Spurs launch £15m bid for Keane

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 695
Don't be ridiculous.

Ronaldo is still United's top premier league scorer and he's been missing in action so often this season that there's a growing belief in Manchester that he should be shipped off in the summer, or is about to be. I only get Manc news from the Manchester Evening News though, so if he's a regular goal threat right now then I apologise. Didn't Phelan say that he was put on against Derby to get a goal to boost his confidence after 2 months without scoring? Rooney's form has not been great, and goals from midfield have been just as sporadic.

edit: Pro-Man U MEN article which gives some interesting stats :) http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...er_united/s/1094028_miracles_over_for_ronaldo

Last edited:
Lol indeed Redders. And yeah Lpool beat us without either but it was a one-off game...fact is Liverpool go **** when either are missing. Benitez obv has the faith in Ngog/Babel to do the job, but there's gona be immense pressure on them now. For Torres to be the only proper striker there approaching this time of the season is a bit risky, not that Gerrard will mind having to probably be saviour again.

They might have done ok with Torres out earlier in the season and without both against Man U but this is the crucial part of the season and Liverpool arent inform liek they were back then.

As for Man U lacking depth unfront, dont be daft. That much depth that 30m Tevez was on the bench. At worst Wellbeck could come in, hes looked good so far and obviously Cron played well there last season when asked to so theres no danger of Man U going through a striking crisis, well not as liekly as Liveprool

Ronaldo is still United's top premier league scorer and he's been missing in action so often this season that there's a growing belief in Manchester that he should be shipped off in the summer, or is about to be. I only get Manc news from the Manchester Evening News though, so if he's a regular goal threat right now then I apologise. Didn't Phelan say that he was put on against Derby to get a goal to boost his confidence after 2 months without scoring? Rooney's form has not been great, and goals from midfield have been just as sporadic.

edit: Pro-Man U MEN article which gives some interesting stats :) http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...er_united/s/1094028_miracles_over_for_ronaldo

Yeah but as Fergie has said, last season was a fluke. Strikers barely score 40 in a season, let alone wingers. Ronaldo's return this season is still good, and he has been nowhere near his best.

I kind of agree Gregor but it's not about lacking depth, it's about scoring goals. And Berbatov and Tevez are the form players for United at the moment. Just as Gerrard and Torres are for Liverpool. United do have a bigger squad, but I don't see how losing Keane makes too much difference considering how badly Keane has played - he could have scored a dozen more goals with the sitters he's missed. Arguably, ones which a more adept finisher (N'Gog for instance) would have put away.

It's easy to dismiss the result against Man U without Torres and Gerrard as a 'one off', but we are in the title hunt without the best striker in the Premiership having played much this season. Doubt we'll win the league but it's nice to be challenging properly and having our friendly rivals getting jittery ;)

It's easy to dismiss the result against Man U without Torres and Gerrard as a 'one off', but we are in the title hunt without the best striker in the Premiership having played much this season. Doubt we'll win the league but it's nice to be challenging properly and having our friendly rivals getting jittery ;)

and since hes been back youve dropped out of it :P

I dont think Man U necessarily need a lot of goals at the minute and up until recently they weren scoring many but still winning becuase the defense has been unbeliably good.

and since hes been back youve dropped out of it :P

I dont think Man U necessarily need a lot of goals at the minute and up until recently they weren scoring many but still winning becuase the defense has been unbeliably good.

Lol yeah. Torres was obviously not in any kind of shape though with his hamstrings. Chelsea showed that his layoff may not be totally to our disadvantage though - he looked a lot sharper mentally and physically than the Chelsea back 4. If we were going to have won the league this year, we needed Keane to have performed up to at least Premiership standard. So it's looking increasingly likely you lot will equal the record. But it's going to be a fun run-in :D

Sure thing about the scoring, but then we've not been conceding many either - just been finding it hard to find that last minute winner for the 1-0. Which is where Berbatov and Tevez have been brilliant for you in the tight matches. Which was kind of my point. We're still playing catchup financially from when you lot lost the FC and became PLC, and with our two bankrupt yanks in charge, that ain't going to change soon either so our squad is going to be built on a relative 'shoe-string' budget for some time yet.

Would have liked Keane to work out, but it was obvious with the way Rafa wanted Barry and not a striker where he thought the weakness of the team has been. And I think he's been right - that little bit of nouse and creativity and drive from midfield Barry could have provided would have made a lot more difference. Still, we're within spitting distance this season and can hope to look forward to more progression providing things don't go totally titsup off the pitch.

I dont think much has changed financially wise with Man U at all really.

i think Spurs should play with Bent, and Keane upfront...Bent is once again in form, im sure Redknapp will start him next week, after he bagged them 2 quick goals

Back