Spurs can win league, says Gallas

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
New Tottenham signing William Gallas believes Spurs have a chance of winning the Premier League this season.

More...

So True,Spurs have the best chance dont they and I suppose Man Utd are relegation candidates

As much as I would love to see it I just wish the players would not talk up such an achievement as the inevitable will happen and we will then probably lose to teams like Wigan and Blackpool and make the player who said it look very stupid.

DREAM ON WILLIE haha. Always knew the guy as a looney...ever since that team talk he gave on the pitch against Chelsea.

Yes and Chelsea will get relegated oO)

So True,Spurs have the best chance dont they and I suppose Man Utd are relegation candidates

DREAM ON WILLIE haha. Always knew the guy as a looney...ever since that team talk he gave on the pitch against Chelsea.

All he said was that we have a chance of winning the league, we do, even though its a small chance. He never said we were favourites did he...

You can, same as Wigan & Blackpool technically can, but you probably won't.

All he said was that we have a chance of winning the league, we do, even though its a small chance. He never said we were favourites did he...
So why is he telling us something, that technically we all know. He obviously meant it like he thinks Spurs are in with a very good chnsce of doing it

Maybe he should concentrate on maintaining a top 4 spot first, kinda stupid him and redknapp saying things like this imo just putting more pressure on themselves.

So why is he telling us something, that technically we all know. He obviously meant it like he thinks Spurs are in with a very good chnsce of doing it

Because we have a reasonably good chance, If we get lucky with injuries, etc and perform better away from home then we had last season then we do have a good chance. We've certainly got a good enough squad to do it. Also several managers like Carlo Ancelotti have said that they think we can win the league.

P.S. Before I get slaughtered, I don't actually think we will win the league, I just think we have a chance.

behave Willie, no offense to Spurs but your not good enough. you have a good squad but you dont beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United often enough to be able to be real title contenders and you wont be beating them this season i dont think

behave Willie, no offense to Spurs but your not good enough. you have a good squad but you dont beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United often enough to be able to be real title contenders and you wont be beating them this season i dont think

Thats what I'm saying, Should we be able to beat them away then we have a chance, we have one of the strongest squads in the league :)

Partially correct. We have proved we can beat Chelsea and Arsenal at home. Its just we need to beat them away.

Thats what I'm saying, Should we be able to beat them away then we have a chance, we have one of the strongest squads in the league :)

i agree you have but beating Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United.... even Liverpool and Man City away, i just cant see it to be honest and this is why your be lucky to finish in the top 4.

Beating the big boys is not our problem -- it's not anyone's problem tbh. You can win the league picking up only 3 or 4 points in the 'top four' games. Our main problem is that we put on a good show against the top half and then lose to teams like Stoke, Wolves etc. Until we stop doing that the title will be out of our reach. We're moving in the right direction though.

Love the optimism though Gallas :)

Back