SPL Propose New League System

Reaction score
The SPL have proposed a New League system in which radical change will be made.The SPL say that 11 teams out of 12 have to vote.
Here are the proposed changes

• An SPL1 ad SPL2 in which there are 10 teams in each.
  • The Lower leagues are regionalied.
  • The SPL1 teams can play there "B" teams in SPL2 or lower leagues
  • An earlier start to the season in July so that teams are prepared for European football
  • A winter break or a break in May or March so that the backlog of fixtures can be played
Post back what you think of it

shambles utter shambles.....

with 42 teams in the spl and scottish league put together why not just have a Scottish "Premier League" of 20 teams and 22 divison 1 league, more money for spl coverage for the little teams and a new generation of scottish footballers pitting their wits against the best of the old firm etc..

I believe the same.I also think that if Celtic and Rangers go to England it would be better for scottish football.
Because
4 teams have got a chance of winning-Hibs,Hearts,Motherwell + Dundee Utd
Celtic and Rangers fans wont be prepared to travel for games and would come and watch local teams

i agree in terms of better for everyone including the old firm and the old firm is what makes the spl and if scotland are tying to get more coverage of their football around the world by shaking up the league system without the old firm they would be taking a huge step back, i would prefer the system to stay as it is then then the new proposal.

I believe the same.I also think that if Celtic and Rangers go to England it would be better for scottish football.
Because
Celtic and Rangers fans wont be prepared to travel for games and would come and watch local teams

Celtic and Rangers fans would be willing to travel to support there teams FACT and the new league proposal's will benifet the game up here greatly

Last edited:
The SPL have proposed a New League system in which radical change will be made.The SPL say that 11 teams out of 12 have to vote.
Here are the proposed changes

• An SPL1 ad SPL2 in which there are 10 teams in each.
  • The Lower leagues are regionalied.
  • The SPL1 teams can play there "B" teams in SPL2 or lower leagues
  • An earlier start to the season in July so that teams are prepared for European football
  • A winter break or a break in May or March so that the backlog of fixtures can be played
Post back what you think of it

sources?

I'd say 20 team leagues would be better. Then everything down regional and top teams can play a second team in their regional league.

B teams playing with th senior ones. Like spanish system.

I think it's a good idea.

Because

if celtic and rangers wnet to england that would be a disaster

16 team divisions. Play each other twice. Winter break. 2 up, 2 down. Simples.