Spurs accept Birmingham Keane bid

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham accept a £6m bid from Birmingham for striker Robbie Keane, according to the Press Association.

More...

That's a great deal to get Keane. Of course spurs would accept that!

How on earth does Levy get these amounts for these players?

Got to be the smartest chairman in the league...

How on earth does Levy get these amounts for these players?

Got to be the smartest chairman in the league...

Although he did allow Spurs to re-sign Keane, re-sign Chimbonda and also pay decent money for Ricardo Rocha and Helder Postiga?

Last edited:
Although he did allow Spurs to re-sign Keane, re-sign Chimbonda and also pay decent money for Ricardo Rocha and Hugo Almeida?

Did you not see Keane's ability with us before he joined Liverpool?

If he returned in the same state, would have been a small price to pay.

As for the others, every chairman makes blunders. Glazer much?

Although he did allow Spurs to re-sign Keane, re-sign Chimbonda and also pay decent money for Ricardo Rocha and Hugo Almeida?

Wasn't it Helder Postiga who was at Spurs?
Almedia might have been too but I think it was just Postiga

Ye Almedia was never at spurs (according to FM player history)

Sunderland and Blackburn are usually the clubs that take our rejects. If Birmingham want to be a feeder too, then I have no problem with that.

;)

Good price, considering he has barely played since his return. Maybe this paves the way for a quality striker to be brought in as our only signing.

Sunderland and Blackburn are usually the clubs that take our rejects. If Birmingham want to be a feeder too, then I have no problem with that.

;)

Good price, considering he has barely played since his return. Maybe this paves the way for a quality striker to be brought in as our only signing.
Maybe we could sign Lukaku or Neymar, and train them up instead of playing 25m on a star?

We need a proven forward now, not someone who is going to come good in 2-3 years.

Unless you don't mind us missing out on a top 4 spot, because I certainly do. It's my biggest hope for this season, and I'd give up on everything else for it.