Mr Chelsea

Reaction score
I've checked if there is another thread about this, and can't find one.

I was just curios whether anyone tends to have a consistent system when allocation squad numbers.

I generally tend to use the original squad number system used when they first came about, for example, full-backs #2 & 3, half-backs #4-6 and forwards #7-11. Obviously in the modern game there are much more variations of positions, such as forwards, wingers, attacking midfielders, defensive midfielders, etc. and go with the England football team system usually. (2 & 3 full backs, 5 & 6 centre backs, 4 & 8 centre midfielders, 7 & 11 wingers/wide midfielders and 9 & 10 forwards [4-4-2].

Sometimes midfielders/wingers would be #10, defenders #4, midfielders #5 & 6 etc. for me but I usually tend to have OCD with squad numbers and am quite strict lol. But the would also have to suit their number (*****), for example Lampard would look weird as #4 or 6 IMO.

As well as this, do you have the same thing with the higher numbers. I usually have goalkeepers #12 or 13, as well as #22 or 23. And sometimes take the second digit (eg. the #4 in 14) and have them as my back-up for that position, if you get me, eg. for England, Scott Parker #14 as a back-up for #4 Steven Gerrard, in my case.

Just wanted to see what other's do, and if I should be checked for OCD lol.

1, 13, 25 - Goalkeepers
2 - Right Back
7, 11 - Wingers
9 - Main striker
10 - Team's star player