Spurs launch £15m bid for Keane

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 695

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham make a cash-only offer in the region of £15m to bring Liverpool striker Robbie Keane back to White Hart Lane, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Dunno if id accept.

On one hand hes been pretty ****, Rafa clearly hates him and he doesnt really fit into the wya pool play

but on the other hand its the last day of the window, well half day, do signing a replacement would be almost impossible

The transfer has gone through. I wish Keane all the best back at Spurs, just a shame he was useless for us really because he's a player who I've always liked.

Could of given him at least a full season and not of been so inconsistent in playing him! Hope he does well.

If Liverpool waited until the end of the season, there is no chance we would get so much for him if he carried on playing poorly.

Rafa not playing him has nothing to do with how he played in my opinion. Even when he got a decent run of games in he was still poor and missed way too many easy chances. Out of all the games he played there is only one where he looked anything like a £20m signing, and that was the last Champions League group game.

It was accepted and he is having/has passed his medical. Good signing for Spurs :|

Haha, oh my. I think had he played week in week out at Liverpool, even when Torres came back he could have been better, but Benitez clearly didn't want him or know how to get the best out of him.

Good luck to him at Spurs, they have an awesome strikeforce again now. Bent wont be very happy mind.

Spurs once again have 4 great strikers. bit gutted it didnt work out for him there though.

No, for Pavlychenko, and Darren Bent, and Frazier Campbell (obv)

Seems silly that we haven't got a replacement because if Torres was to get injured we would be finishing our title race with N'Gog upfront.

This is odd. On so many levels. Fee is now reported as 12 million with add-ons to take it up to an unspecified amount.

Lots and lots going on behind the scenes at Liverpool at the moment. Not a happy bunny.

LOL! This has made me laugh! 'Pool have just paid Tottenham 8.3mil for 5 goals and an unhappy player... Spurs have had a great deal in this!

So if Torres goes, or doesn't perform, 'Pool are back to square 1 again. I fancy them to be out of the tittle race by the end of the month. Any offers?

LOL! This has made me laugh! 'Pool have just paid Tottenham 8.3mil for 5 goals and an unhappy player... Spurs have had a great deal in this!

So if Torres goes, or doesn't perform, 'Pool are back to square 1 again. I fancy them to be out of the tittle race by the end of the month. Any offers?

If Torres goes where exactly?? Don't think the title will be decided in February somehow, it never is!!

Not certain this is true yet. Liverpool may just have received back most of the money they paid up front from Spurs, with the rest they owed being written off. This was one of the sticking points of the Barry deal - Villa wanted it all in cash upfront which wasn't going to happen as it was more cash than was available.

Liverpool are def ****** now if either Stevie G or Torres in injured for any period of time, even if it is just a week as its down to that crucial time of year plus the CL is starting up agian so even more key games. I think id rather keep Keane and risk him continuing his bad form that have Ngog as first choice backup. Even if he isnt first choice and you go with Babel, well hes been terrible this season and Kuyt although scoring a shed load in Hollland barly scored even when played upfront in his first season, and then also who do you put on the right?

One could say the same about Man U if either Berbatov or Tevez got injured at the moment...

We beat Man U without both Torres and Gerrard in the team at Anfield, so I'm not too concerned, especially as we are where we are now without having Torres for most of the season so far. Lucas is much more effective when he is played in the role behind the front striker and I think he can cover for Gerrard if needed, as he has done in key games when he's replaced him as sub already this season.

Babel has been pretty bad this season, but he's been played down the left wing mainly to keep him in some kind of match fitness. Would imagine we'll see more of him in the centre again soon as Rafa has been known to keep young prospects simmering to release them at tired defences at the end of the season. There's some useful players who are being blooded by Rafa who can do a job - you mention N'Gog, but there's also El Zhar. Yet my money is on Pacheco to be a huge star at some point soon. That lad can play and is exactly the type of 'Aimar' player who can unlock defences.

That's what I'm thinking Greg...

As for Man U, we could always put Ronaldo or Welbeck up front. Or just get someone from our reserves or call back Campbell from Spurs...

Babel can play upfront if need be and so can Dirt so i dont see it being that big a problem for Liverpool

Back