earliest start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Neil Doncaster reveils the SPL will start on the 23rd of July 2011 next season.

More - HERE

Any thoughts on this :S? I personally find it a bit weird clubs could postpone a fixture for a friendly.

Reaction score
What do you mean they postpone a fixture for a friendly?

Reaction score
Then that would make the whole point of starting the fixture list early if you're only going to postpone it to play it when you would originally start...

Reaction score
So really this is to stop congestion and backlogs, but its already caused what it was meant to uncause.

Banned
Reaction score
Neil doncaster is a **** on my opinions

He tries to make spl football even more boring than it already is- ten team league

and now hes reducing revenue as people will be on holiday for the first 3/4 game

He is an absolute half wit

Reaction score
Thought this was to facilitate a winter break, but apparently not...

Reaction score
Thought this was to facilitate a winter break, but apparently not...

Would make sense if they did. Suppose they would get some extra revenue from Sky as they are not competing with the English games for TV time

Reaction score
Silly idea i think, loses the clubs out on money they could get from friendlies and as footy4life89 says, the clubs will lose money as fans will be on holidays during the first few games
only up side is that it should help the clubs in the first few rounds in europe but i doubt it will

Status
Not open for further replies.