SPL/SFL 2011-12 Prediction Thread

pistolped7

Reaction score
The new SPL season starts in just thirteen days, so now would be a good time to think ahead and predict how the season could go. Also, if you choose, you can tell us who you think will win leagues and cups around Europe, including next summer's EURO 2012 championships, and whether or not Scotland will be there.

You can predict anything you think will happen this year, like the way the tables will look, or who will win the major titles. Copy the templates below to do this. If you think that there will be a specific thing to happen, like an injury, sale or signing, or something else, just name it.

My Predictions:

Scottish Premier League

C - 1. Celtic - Will reach Europa League last 16
2. Rangers - Will reach Europa League group stage/last 32
3. Hearts - Will reach Europa League group stage
4. Dundee Utd - Knocked out in quals.
5. Aberdeen - Will have good cup run
6. Motherwell
7. Hibs - Will sack Colin Calderwood
8. Inverness - Will beat Celtic and/or Rangers
9. St Johnstone
10. Dunfermline - Will beat one of the OF
11. Kilmarnock
R - 12. St Mirren - Will be the whipping boys

Scottish Division 1

C - 1. Hamilton
2. Falkirk
3. Dundee
4. Partick Thistle
5. Raith Rovers
6. Queen of the South
7. Greenock Morton
8. Ross County
9. Livingston - Will win play-off and remain in 1st division
R - 10. Ayr United

Scottish Second Division

C - 1. Airdrie United
2. Stirling Albion - Will lose play-off final
3. Brechin City
4. East Fife
5. Dumbarton
6. Forfar
7. Stenhousemuir
8. Cowdenbeath
R - 9. Albion Rovers - Will lose in play-off final and get relegated
R - 10. Arbroath

Scottish Third Division

C - 1. Alloa Athletic - Will beat an SPL side in a cup
P - 2. Queen's Park - Will win play-offs and promotion
3. Peterhead
4. Clyde
5. Berwick Rangers
6. Stranraer
7. Annan Athletic
8. Montrose
9. East Stirlingshire
WS - 10. Elgin City

Trophy Winners​

SPL - Celtic /// Scottish Cup - Celtic /// CIS Cup - Rangers
SFL D1 - Hamilton Accies /// SFL D2 - Airdrie /// SFL D3 - Alloa /// SFL Challenge Cup - Partick Thistle/Falkirk

EPL - Chelsea/Man Utd /// La Liga - Barca /// Bundesliga - Bayern Munich /// Serie A - AC Milan /// Ligue 1 - PSG

Champions League - Barca /// Europa League - Liverpool/PSG /// EURO 2012 - Spain
Will Scotland qualify for EURO 2012? Yes

Any added stuff? Rangers will stutter for a month or two mid season under McCoist - Celtic will sell Izaguirre - An SPL team will go into administration - Guardiola will leave Barca - Germany will lose to Spain in EURO 2012 final - Nikica Jelavic will miss most of the season with an injury - Mourinho will leave Madrid, by his choice or Perez's - Arsenal will drop out of the EPL's top 4

SPL
Winners : Celtic
Relagation : St Mirren

Think Celtic will win the league comfortably because don't think Rangers will be anywhere the team they were last year without Walter Smith. Regarding relagation , I think it will be a 3 horse race between Killie , St Mirren and Dunfermilne with St Mirren losing out.

Premiership

Winners : Either - Man Utd , Chelsea or Man City.
Relegation : QPR , Wigan and Swansea

I think the title race will be to close to call. Also I think Arsenal are going to drop out the top 4 (hopefully not:p). I think Paul Lambert will guide his team to safety. QPR will struggle imo.

La Liga
Winners : Barca

Champions League
Winners : Real Madrid
Runners Up : Chelsea

Euro 2012
Winners : Spain or Germany

I hope Scotland will qualify but i just dont see it.

Last edited:
SPL positions
1-Rangers-Everyones writing them off already but obviousley i'm biased anyway(head does lean towards Celtic though)
"-Celtic
3-Hearts
Relegation- St Johnstone,don't think they've got a good enough squad but theres still time for that to change?
Surprise package- St mirren if they keep their new signings fit eg;Steven Thompson,Gary Teale and the youngsters perform well;Graham Carey,Paul McGowan.

Premiership
1-Chelsea-Think Villas Boas will re-invigorate them and a good Pre-Season for Torres will make them stronger than ever
2-Man Utd- Fergie(a.k.a God) will run thme close but with a lot of players retiring and all the scandals(Giggs and Ferdinand) i think it's too much for them this season
3-Liverpool-King Kenny spending big and this should see them deliver for the reds.
4-Arsenal-only if they keep Fabregas and Nasri(unlikely) other than that its Man City's place again.

Champions League
Barcelona- Best team i've ever seen in my life!

Euro 2012
Spain but watch out for a resurgant France!

Scottish Premier League

C - 1. Celtic - Will reach Europa League quarters
2. Rangers - Will finish 4th in CL group stage. - War-chest wont be opened.
3. Hearts - Will reach Europa League group stage and finish bottom.
4. Hibs - Knocked out in quals.
5. Aberdeen
6. Motherwell
7. Dundee Utd. - Knocked out in qualifying.
8. Inverness
9. St Johnstone
10. Dunfermline
11. Kilmarnock
R - 12. St Mirren

Scottish Division 1

Promoted - Falkirk
Relegated - Greennock Morton

Trophy Winners

SPL - Celtic /// Scottish Cup - Celtic /// CIS Cup - Celtic
SFL D1 - Falkirk
EPL - Man City /// La Liga - Barca /// Bundesliga - Bayern /// Serie A - AC Milan /// Ligue 1 - OL

Champions League - Chelsea/// Europa League - Sevilla /// EURO 2012 - Spain
Will Scotland qualify for EURO 2012? No.

I think as per, Celtic or Rangers will win the SPL. I'm going for Celtic; McCoist is rather inexpierenced, Lennon has had time to settle and prove his worth. I'm hoping a team does break into the Old-Firm this year, and breaks their domiance. This would make Scottish Football alot more interesting, and probably make me have a passing interested of it [Do you lot have a Scottish Football Highlight show- I'd watch, especially the Lower Leagues.] I think if anyone would do that, it would be Hearts or Dundee United.

Relegation from the SPL will be Kilmarnock. They just don't look strong-enough, where I think St Mirren will be a tiny suprise package. And I'm going Dundee for promotion to the SPL.. Certainly going to try and take more note of Scottish Football this season

Rangers to take it in a close run thing, neither side to qualify for the last 16

I think as per, Celtic or Rangers will win the SPL. I'm going for Celtic; McCoist is rather inexpierenced, Lennon has had time to settle and prove his worth. I'm hoping a team does break into the Old-Firm this year, and breaks their domiance. This would make Scottish Football alot more interesting, and probably make me have a passing interested of it [Do you lot have a Scottish Football Highlight show- I'd watch, especially the Lower Leagues.] I think if anyone would do that, it would be Hearts or Dundee United.

Relegation from the SPL will be Kilmarnock. They just don't look strong-enough, where I think St Mirren will be a tiny suprise package. And I'm going Dundee for promotion to the SPL.. Certainly going to try and take more note of Scottish Football this season

If someone does split the Old Firm , I think it will be Hearts. They done a few years ago and were close at one point this year until they lost Kevin Kyle to injury.

There is a highlight shows late mondays or tuesdays (cant remember) doesnt show lower leagues but. Also it will be on BBC Scotland !!!

Hearts have strengthened well so far and i does look like they have a chance of spliting Rangers and Celtic. Dundee have lost some good players and will lose Goodwillie so I cant see them doing that well.

Sportscene late Monday night on BBC Scotland. :D

1.Rangers (It's still basically the same side that won the double last year, and Celtic as of yet have made no major additions, though I do think both teams will before the end of the window)
2.Celtic
3.Hearts
4.Sheep.
5.Hibs
6.Motherwell/ICT
------
8.Dundee Utd
9.St Johnstone
10. Dunfermline
11. St Mirren yet again surviving by the skin of their teeth.
12. Kilmarnock, with probable financial problems to follow.

Rangers, depends on their group if we get to the CL tbh. A hard one, then maybe quarters/semi's of Europa League, an easy on then I'd be satisfied with the last 16 of CL.
Celtic, fancy a run for them to the quarters/semi's of Europa League.
Hearts, fancy them tog et through the group stages, then exit at the first knockout round.
Dundee Utd, out in qualifying :)

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Sportscene late Monday night on BBC Scotland. :D

Not entirely sure, but I think theres one on ESPN as well :)

SPL
1st Celtic-It will be close but Celtic will win last OF game to seal it
2nd Rangers-Start off well but will stutter towards the end
3rd Hearts-Look like breaking the OF but then fall awy again
4th Hibs-CC will revitalise Hibs and will make a late push for 3rd
5th Motherwell-Will be about 3rd at Christmas but then lose there good players(Humphrey,Murphy)
6th Dundee Utd -After losing there good players they will end up missing out on Europe
7th St. Mirren-Will look awful but always ****** a late equaliser or winner somehow
8th Kilmarnock-Made a lot of new signings and theyll take time to gel
9th Aberdeen-Tightened up there defence but its atack that they dont have much
10th ICT- After losing Adam Rooney they dont have a good attack
11th St. Johnstone-Signed loads of players but strikers are 1st division quality and defence is leaky
12th Dunfermline-When i saw them last year they struggled at the end.They looked tired and the SPL is more phsyical

FIRST Division

1st Dundee-Would of came 2nd(possibly first if they put a full strenth team last day)last year and have brought in good players
2nd Hamilton-Going down to the 1st is a tough step down and theyll need to get rid of high earners
3rd Partick-They will be a long way off the top 2 teams
4th Livi-Got there way back up to the 1st and have young hungry players mixid in with experience
5thQofS Good good youthies coming through and are looking to play them this year
6th Ross County-aFTER A sCOTTISH cUP FINAL 2 YEARS AGO THEY ARE STARTING TO GO DOWNHILL AS there players are gettin older
7th Falkirk-In financial dificulties they cant sign anybody ATM and are needing to play youths
8th Raith-Same as Falkirk they needed to go up last year to keep there best players
9th Morton- Will struggle again this year
10th Ayr-After being promoted they will go straight back down

Scottish Cup-Fancy a team who is outside OF (Dundee Utd,Aberdeen or Motherwell)
League Cup-Rangers(they need to win a trophy)
Challenge Cup-Dundee(a season of glory awaits if they play well)
Euro 2012-Scotland may make play off but need to win every game and draw with spain

Queen of the South to win first division, scottish cup, league cup and challenge cup :wub:

Oh, and Celtic to win SPL.

Rangers will win the League if they seal Carlos Cuellar and Kenny Miller deals.
Rangers will qualify for Europa League. Celtic won't.
Celtic will do cup-double.

Hearts to win the league. Heard it here first.

SPL
1st
Rangers by 10pts
2nd Hearts pipping the tic by 1 pts
3rd Celtic

Scottish Cup
Rangers

League Cup
Hearts or Dundee utd

1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Hearts
4. Hibs
5. Dundee United
6. Motherwell
7. Aberdeen
8. Inverness
9. St Johnstone
10. St Mirren
11. Dunfermline
12. Kilmarnock

League Cup: Hearts
Scottish Cup: Celtic

Div 1: Livingston

ALBA Cup: Ross County​

C'mon Hibs!!! Sunshine on Leith
rangers will win it though as much as it pains me to say it :(
oh and random 3rd division sides to win me a load of money on my accumalator!

i think that Celtic will win the SPL as McCoist does not have the experience that Lennon has in the SPL and just because Smith 'tutored' him doesnt mean that he will be like him and i think celtic will bring in the keeper that played against Cardiff and with another striker maybe huseklepp for Bari i think i title will be ours agains :D <3