romfordadams

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am starting up a save with my beloved Spurs (i know poor sod eh)

Anyway, i generally for the past FM series download a tactic and run with it and have been very successful, however i thought new year new style, so i have created a tactic and wonder if you have any thoughts, ideas and support for me.

I am looking to play a 4-1-4-1

Sweeper Keeper
Full back (att) Central Def (def) Central Def (Covering) Full back (att)

Defensive midfielder(def)

Roaming playmaker Central Midfielder (support)

inside forward (att) Inside forward (att)

Defensive striker

now my ideas are based on what spurs are trying in real life, high pressing game but with greater width.
i was unsure if to go with a Anchor Man instead of a def midfield role , however i might adopt this if i change one of my Central def (vertonghen) to be a covering defender , thus allowing the anchor man to fill in when he is out of the back 4 line up.

the wide inside forwards are set to attack and cut infield for support to (soldado) who will be chasing his **** off as a defensive striker a role he is good at on the game. this should allow for my 2 full backs (walker/yedlin/rise/davies) to be more attacking than in real life.

the team mentality will be attacking with either a flexible or fluid shape - again im to decide on this. hope pre season will help.

Anyone have any good ideas? Ive never used a Defensive striker before?
Should i go with defensive Mid or Anchor man ?

many thanks, be nice to get some feed back