Spurs can win league, says Gallas

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1K
Beating the big boys is not our problem -- it's not anyone's problem tbh. You can win the league picking up only 3 or 4 points in the 'top four' games. Our main problem is that we put on a good show against the top half and then lose to teams like Stoke, Wolves etc. Until we stop doing that the title will be out of our reach. We're moving in the right direction though.

Love the optimism though Gallas :)
this. its not really about beating the big boys its about beastin the "smaller teams". remember we won title the year before with an awful record against the other members of the top 4,a nd it was draws agains the smaller teams that cost us last season

I'm pretty sure he didn't want to renew his contract
no he wanted a better contract, you didnt want change the deal you were offering, and then released him when it expired

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he didn't want to renew his contract

According to Wenger, Arsenal wanted to keep Gallas but couldn't meet his wage demands if they were to pursue their interest in signing the other defender (s) Wenger was after (and subsequently bought.)

Don't think either player or club really wanted to part ways, but could be wrong.

This season the title is between 3 teams imo

Arsenal,Chelsea And Man Utd

Think Harry is the guy who deserves to win the league for all he's done with Portsmouth and Tottenham.

I think they'll take Arsenal's place this season though. They just need to stop slipping up at stupid times, i.e Wolves beating them twice last season. If they didn't lose to Wolves, then they'd probably have overtaken Arsenal, and I think they will be able to this season. :)

Think Harry is the guy who deserves to win the league for all he's done with Portsmouth and Tottenham.

I think they'll take Arsenal's place this season though. They just need to stop slipping up at stupid times, i.e Wolves beating them twice last season. If they didn't lose to Wolves, then they'd probably have overtaken Arsenal, and I think they will be able to this season. :)
big ifs though, its like saying if arsenal can keep van persie fit, they can mount a genuine title challenge. people write off arsenal every year and they still finish top 4. spurs havent shown that they can top arsenal just yet, but there is plenty of time. i just wonder about harrys 4-4-2 away from home

he is already setting himself up for dissapointment simple as that. it gives him a reason to sulk come march-april and do a typical Gallas stunt.

Back