Reaction score
Sporting CP
I started a Sporting CP game last night, Im 12 games in and only lost 2. 1 to Academica (Not sure on name) and a 1-0 loss against Man Utd in CL. I need players but i only had a small budget which i raised to £3m and brought Sergiy Kryvtsov for the first time as he seems to be a name popping up all the time. The transfer budget has now all gone, I can re-budget to £300k but whats £300k. I need to sell players in order to buy. Who do i sell ? Who do i buy? I want to concentrate on youth whilst being currently decent as well, Continuing the Sporting CP tradition. So a youth production line which i can benefit from and then make profit from.

Im on 10.3 patch

Here is my team:

Rui Patricio: Alrite getting-on-a-bit keeper but i definately need a young prospect!

Joao Periera: Decent right-back as is Caneira but these are 2 players i wouldnt mind selling to generate some capital.

Leandro Grimi: Excellent prospect, I like him and i brought him to Tottenham before, Gregory the other left back is ok but Gregory i wouldnt mind selling either but id need a full-back in as id be selling 3 of them.

Anderson Polga + Tonel: Decent center-halves, I plan on keeping them for a couple more seasons yet.

Kyrvtsov + Carrico: Really bright futures, Theyll take over from Polga and Tonel, Id probably bring in Otamendi as well so DC area is sound.

Joao Moutinho: Should i sell him, Id want a Winger and a replacement so suggestions for this would be really welcome. Id expect £20m+ for him.

Pedro Mendes: I love him! Former Spurs player but DM position i need some for future and Adrien has that spot but id like 1 more.

Miguel Veloso: What an outstanding player! Im sure bids would role in should i sell him he'd be another £20m+ sale but i like him and would like to keep him for a while yet.

Matias Fernandez: I really need an AM, Matias isnt really a great player i dont think. Verratti has gone Juventus (Already tried bringing him in:D) I dont mind young or ageing or veteran for this position as long as he brings goals. Would sell him and/or Vukcevic cause theyre both as boring as each other.

Liedson: Suppose to be a big name and im probably playing him wrong but id rather sell him to bring in some fresh faces. Along with Postiga even though hes ex Spurs.

Yannick Djalo: MUCH LOVE FOR DJALO. I want to see what hes like 3/4/5 years on in the game so im not planning on selling him. Sinama Pongolle is a fairly new recruit at Sporting so ill give him a chance at the moment, afterall he has put in some good performances so he could burst into goals soon.(Wishful thinking most like)

Pierinha + Izmailov: Both the only sort of wingers i have. Pierinha has potential to be very good player. Havnt seen Izmailov yet cause hes been out injured.

Goalkeepers: Tiago and Batista are just back-ups, I could sell them but i might as well just keep them around.

So Sales could be: Pereira, Caneira, Gregory, Moutinho?, Fernandez, Vukcevic, Postiga.
Looking for: £15m or possibly £30m if i sell Moutinho but im undecided weither to or not.

Potential new signings: ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Thanks for suggestions in advance guys!

Last edited:
Well ive been with sporting for 5 seasons straight now, Liedson has scored over 50 goals per season in the last to and Yannick scored 46 last season and 51 this, Keep them both, Liedson will also want to become part of your coaching staff near the end of his career. Perierinha and Izmailoz are also very very good players along with Vukcevic, i kept them but ended up selling Izmailov 3th season because him and Perierinha hated each other. Matias makes an excellent super sub but you probably could sell him. you could sell caniera and abel since they are not likely to improve. Definitely sell Postiga, and gregory. You could get between 8 - 12 million for Vukcevic but i suggest keeping him. I have also one the EC, the ECC, 5 Portuguese cups, 5 Portuguese league titles, and 4 Portuguese League Cups.

dont sell vukcevic! he bangs them in and gets loads of assists! and i wouldnt sell moutinho, who else is gunna bring in some creativity and assists? veloso = demi-god. liedson is good too and selling him wont bring in any cash worthy of how good he is due to his age..

dont sell vukcevic! he bangs them in and gets loads of assists! and i wouldnt sell moutinho, who else is gunna bring in some creativity and assists? veloso = demi-god. liedson is good too and selling him wont bring in any cash worthy of how good he is due to his age..

Vukcevic scored the 1 and only goal in a League Cup final for me against Porto so i won a trophy because of him (H) so i think ill keep him this year. Matias im getting to like now. Moutinho and Veloso are quality, Unless a really good offer comes in im keeping them. Liedson, Yannick and Pongolle all scored 20+ goals last season :D I came 2nd in Liga Sagres and got to final of Portuguese FA Cup but lost 2-1 :(.

Summary:
Liga Sagres - 2nd
League Cup - Winners
FA Cup - Runners-Up
Champions League - 1st Knock-Out Round

I need some suggestions on RIGHT BACKS? YOUNG GOALKEEPERS, WINGERS AND STRIKERS?

My Budget is £9m. Suggestions will be much appriciated :p

Vincent Enyeama for GK, cheap and good, however he isn't very young, but Rui Patricio is young himself. For striker, try Lacina Traore. Can't think of any right back or winger, sorry.

Patricio is only 21/22 i swear..? Guilhermo Ochoa is a quality keeper for like £5m....theres silvio lung jr who can turn into a good keeper...Cristian Ansaldi is decent right back, and natural left back as well which is always good to have....Vaclav Kadlec and diego suarez sometimes turn into amazing strikers....all will be less than £7m and would love to go to sporting....what do you need a winger for with that formation? or are you planning to change things? .....and unless you get a ridiculous offer, don't sell veloso or moutinho...

Rui Patrício is hardly getting on a bit; hes 22 !

LOL i am sorry boys. I saw his picture and just thought he was 30 odd. In fact he is only 22. Goalkeeper doesnt matter then. Ive got Ricardo Batista as well so thats ok. Id love to get Ochoa though or Enyeama. Ill check out Lung Jnr, Ansaldi, Kadlec and Suarez. Thank you for suggestions. Season 2 im hopeing to retain League Cup and win Liga Sagres. Another final in FA Cup as well, Hopefully winning it. Champions League isnt my prioity as i stand little chances against the English clubs? + Barca.

Ive signed Milevskiy and Tafer amazingly. Milevskiy was 5.25m and Tafer was £4m + Pongolle. I got Riquelme for AMC and Carlos Cardoso (Regen) for Academy.

GK -
Vincent Enyeama(Israel) is good, less than 500k
DL - Florin Soava(Free) is brilliant stand-in
DR - Dodo(Corinthians) is well worth a look
AMC - Milan Badelj(Dinamo) is awesome.
Tomas Horava(Sigma Olomuc) is quality aswell

ST -
Christian Vieri(FREE) would give you some solid backup
Tafer(Lyon) on loan

this is off topic slightly but.. i always used to buy silviu lung jr as my back up future star gk but on the latest patch i cant seem to find him? just me and my fm or is he just not there..? also tafer is a good buy and out of the strikers you already have you were right to get rid of pongolle.

milevskyi is the king of fm10

GK -
Vincent Enyeama(Israel) is good, less than 500k
DL - Florin Soava(Free) is brilliant stand-in
DR - Dodo(Corinthians) is well worth a look
AMC - Milan Badelj(Dinamo) is awesome.
Tomas Horava(Sigma Olomuc) is quality aswell

ST -
Christian Vieri(FREE) would give you some solid backup
Tafer(Lyon) on loan

Sound advice mate. Not heard of Horava, from Sigma must be a fairly cheap buy so ill take a look and Badelj. Sorava as well in fact. Think im definately going to get Vieri if hes a freebie still. Thanks.

this is off topic slightly but.. i always used to buy silviu lung jr as my back up future star gk but on the latest patch i cant seem to find him? just me and my fm or is he just not there..? also tafer is a good buy and out of the strikers you already have you were right to get rid of pongolle.

milevskyi is the king of fm10

Just had a pre-season tour of Japan and i didnt look very strong at all which is strange but i won 2-1, 2-0 and 2-0 so not too bad. 4-3-1-2 is a completely dominant formation but im not sure if it gets the most out of my AMC's. Riquelme has arrived injured until the season starts. CL drawn me against Choromerets of Ukraine so i should win them but Liga Sagres start is Liera (came 4th last season) tough game. then Benfica (derby) then Academica (bodey team) + i have Portuguese Super Cup game against Porto. Tough tough start.

Pre-Season game left ... Santa Clara and Vit Setugal both in Liga Vitalis (2nd division in Portugal)

Im hoping for another buy or 2 before season gets underway. And hoping Milevskyi, Tafer, Djalo and Liedson all get 20 goals. There my targets for my strikers.

Rui Patricio: Alrite getting-on-a-bit keeper but i definately need a young prospect!
hahahhaahaa :) post of the day, most definately, dude he is a youngster in any terms especially in gk terms :p

on a serious note, search for my Recommendation list, there are some good players there

hahahhaahaa :) post of the day, most definately, dude he is a youngster in any terms especially in gk terms :p

on a serious note, search for my Recommendation list, there are some good players there

Lol, But though, If you look at his picture like i did then he does look 30+. I didnt double check the age before i posted that. <) My top scout Oliver Bierhoff has packed his bags and left for ****** Liverpool so im left with 1 continental and 3 other average scouts. Got a few reports to look through from the African Nations last year still.

I'll search Reccomendation list too. Cheers Raikan

I know a few good keepers : Tim Krul - Newcastle,Vincent Enyeama(Real madrid always bid though), Ross Turnbull - Chelsea.

Baba from Maritmo
I had him when I managed sporting

Baba ......................... Liedson
Best Partnership

Baba from Maritmo
I had him when I managed sporting

Baba ......................... Liedson
Best Partnership

Milevskyi is out for 6-9 months :( so i think i'll need another striker. In january but im only in October. Got a right struggle on now so i might got 4-5-1/4-3-3. I might even grab an uncontracted striker from the free-list. Difficult times.

Ive had a dodgy start to the season. Lost 2-1 to Porto in Super Cup.
Lost to Besiktas in play-off qualifier after Chornomorets, but i still won by a goal.
Drew against newly promoted Estoril.

I'll send my scouts to Baba, Cheers mate!

Good luck
I had a shakey start in my second season !

GK - Rui Patricio (No.1 keeper)
GK - Vladimir Stojkovic (great keeper)
GK - Ricardo Batista (young prospect)

DR - Joao Pereira (decent player but poor stamina and cant string 5 games together of form)
DR - Caneira (rubbish)

DL - Leandro Grimi (Great young left-back)
DL - Ronny (rotation for Grimi, good cover)

DC - Sergiy Kryvtsov (Strongest CB)
DC - Daniel Carrico (2nd best DC, Complacent and im looking to sell for around £8m)
DC - Anderson Polga (good cover)
DC - Tonel (goalscoring defender, good rotational)

DM - Miguel Veloso (outstanding)
DM - Pedro Mendes (rotational, got to love Mendes)
DM - Adrien (cover, rotational, big prospect)

MC - Joao Moutinho (outstanding)
MC - Matias Fernandes (outstanding, rotational player)
MC - Juan Roman Riquelme (outstanding)

AMR - Mame Biram Diouf (on loan - love this guy, probably wont buy permanent though)
AMR - Pierinha (not sure on spelling but great prospect, rotational)

AML - Marat Izmailov (Russian, say no more, Works hard and performs fantastically)
AML - Luc Castaignos (Not impressing me at all)

ST - Yannick Djalo (boss man)
ST - Liedson (ageing striker, top class though)
ST - Yannis Tafer (Bargain, £4m + Pongolle,expecting a big return should i sell,next 5 years)
ST - Artem Milevskyi (injured all season, only apps - 4( 1 ) gls - 1)

Currently im 3rd in Liga Sagres, not likely finishing any higher
League Cup - Semi Final (lost to Porto, suprise, suprise)
FA Cup - Semi Final (due to play Braga over 2 legs)
Champions League - Draw not made yet ... just beat Inter 2-2 (away goal win) in 1st k-o round.

Since ive changed from 4-3-1-2 to 4-5-1 ive exploded with goals going from 10/15 goals off Porto to 10/15 ahead of Porto in goal table.
I think from now on im going to bring in big name signings for each required position. I was thinking Guilherme Ochoa for in goal. Cesare Azpilicueta for DR. Midfield Center and Wingers though i have no idea who to get. Mario Balotelli maybe? Stevan Jovetic? Toni Kroos?

3rd Season is really going to have to be special cause 3rd in Liga Sagres isnt good enough, I need/want to win it. Porto are ruling and they only have ... Hulk. Thats it really and solid defence (Bruno Alves/Heilton)

Now im asking for your advice on how i could strengthen this team?
Any ideas of players i could buy?
Formation advice? possession based, controlling formation which allows my creative players to shine.