SPL Team Of The Season

ANT101

Reaction score
since they don't bother with a team of the year, like their English counterparts, we should offer our selection...

My Team:

GK: C. Gordon

DL: S. Smith
DC: A. Webster
DC: S. Pressley
DR: K. McNaughton

ML: R. Skacel
MC: P. Hartley
MC: N. Lennon
MR: C. Burke

SC: K. Boyd
SC: S. Maloney

very Scottish.

S1: R. Waterreus
S2: S. McManus
S3: S. Nakamura
S4: B. Ferguson
S6: D. Riordan
S7: D. Prso

Still alot of good players left out.

GK: Gordon

DL:Wilson
DR:Whittaker
DC:Webster
DC:McManus

ML:Maloney
MC:Lennon
MC:Hartley
MR:Burke

SC: Zurawski
SC: Hartson

You cant put Zurawski and Hartson upfront when Boyd has played as well as he has all season.

GK: Gordon

DL:Wilson
DR:Neilson
DC:Webster
DC:pressley

ML:Skacel
MC:K.Thompson
MC:Hartley
MR:Burke

SC: Boyd
SC: Dargo

Subs:

S1:Boruc
S2:McManus
S3:Whittaker
S4:petrov
S5:Severin
S6:Riorden
S7:Hartson

Yes someone put Dargo. Finally some recognition for him. Its like no-ones noticed he's joint 2nd top goalscorer in the SPL and he's not playing for the old firm.

clackerbag said:
You cant put Zurawski and Hartson upfront when Boyd has played as well as he has all season.

Ive seen Boyd play twice, hes been awful both times.

I dont think he can cut it, at th emoment anyway anywhere above non OF SPL teams

he's a natural finisher and poaches goals from the penalty box, which is a good extra to have in a team.

Saying that, he does not do anything for the general gameplay, and basically the only thing he does is score goals.

We have guys like Burke, Prso and Buffel who can play football and do things on the ball.. Boyd stays in and around the box so he can score goals.

If you make him work more for the team, you'd probably get less goals.

clackerbag said:
Yes someone put Dargo. Finally some recognition for him. Its like no-ones noticed he's joint 2nd top goalscorer in the SPL and he's not playing for the old firm.

Dargo has had a good season, scored 18 goals I think & I would also say Mark Brown has also had a good 1.

also congats on a really good season. you guys have done really well finishing on 58 points. everyone talking about how good a season Hibs, Aberdeen and Killie have had but you could have easily finished 4th ahead of them all!

4.Hibs 56
5.Aberdeen 53
6.Kille 52
7.ICT 58

what a joke, the split has gotta be droped

Last edited:
I think we shoudl keep the split but mae it so the teams who are in the bottom 6 when the split occurs just plaay each other but if a team i nthe bottom 6 gets more than a team i nthe top 6 they move inthat pos

clackerbag said:

I have always liked Dargo when he was at Raith Rovers n all didnt get a chance at Kilmarnock but..doing really well with Caley

ANT101 said:
also congats on a really good season. you guys have done really well finishing on 58 points. everyone talking about how good a season Hibs, Aberdeen and Killie have had but you could have easily finished 4th ahead of them all!

our season has been ***** since november but the last 5 games in the split ict hav played the **** teams (livi, dunfermline etc) so 2 say tht they should have finished ahead of us, killie and aberdeen is *****

Yea the split is so **** i hate it so much. Infact i hate the SFA It's run by twats who know **** all. We need a 20 team league. it makes sence you know more income for smaller clubs and will make the league more interesting which will bring in more money and soon enough better players.

I hate the split aswell, its stupid. Its just another way to get old firm matches on tv to generate revenue. Its two years running that we were pipped to a top six place coming down to the final day. Next season we should be pushing for top six yet again.

Kris said:
Yea the split is so **** i hate it so much. Infact i hate the SFA It's run by twats who know **** all. We need a 20 team league. it makes sence you know more income for smaller clubs and will make the league more interesting which will bring in more money and soon enough better players.

I agree, u got it spot on.

Mikey B said:
our season has been ***** since november but the last 5 games in the split ict hav played the **** teams (livi, dunfermline etc) so 2 say tht they should have finished ahead of us, killie and aberdeen is *****

Aye, I see ur point. Still ICT have had a good season.