Spurs win chase to sign Woodgate

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham have won the race to sign Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Woodgate.

More...

I think Woodgate is class and a great signing. Wonder why boro would just let him go thats either a lack of ambition or they need the money.

its neither really, he wants to go and we dont want anyone in the squad that doesnt wanna be here and we have cover in that position.

we have said on several occasions we dont need the money for alves and we dont need to sell to buy.

if he wants to go - let him go. he probs wont really play much over dawson and king i think, he wants to go from a big fish in a small pond to an average fish in a jewish pond let him rot there the druggie

Yeh players who don't want to play for their club should be shipped out. They're not worth it.

I think he will play a fair few games this season seeing as King tends to get injured every other game.

Surprised he's left cos he did well at Boro when on loan and I thought he claimed Boro were his team, like he was some sort of Geordie, North east kinda guy but he followed Boro not the toon. maybe not.

I think if King can stay fit the two of them can be a great partnership

Yeh he did claim we were his team and he wanted to stay at us to end his career.

"We shouldn't not let people talk to other clubs - we gave him the chance, stay...or leave, and he obv wants to leave"

or something like that is what Southgate said - he left it up to Woodgate, he had a choice, stay or go...he went....65k off our wage bill for now.

Didnt he grow up in Middlesborough????? thus claiming they were his team

anyhoo i know spurs dnt have a great deal of decent cover for Dawson and King, but how is Ramos going to keep all 3 happy. Hw would of been better off joining Newcastle, or the mystery 3rd club

He may try a 3 CB formation with wing-backs...you never know :)

Looks like thats the plan Sean since he is signing attacking full backs Gilberto and Hutton

Woodgate or King will always be on the injury table anyway, at least one of them :p.

He was born in Boro Robbo.

Aye woodgate was born in boro, grew up round the corner from me. There were rumours about Woodgate and Downings sister, no idea if they are true. He can probably make moe money in London from certain substances