rhys89

Reaction score
Hi folks, Im planning on doing my first custom league creation for FM 2013 using the new SPL proposals.

They consist of the following:

24 Professional Football Teams in Scotland, 18 Semi-Pro.

2 Professional leagues of 12:

SPL1 & SPL2
Home & Away fixtures, coming to 22 Games.

then

3 Professional leagues of 8:

Point tallys becoming rest within the respective "mini-league"
Home & Away fixtures, bringing a total over a season to 36.

Top 2 of the Middle division getting automatic promotion for SPL1, bottom 2 of the middle division automatically getting relegated to SPL2 for the next season.

Bottom 2 teams of the Bottom "mini-league" automatically relegated with the top 2 from the 14 team league gaining promotion, and a play off 3rd from bottom vs 3rd from top respectively.

HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT DOING THIS?

Its actually the top four of the middle division going to the top division for the next season, with the bottom four going to the SPL2. I would like to know myself though. :)

I actually did this a couple of games ago when I had the idea. Never thought it would come true haha! Well you would have 2 rounds of fixtures before the split so that accounts for the first 22 matches. Then you would set a split at 8th and set the first section to have two rounds and the second section to have zero. Then make a relegation play off with 4 teams from each division in it and set it to a league. This is the part I can't remember so much, I'm not sure how to set the play off to have two rounds of matches. I'll maybe have a try at it later.

I think I did it by doing a 14 team SPL so it split at 10th place and only one other round of fixtures was needed but it was uneven games

I might have a proper go at this for a first time online project. Any suggestions how to get the relegation play off to go two rounds?

i have this working ok at the moment. i can forward it to you if u fancy tweaking it more?

when you set up a playoff it does ask you how many rounds you want it to go