philliar

Reaction score
SPURRED ON

View attachment 292606

AVB Sacked! Phillips takes charge!

AVB has stepped down as manager of Spurs due to health problems. In a statement released late last night he declared, 'I have resigned due to heart problems. I wish the club luck for the future and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.'

Levy appointed A. Phillips, a relatively unknown manager this morning as he felt he had lots of ambition.

A.Phillips released a statement this morning stating, 'I can't wait to meet the players. I have supported Spurs all my life and I am overjoyed to take control of such a famous club.'

Cheers mate!

I've started a Spurs story too lol. Didn't see yours.
I'll follow yours of course! Feel free to see mine :)

View attachment 292771

AIMS:

Mount A Good Title Challenge
Win at least one of the FA, Capital One, or Euro Cup
Hold Onto Bale

A.Phillips released a statement this afternoon outlining his aims and transfer targets for the season, 'I would very much like to be at the top of the table come May, however to do this the squad must be strengthened considerably. I am looking to strengthen the attack and the midfield. Perhaps some youngsters will be bought to add some depth to the squad. I would also like to win a cup as Spurs have gone too long without cup glory. I will mainly be using youngsters in the cup competitions though to give them some first team experience. Finally, keeping hold of Bale is my number one priority as i plan for him to be a key part of my Spurs side.'

Preseason And Transfers

View attachment 292772

I let my assistant manager handle friendlies, and overall we did well apart from the last game.

View attachment 292773

There were some big signings for spurs especially in the midfield area. I will be looking to fellaini to act as a deep lying playmaker. Gundogan and isco will rotate for the position of AMC. Meanwhile Jovetic will start as striker for me now. I also signed Johan Cruyff as my assistant manager.​

Looking forward to the series mate,what are you going to do with Siggurdsson and Dempsey as well?

How do you intend to play (tactics)? Nice signings you've made :)

Tactics And Starting 11 When Fit

View attachment 293182View attachment 293183

I decided to opt for bale on the right so he can cut in and jovetic on the left for the same reason. I swap round the team for all the cup competitions and give starts to caulker, sigurdsson and willems.

August And September

West Ham 1-2 Spurs (isco x2)

The season kicked off with a rival win. Isco scored a brace on his debut to set up his spurs career.

Spurs 3-2 Wigan (Kaboul, Bale, Defoe)

A close encounter at home, with Defoe bagging the winner in the 83rd minute. Isco bagged two assists. He is already proving to be a good buy.

Newcastle 0-3 Spurs (Adebayor, Sandro x2)

An easy victory away from home. We should have scored 5. Sigurdsson had a good game with all three assists.

Spurs 3-1 Liverpool (Sandro x2, Vertonghen)

Sandro scoring 4 in two games playing as a BWM. He is proving to be a key part of the team. Vertonghen bagged a header late in the game. Isco got another assist. Another easy win for Spurs.

Spurs 4-1 Hannover (Adebayor x2, Sandro, Bale)

Adebayor and Sandro have been brilliant so far and they both chipped in with goals here. Bale scored and received man of the match after his goal and three assists.

Spurs 1-0 Leicester (Bale)

Bale with another good performance. I felt that we should have won by more and the scoreline was a poor reflection of the match.

Man UTD 2-2 Spurs (Parker, Bale)

Parker made his first appearance and scored a great longshot whilst Bale continued his good vein of form with another goal. We were unlucky not to win as Giggs scored the equaliser in the 87th minute, however a draw was a fair result.

Player Of The Month:

It was hard to decide after standout performances from Bale, Sandro and Isco. I awarded it to Isco after a fantastic start to his Spurs Career.

View attachment 293191

Glad you've started in a very good way. Keep up the good work :)

October, November, December

Trabzonspor 1-0 Spurs

A poor game which we deserved to lose. A very poor performance.

Spurs 2-2 Fulham (Lennon, Defoe)

A game which we should have easily one. We had many more chances but poor finishing cost us the three points.

West Brom 1-2 Spurs (Defoe x2)

With Adebayor out injured, Defoe stepped up and bagged a brace. They scored a late consolation in the 91st minute.

Spurs 6-0 Academica (Bale, Defoe x3, Sandro, Tavares o.g.)

Fantastic result for us with Defoe scoring a magnificent hattrick. The striker position will certainly pose a problem when Jovetic and Adebayor return.

Spurs 4-2 Cardiff (Sandro, Caulker, Dempsey, Adebayor)

A good result. Disappointing to concede twice though.

Player Of The Month:

View attachment 293235
It had to be Defoe. He has been outstanding all month.

November:

Spurs 3-0 Norwich (Bale, Adebayor, Defoe)

Another good resuly. Adebayor and Defoe can't stop scoring.

Academica 0-2 Spurs (Sandro, Adebayor)

Solid result. Adebayor with another goal.

Spurs 3-1 Reading (Vertonghen, Bale, Lennon)

Good result. Disappointing not to keep a clean sheet as they scored late on but we are doing well.

Sunderland 0-3 Spurs (Bale x2, Adebayor)

Adebayor scores again. He is on fire at the moment. Bale bagged a brace and continues his good form.

Hannover 2-2 Spurs (Caulker x2)

poor result for us. We should be winning matches agains these opponents. Caulker had a solid game and scored twice from corners.

Arsenal 1-5 Spurs (Lennon, Adebayor x3, Walker)

An incredible result. Beating our fiercest rivals on their own turf. Adebayor with another incredible performance.

Spurs 3-0 Arsenal (Sigurdsson x2, Adebayor)

Capital one Cup quarter final. Spurs march on with no problems against a good Arsenal side.

Player Of The Month:

View attachment 293236

Only one man deserved it. Incredible month for the Togolese Terminator.

December:

Spurs 3-6 Man City (Lennon, Fellaini, Sandro)

An incredible game. It was a huge shame as it was our first loss in the league so far. City were by far the better side and sit above us in the league.

Spurs 3-1 Trabzonspor (Dembele, Ekotto, Sandro)

Sandro has been a surprisingly good goalscorer so far this year. Another good result.

Spurs 5-0 Everton (Fellaini, Adebayor, Bale, Parker, Isco)

Fantastic result against a strong Everton side. Pleasing to score so many and keep a clean sheet.

Southampton 0-5 Spurs (Isco, Hooiveld o.g., Ekotto, Defoe, Adebayor)

Another fantastic result. We just can't stop scoring.

Spurs 1-1 QPR (Sandro)

Poor performance from us. Could be hugely detrimental to our Campaign. Pleasing to see Sandro still scoring though.

Spurs 1-0 Aston Villa (Bale)

Good result. We could have scored more. Defence is looking good with another clean sheet.

Spurs 3-1 Swansea (Adebayor, Sandro, Vertonghen)

Another good result. Sandro scoring again.

Spurs 4-0 West Ham (Bale x2, Adebayor, McCartney o.g.)

fantastic result to end the year with a win over our London rivals. Adebayor on the score sheet again!

Player Of The Month:

View attachment 293238

Hard choice to make as Adebayor, Sandro and Bale all had a good shout at winning however Bale bagged four and 5 assists.

At the end of the year we were looking good in third with games in hand over city and united who were above us.

In a press conference this morning, A.Phillips stated his Transfer aims and hopes for the rest of the year.

BBC: 'Spurs have had a very good start to the season. Do you think you can keep up this form or will the results slip away?

A.Phillips: 'I firmly believe that we have the quality in the squad to continue these good results and hopefully push for the title. I do however want to add more depth to the squad as we have been plagued by injuries too often.'

BBC: 'Do you have any targets in mind?'

A.Phillips: 'I would very much like to add another striker to the squad as Jovetic hasnt found his form yet. I would also like to add some depth to the defence. I haven't decided on any specific players yet though.'

BBC: 'And are you looking to offload any players in the transfer market?'

A.Phillips: 'Yes, I think there is some deadwood in the squad that can be sold. I also would like to free up some funds so yes i think that there will be players leaving.

BBC: 'Thanks for answering all the questions. Good luck with the rest of the season.'

A.Phillips reveals his main Transfer Targets:

Kurt Zouma:

View attachment 293246

A Fantastic young defender who would add quality depth to the defence as we only have three central defenders. A desperately wanted him but I would have to pay 27 million for him.

Inigo Martinez:

View attachment 293245
A good young defender with bags of potential. Would be able to come straight into the team and do a job. Very high transfer fee.

Mattia De Sciglio:

View attachment 293244
A promising young right back who would provide cover for walker. Very expensive though. Milan wanted 20 million for him.

Hugo Mallo:

View attachment 293243

Another good rb who would provide cover for Walker. Had an 8 million buy out clause.

Gianluca Caprari:

View attachment 293242

A very promising young striker with huge potential. Very high transfer fee though.

Rodrigo:

View attachment 293241

A young player who was already a leading striker. Would come into the team and be ready for the first team immediately. The asking price was not extortionately high either.

Mattia Destro:

View attachment 293240

Another good young player. He was available on a free transfer.

Transfers:

View attachment 293250

I did not have enough money to invest in a cb and I felt that for 17 million, Rodrigo was a steal. Mallo had lots of potential. I was content but I knew that cb was going to be a huge problem due to injuries. I also managed to sign Destro on a pre-contract. He will arrive in July

View attachment 293249

I got rid of a few players who weren't playing much. Dempsey had only played one game and i received a good transfer fee for him. Dembele was poor whenever he played and i wanted to get rid of him. The transfer fee wasn't great but i was pleased to be rid of him. I also sent Defoe out on loan as he wasn't playing much and would play much less now Jovetic was fit and Rodrigo had come in.​

January, February, March

Spurs 0-0 Newcastle

Boring game. We didn't create much. Poor way to start the new year.

Gateshead 0-2 Spurs (Adebayor x2)

Good result for us. Adebayor getting on the scoresheet again.

Southampton 2-6 Spurs (Jovetic, Lennon x2, Parker, Caulker, Adebayor)

Fantastic result. Jovetic finally scored and Lennon bagged a brace. Shame to concede twice although Gaston Ramirez scored two belters late on.

Wigan 1-4 Spurs (Vertonghen, Walker, Bale x2)

Good result again. Defence conceded late on again. We need to sort that out. Bale scored another two. Meanwhile Kaboul will be out for a few weeks which leaves us with two cbs.

QPR 1-2 Spurs (Jovetic, Lennon)

Pleasing that Jovetic has started scoring. Other than that it was a poor performance from us and we were lucky to collect all three points.

Spurs 6-0 Southampton (Walker, Fellaini, Gundogan, Jovetic, Caulker, Bale)

Jovetic has hit a good run of form. Gundogan finally scored and Bale scored another fantastic goal. Fantastic performance, fantastic result.

Spurs 2-0 Burnley (Lennon, Rodrigo)

Easy win and we progress to the final of the capital one cup. Lennon has been good so far this month.

Norwich 2-3 Spurs (Isco, Fellaini, Adebayor)

Very close match and we were fortunate to win. Adebayor ended his goal draught.

Overall a good month for us.

Player of the Month:

View attachment 293252

It was a hard choice as there weren't any standout performers but Adebayor was the most deserving as he scored us some match winning goals.

February:

Spurs 7-3 West Brom (Sandro, Fellaini, Adebayor x2, Bale x3)

Incredible game of football to watch. We got the result but I was disappointed that we conceded 3 to West Brom. Bale and Adebayor were incredible whilst Isco bagged two assists.

Spurs 5-2 Levante (Rodrigo, Bale, Caulker, Fellaini x2)

Good result but defence is very shaky at the moment. I really should have signed a cb in January. Bale continues his scoring form.

Derby 1-1 Spurs (Bale)

We played like absolute c**p. Bale saved us with a goal in the 92nd minute to force a replay. I was absolutely disgusted with the team.

Spurs 1-1 Levante (adebayor)

Another terrible performance. I thought that we might have peaked a few months too early. It was not looking good from here.

Spurs 1-2 Chelsea (Sigurdsson)

We lost the capital one cup and my fears were confirmed after three poor performances on the trot.

Spurs 1-0 Derby (Sigurdsson)

Another poor performance in the replay. A Sigurdsson penalty sent us through. I was wondering what had happened to our goalscoring form when...

Player Of The Month:

View attachment 293255

It was all about Bale this month. He was the only standout performer, bagging five goals, in a torrid month for the team.

March:

Fulham 1-5 Spurs (Bale x3, Isco x2)

We bounced back after a poor few games and destroyed Fulham. It was all about Bale as he bagged three and assisted two.

Olympiakos 0-2 Spurs (Vertonghen, Bale)

Bale continued scoring. Otherwise it was pleasing to keep another clean sheet.

Spurs 3-1 Liverpool (Gundogan, Doni og, Bale)

Good result against a strong Liverpool side. We lost ekotto and Willems to injury so were now playing scot parker as lwb.

Spurs 1-0 Olympiakos (Gundogan)

Nice to see a clean sheet. Gundogan scored again which was pleasing as he hadn't been great so far this season.

Reading 1-4 Spurs (Jovetic, Bale, Adebayor x2)

We seemed to be back on form with another exciting win. Bale is on fire at the moment.

Spurs 3-1 Sunderland (Sandro x2, Rodrigo)

Another poor defensive effort. We were very lucky to win. Bale managed to grab two assists as well.

Player Of The Month:

View attachment 293255

Three Words:

THE BALE SHOW

April

This was going to be a hugely important month for us. We needed some good performances, however we were without many key players due to fatigue and injuries.

PSV 1-0 Spurs

Things did not get off to a good start with a hopeless performance away to PSV. We only conceded once though which still gave us hope of advancing to the Semis.

Everton 2-0 Spurs

April was not looking good for us. With some very tough matches coming up, a 2-0 loss to Everton meant we fell further behind City in the title race. I started to think that the team had fallen at the final hurdle...

Spurs 6-1 PSV (Bale x3, Fellaini, Adebayor, Parker)

Bale once again stepped up and proved how important a player he is for Spurs with another magical hattrick. We were through to the Semis. Could we go all the way?

Spurs 4-1 Chelsea (Sigurdsson, Fellaini, Adebayor, Rodrigo)

An easy victory over our london rivals which meant we were in the final of the FA cup.

Chelsea 0-2 Spurs (Cole og, Isco)

This was a huge three points and really helped us push on in our title race. I felt that if we had lost the title would have also been lost.

Man city 3-2 Spurs (Jovetic x2)

This was the biggest match of the season. If we won we had pretty much grabbed the title. However we lost and our title hopes were dashed.

Liverpool 0-2 Spurs (Vertonghen, Rodrigo)

Another important game against tough opposition. It was pleasing to keep a clean sheet again.

Fernabache 4-1 Spurs (Adebayor)

I thought that Fernabache would be a walkover. How wrong I was to play a weakened team. We got absolutely destroyed. Adebayor's 87th minute away goal might prove to be important though.

Spurs 2-2 Chelsea (Isco, Fellaini)

I was a bit confused when I saw we were playing Chelsea twice in the league in only a few matches. I was expecting us to win again convincingly, however it was not to be and this draw put another dent in our title hopes.

Stoke 2-2 Spurs (Lennon, Caulker)

I thought that this match ended out title campaign. The only way we could win now was if City dropped points against weak teams. I felt that the squad had burned out.

Player Of The Month:

There wasn't one. I felt that no one in particular deserved it as the team had been very poor this month.

MAY!!!

The season came down to the last month. May was full of twists and turns and was possibly the most enjoyable month of football manager I have played. We could still win three cups but the way we played in April i didn't feel that we would win any.

Spurs 6-1 Fernahbache (Rodrigo, Sigurdsson x2, Isco x2, Kaboul)

Great start to the month with a huge win over Fernabache to send us through to the final!

Spurs 3-2 Man UTD (Adebayor, Lennon x2)

WOW!!! What a game. If we lost it was over. But we won with an Aaron Lennon goal in the 94th minute!!! Incredible win for us.

Aston Villa 1-1 Spurs (Sigurdsson)

This result sent us crashing back down to earth after a fantastic result last time out. Very disappointing for us.

Swansea 4-1 Spurs (Caulker)

Horrendous performance with half the team missing. The only way we could win the league now was if City lost one of their last two games against Norwich or West Brom.

Spurs 3-1 Arsenal (Sigurdsson, Fellaini, Parker)

FA CUP WINNERS! Huge win against the old rivals. fantastic performance and gave the team a huge confidence boost going into their last games.

Spurs 2-0 Stoke (Vertonghen, Sigurdsson)

Easy win for us. Nice to keep a clean sheet as well. To make the victory even sweeter, West Brom beat City 2-1. We could do it!!

Spurs 5-0 Arsenal (Isco x2, Kaboul, Bale, Caulker)

Amazing! We played great football and destroyed Arsenhole.

Spurs 6-3 Southampton (Rodrigo x3, Bale, Gundogan, Adebayor)

The last game in the league turned out to be an absolute thriller. 3-1 down at half time, I rallied the troops and what a respons i received. Was this result enough to win the league?

Spurs 3-4 Juventus AET (Adebayor x2, Vertonghen)

It was a huge shame to come so close to winning the treble in my first season. We played admirably and I am thrilled with my first season in charge.

Player Of The Month:

View attachment 293591

He had a great month and bagged five goals. He helped us take the league title to the last day but who won it?

Awards to Follow

Awards

League
View attachment 293592

We did it!!! We managed to win the league on goal difference. What a season for spurs.

Manager Of The Year
View attachment 293593

I couldn't believe it. What a first season for me in charge of Spurs.

My Player Of The Season

There was only one player who came to mind for this award. He played a key part in our team the whole year and also bagged the most assists and goals for us.

View attachment 293594

Best young player of the Season:

View attachment 293598

I gave the award to Isco. It was between him and Caulker but I felt that Isco gave more to the team with 11 goals and many assists.

Footballer of the year and Best Player in Europe

View attachment 293595View attachment 293596

It had to be him. He had a great season and this year was THE BALE SHOW!

Team of The Season

View attachment 293597

Pleased to see Bale and Adebayor grabbing a starting place in the team. They both had incredible seasons as we scored well over 100 goals in the league.

Press Conference:

BBC: What an amazing season your spurs team have had. They won the double and made the final of the Capital One Cup and the Euro Cup. Were there any standout performers?

A.Phillips: I agree. We were incredible this season. I think that to pick just one player is hard on the others. The whole team was amazing throughout the season but if i had to pick one player it would be Gareth. He has had an outstanding season and I can't wait to work with him again next year.

BBC: We would like to congratulate you on winning the manager of the season as well. Very impressive for your first season in management.

A.Phillips: Thank you. The team won me that award. They were incredible for me.

BBC: So the transfer window open in a few months. Is there anything in particular you will be doing?

A.Phillips: Yeah, but I'm not giving it away yet. First, I'm gonna go and relax by the beach for a month and then I might disclose that information to you. Thanks and Have a good holiday.