box2box

Reaction score
So, let me say first off I like the idea of having a split locker room over certain issues, with people taking sides. I think it's pretty realistic. I have to say what happened to me however, would never happen in real life. So this is a bit of raging, but I'm also seeking advice.

Second season with Chelsea (my first FM game is usually Chelsea before I switch to more nuanced challenges) and I'm rolling along. I did a league/UCL double in my first season and everyone is super happy.

After the second transfer window I've locked up De Sciglio as a backup to Azpi or starter if I want to play Azpi on the left.

So I sold Kenneth Omeruo. I like Omeruo IRL but he was never going to make my squad and no amount of loan spells were going to catapult him to anything better than 3rd choice RB. So I sold while he was still worth something.

Here's the fun part! Apparently, Diego Costa is best buddies with Kenneth Omeruo. A kid that has been on loan the entire time Costa has been at Chelsea. He was crazy upset that I sold him.... Yes, in my world, Costa and Omeruo are, for some reason, bosom buddies.

If this was from selling Fabregas, Felipe Luis, etc., this would be much more reasonable and believable as a game mechanic.

As it stands it ****** me off so much I just went and started a PSV career (which is crazy fun btw).

I recently went back and played 4 or 5 games with my Chelsea team. Everyone in my squad is superb or almost superb morale except for: Willian, Costa (who also demands to be sold now), Luke Shaw and Phil Jones (yes i know, gotta get my HGs somewhere...). And they seem to be permanently poor or very poor morale.

So what's the deal? Will this work itself out? I can't even talk to Costa, no option. All because of Omeruo.

So any tips on dealing with this dressing room, and/or keeping Costa from wanting to leave?

(I'm actually considering benching him for Paco Alcacer until he voices his concerns over first team soccer, then playing him again, hoping that concern will "overwrite" his other concern. Is that insane?)

my advice is that you just agree with watever these **** player want, theres not point in tryna impose an iron fist in this years game as they act like a squad of balotellis. otherwise youll have a mutiny on your hands

Agreed, I feel more neutered in this year's game than 2014. Just keep on winning and sometimes you can get them back that way.

This year players are a bunch of primadonnas.. they complain about pretty much everything

thanks guys, glad i'm not the only who finds this type of situation a bit ridiculous. only thing is with Costa, he won't even *talk* to me.

I'm just going to Malouda his *** to the reserves until the winter window I guess.

I completely disagree with the advice of bending over for the players.

I've had lots of revolts during my time, Sturridge for example was furious that I let Jordon Ibe go, and all the Spanish players were raging when I didn't offer Suso a new contract just because he asked for one. There is no point in dropping the soap every time a player blinks his eye at you, if that's your answer then you might as well play FIFA. I've never had to sell a player because he's unhappy. No one does. It's just make-believe, don't fall for it. Use the hairdryer and kick a shoe in his face. Stand your ground.

I've had lots of revolts during my time, Sturridge for example was furious that I let Jordon Ibe go, and all the Spanish players were raging when I didn't offer Suso a new contract just because he asked for one. There is no point in dropping the soap every time a player blinks his eye at you, if that's your answer then you might as well play FIFA. I've never had to sell a player because he's unhappy. No one does. It's just make-believe, don't fall for it. Use the hairdryer and kick a shoe in his face. Stand your ground.

THIS! All other advice in this thread is just ridiculous!

So far players have been mostly docile - with a S04 and PSV game I had to make a lot of promises to keep players happy at the club and fend off suitors, but that's been the extent of my problems outside of this one.

It's just this particular situation. Like I said, 4 or 5 players unhappy - under their info they all "Agree" with Costa that I shouldn't have sold Omeruo, and Costa won't talk at all. So again, putting aside the raging unlikelihood of this in real life:

Do you guys who take a more stern approach have any advice with this particular issue? Is there some new mechanic for getting everyone to drop this? Maybe a "Talk to Squad" option? I'm at work at the moment but I haven't tried that; I suppose I will when I get home.

But omg "I stand by what I said" - there has to be some option to physically attack the player.

THIS! All other advice in this thread is just ridiculous!

Um - had a dressing room revolt the day before Champions League Final (Lucas Romero was upset that in July, the previous year, I refused to sell him to PSG).

Managed to calm everyone, except for him and about 4 players, down - they went to Very Poor morale. Think I said something like 'for the best of the team'.

Had to drop them for the final - all first team players. Managed a lucky win.

Reloaded save to see effect of different responses, no matter what I tried (aggressive, apologies) those players kept losing their ****.

Romero was on Abysmal morale, choice was to let him rot in reserves and have others players unhappy or sell him.

Sold him - other players forgot about it and became happy.

My god players are soooo annoyng this year! All whiny *******, complaining for the stupidest reasons.
Definitely not realistic, sorry SI.

Its annoying but there is no one way to deal with it. You have to take into account the players' personality, your attributes like man management (which will affect how they respond) and the situation.
If you tell them to shove it every single time, with a player with an attitude, when you're clearly in the wrong (e.g not kept a clear promise) then you're not going to be successful.
I've found, after really struggling to get to grips with the system, that you have to treat every situation different. Not just be mr nice guy or the no **** guy every time.

ive tried this before you know it the entire squad has abysmal or very poor morale, and you can win a game for jack ****, it then becomes a never ending cycle were they then complain were underachieving or some bullshit. trust me iron fist is not worth it.

You be the ****** boss!

You should NEVER sell players unless YOU want and unless you have somebody better (and cheaper) lined up to replace.

If you tell the squad that what you do is for the good of the team you ll calm a few down. Keep rotating giving people games and soon they calm down.