Split Scarfs

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
Due to the thread of "Glory Supporters" The topic of wearing split scarves came up (To save that thread going off topic I decided to create this)

Obviously there are split scarves people would wear but we were speaking generally about Split scarves of your rival teams and would you wear it ? Eg:

Man Utd-Man City
Rangers-Celtic
Villa-Birmingham
Chelsea-Spurs
Arsenal-West Ham

And so on... you get the drift, the question is would you buy/wear one ?

I used to buy ones for Champions League games, but I wouldn't buy one that was half blue and half green, saw some Rangers supporters with them at the last Old Firm game and they're just horrible to look at.

I used to buy ones for Champions League games, but I wouldn't buy one that was half blue and half green, saw some Rangers supporters with them at the last Old Firm game and they're just horrible to look at.

Yeah obviously there are different ones you would buy, LIke I have a Rangers-NI one a rangers-Boro one and a Rangers-united one. Wouldn't get a half Us half them one though.

But the point I made aswell as a reason to buying them would buy, Not really supporters of the club more of they like it or theyre not really into football much etc, Buy them as memorys to say their first game at Ibrox, OT or wherever they are.

Posted it in the other thread, but here's an example of what we're talking about:

bluesvillascarf.jpg

VMed it to mfage a while ago and he was horrified. :p Honestly, can't see either set of fans wearing something like this unless it's a very, VERY special occasion, something like a tragedy that affected both clubs.

Yes I would buy one but not to wear. I would buy one as a commemorative item so I will have a memory of the game.

I have a Rovers - City one. From 2007 JPT Souther final!

I don'e ever wear it, I just brought it for the occasion!

Think I made my opinion quite clear in the other thread. I would never buy any thing and wear that had a City badge on it.

Think I made my opinion quite clear in the other thread. I would never buy any thing and wear that had a City badge on it.

Take it you have the same opinion on Liverpool and Leeds aswell mate yeah ?

I'd only buy a split scarf for a big game (ie a semi/final of a significant tournament) to commemorate the occasion, not for a rival match which happens twice a year most years. Wouldn't wear it though, **** scarves.

Last edited:
I don't see the problem with them, i don't think many people actually wear them tbh anyway.

Take it you have the same opinion on Liverpool and Leeds aswell mate yeah ?

Certainly.

I suppose as I have a season ticket I don't really need souvenirs but I just find it shocking that anyone can wear something with one of our rival's badges on it. Seriously makes me rage.

Certainly.

I suppose as I have a season ticket I don't really need souvenirs but I just find it shocking that anyone can wear something with one of our rival's badges on it. Seriously makes me rage.

Yeah true, Just got to remember that some fans aren;t into football as much and aren't as big fans either though :p

****, no. Under no circumstances. I don't care if it's the Champions League final and the dates written on it in diamond and gold.

I had a Scotland/Ireland one from a friendly I went to, had "friends across the water" on it
Also had a Celtic/Liverpool one from the uefa cup tie. Had you'll never walk alone across it

The question is though would you buy a Celtic/Rangers one ? or even a Scotland/England one -

Thats quite a different one, would you buy a Scotland-England one ?

Never would I wear anything celtc. Don't buy into the half and half scarf pish, only one team for me.

I think I would buy a Scotland/England one tbh due to the fact the games hardly ever happen. Only a competitive game if it ever came up though because personally I think that really is a once in a blue moon opportunity.