Sport Lisboa e Benfica - A Bootroom way

jukilo

Reaction score
Hi there!

Since there so few stories with Portuguese clubs, and the ones are with Porto, I'll start one with my beloved club. As the title says I'll try to manage with an approach based on that famous one.

The goals will be many:
  • Break the hegemony of Porto, and win many domestic titles as possible. This is the main goal. Europe isn't priority in this phase.
  • In 3/4 seasons, have only 3 foreign players in the squad and from there be competitive.
More update later as I won't be at home. Hope you guys be interested with this idea.

Hi again! As I previously said, I'll try to bring success to my beloved club. In the last years, We've been constantly exceeded by Porto with some stupid mistakes in the middle. I'll try to win and use Portuguese players. This is one of many things that I want to change, since we have a reasonable youth system.
The approach will be based on the famous Boot Room. Pushing the lads to play at maximum for the supporters but always rewarding them when they play nice. Always favor the team spirit! Since they're Portuguese it will be much more easy.
With this said, let's see what tactic We'll use, the ins and out's, etc.

Squad and tactic

View attachment 310604

So, this we'll be my team. Only miss Lima. I think that this is a pretty well balanced squad, with some obvious limitations due to the fact that I want more Portuguese people on my team. I'll use this tactic because, in my opinion, favors the teamwork and mutual help. And that is what I want. A strong team based on team cohesion and players capable to do that. This will require time of course. But, by now, this is our team.

Transfers

View attachment 310605

So, this are my ins and out's. There are obviously some arguable players sold but it was to fit in my policy on have a squad with more Portuguese lads. Another point is that we've made a nice profit with sells and that maybe useful in the future.

Fixtures

View attachment 310606

This is my fixtures since now.
A good home draw with Porto. I know that's a rival but with a team in growth process I guess that this a fine result. I was pleased with my team reaction after being 1 nil down.
Two good and simple victories after that. The lads are playing some good footie and helped each other to perform better and better.
At this moment I have to be satisfied with our performance. Let's hope that this continue in this way!
The CL draw put us in a group with Ludogorets, Chelsea and Fenerbahçe. I think this is "passable"...

Cheers lads. Let me know what are your thoughts.

I can't quite understand your sales except Aimar, how the **** did you get 10M for him though.. I tend to sell Luisao and Maxi after one season and I normally get 12-15M though. Also, you overpaid, a LOT o_O

Yeah, indeed. That's just one part of the game that I don't know that much. I just can't buy players with few money :s

As I said, in a "normal" save, I just don't sell some of the players and others I simple don't like them. This was just due with the purpose of the save. It's not the best team that I've had but this is for the purpose of the save. But I understand your point ;)

Yeah I noticed it's because of a portuguese renewal of the squad aye, I just think you could have waited one season and then proceeded with the "revolution" since it doesn't quite work well this way, because you are implementing your tactics and bringing players that are not accostumed to the team, but I catch your drift, good luck.

Yeah, indeed. That's just one part of the game that I don't know that much. I just can't buy players with few money :s

As I said, in a "normal" save, I just don't sell some of the players and others I simple don't like them. This was just due with the purpose of the save. It's not the best team that I've had but this is for the purpose of the save. But I understand your point ;)

View attachment 310691

So, this are my games from September. Very nice results, as you can see.
In the two first games, perhaps due to some inexperience, we almost lost valuable points. Happily we've managed to grab the wins and that's what counts in this early stages of my project!
The game with Sporting, the lads were brilliant! An absolute magnificent performance by Rodrigo (3 goals and 1 assist), gives us this tremendous win.
The other two wins were very easy. The only defeat was with Chelsea, an expectable one. Hope that we can manage to win them at our place :)
I've managed also to bring 3 more young Portuguese lads from the junior teams. My scouts recommended them to me.
So, summarizing, the boys are performing very well, above my expectations. Let's see what brings the upcoming matches! :)
Cheers guys
If you wanna any more screenies just tell me.

View attachment 311032

Hi guys!

View attachment 311016

This are my recently played games.
Some good secure victories that I like and some good performances (1-0, 2-0, etc). The loss at Porto for the Portuguese cup was a terrible performance and we tottaly deserved that. It's a pity, because it was a competition that I have some ambitions. We'll try again in the next year.
In the CL, I think that the inexperience cost us the early exit from that competition. With Chelsea at home we've managed to score 1-0 but unfortunately we didn't manage to secure that advantage. We'll play in the Europe League against Atletico Madrid. Not sure if I'll play in "full mode". We'll see since the league is clearly our priority.
Finally, we easily passed our group in Portuguese League Cup. It's a competition that I want to win to approach Porto in number of titles.

Here's the classification at the end of the first half of the league:

View attachment 311031

Cheers guys. Let me know what you think about this. And, of course, if You want some screenies just say..
Come on Benfica!