Sporting fans start fire at Estadio da Luz (Benfica's stadium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deslandes

Reaction score
At the end of the Lisbon derby between Benfica and Sporting, at Estadio da Luz, tonight, and which score was 1-0 to Benfica (42' Javi Garcia), Sporting fans started litting chairs on fire. However, this fire spread quickly and even threatened the stadium structures. Luckily, it was dominated by the firefighters.

Vídeo: Fogo nas bancadas da Luz - Maisfutebol.iol.pt

i wholeheartedly support this fire.
Benfica's board decided to put sporting fans in a cage, the first time this was done in over 100 years of rivalry. It was a lack of respect, and thats why they set the stadium on fire. had the net not have been there, im pretty sure it wouldn't have happened.

OH. MY . GOD At Halbard's post.

A cage? Like Barcelona and Real often use? Just the two biggest clubs in the world.

Probably the net caused them to lose :(

i wholeheartedly support this fire.
Benfica's board decided to put sporting fans in a cage, the first time this was done in over 100 years of rivalry. It was a lack of respect, and thats why they set the stadium on fire. had the net not have been there, im pretty sure it wouldn't have happened.

Oh sure, it's cool when made by your team's supporters, had it been otherwise you'd have been here ******** about benfica's hooligans. The "cage" is miles better than a pit.

This is nothing but an embarassement for portuguese football, and an embarassement for Sporting. We are not 3rd world, we know football fans can behave like savages, but we have to keep that away from home, let's hope the league does something RELEVANT about this.

sporting has to pay for the damage nuff said. and lol at Halbrad. rival fans talking with no brains, and thats him.

pó caralho, lampiões de merda. mais uma vez ganham com uma caga do outro mundo.

Placing people in a cage, thats savage.
And need i remind you that back in 1996, a benfica supporter KILLED a sporting supporter with a flare gun?

Too bad that piece of **** stadium didnt burn entirely to the ground.

And need i remind you that back in 1996, a benfica supporter KILLED a sporting supporter with a flare gun?

And need I remind you the two incident's are not related, nor does it give an excuse to potentially harm may more people, including yourown fans. You just seem like a deluded, bitter and moronic fan.

Get your head out of your *** and understand what they did. And incase you didn't know, the 'cage' is used around Europe ad in S.America.

Last edited:

gfus brainless fan. ! it just makes it a disgrace to Portuguese football.

Ive heard some stupid things in my life, but halbard you top it for the most retarded thought process ever. People could have been killed. That isnt support that is utter stupidity, and only a cretin would support that.

There is no justification for this, he's trying to justify the what can't be justified, and it is somewhat ironic that their vice-president said the conditions were pre-historic, saying that their fans are good people that were locked inside the cage.

Well I imagine if they weren't good people... And by setting a fire because of the "cage" made of net, they proved they are animals.

But I should add, what we see here is blind hate against Benfica, very common here, I honestly pity people who get happier when we lose (btw, only undefeated them that is in european competitions, no losses in any comp.) , than when they win.

Last edited:
There is no justification for this, he's trying to justify the what can't be justified, and it is somewhat ironic that their vice-president said the conditions were pre-historic, saying that their fans are good people that were locked inside the cage.

Well I imagine if they weren't good people... And by setting a fire because of the "cage" made of net, they proved they are animals.

But I should add, what we see here is blind hate against Benfica, very common here, I honestly pity people who get happier when we lose (btw, only undefeated them that is in european competitions, no losses in any comp.) , than when they win.

This goes beyond any rivalry, i would be appauled by any united fan who did this to city or liverpool. Im not bothered about who is bitter about who (fans are by large very tribal), but to justify putting peoples lives in danger makes that person a complete fool,they are not fans, they are thugs

I was in a cage at a Fiorentina v Roma game about 10 years ago, was quite helpful as we would have probably been hit with all the stuff they were throwing.

Pretty stupid setting fire to the stadium, hopefully they find out the fans that did it and give them life bans, and also make Sporting play some 'behind closed doors' games.

The problem is, there are these minorities, that prevent average families from going to the games, because they do not feel safe.
these gorillas unfortunately exist in many many countries, but here, seems that the League isn't too bothered about that, or else there would have been real and serious sanctions.

I was in a cage at a Fiorentina v Roma game about 10 years ago, was quite helpful as we would have probably been hit with all the stuff they were throwing.

Pretty stupid setting fire to the stadium, hopefully they find out the fans that did it and give them life bans, and also make Sporting play some 'behind closed doors' games.

In some press news, it says that the only thing that they will pay, is the damage made to the stadium, and a fine in the value of 2500€.

Unfortunately, I'm not suprised by this, it's Portugal.

I am not an Benfica or Sporting fan but if any of these two clubs fans come to Estádio do Dragão and set it on fire I wouldn't like it and in Portugal there is an provérbio ( go to google and translate as i don't know how to say it in English :p) "Não faças aos outros aquilo que não queres que te façam a ti" Don't make to the others what you don't want to you

But please don't make Portuguese Football look bad

lets not start slagging off all lisbon fans for the sake of a few

Status
Not open for further replies.