Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I wanted a very defensive formation but that would also work on the counter and get me some goals...I failed and gave up that idea. That is until 2 days ago when I thought I would give it another bash.

So far it has been pretty successful for me, considering before this I was losing most games and couldn't get my strikers scoring. Taking me from around 140th to 18th in the world rankings on FM Live in 2 days.

View attachment 1706

It is quite a defensive formation without the ball but with the ball the full-backs will bomb right up the pitch and support the 2 AMC's and Striker.

For my target man I have either my Striker or the AMC with the farrow to receive it into feet.

View attachment 1705

So since I created this tactic my record is...

P 27
W 14
D 9
L 4

That's pretty good for me anyhow. Those matches include all the games where I have been tweaking it, which is pretty much every game.

I would appreciate it if someone could test it on FM 2008 for me and see how it goes.

I'll keep you lot updated and let you know how i do :)

...oh yeh I'm also winning a game at the moment 0-2 with it!

Well Ive dropped from 51st to 117th since the new ME rollout after signing some quality players. Im losing faith pretty much with FML at the moment as Im dominating matches and losing. I mean one match went shots on target 18 vs 2 and ended up a 2-2 draw. Another I had 13 on target vs 2 and lost 3-1!

Voiced my concerns to SI staff who are looking into it, and a big fat bollocks to whoever it was in the chatrooms who said 'possession and shots on target dont determine who wins a match'. Thats just stupid when youve had NINE times the amount of shots on target than your opponent and had 65% to 35% possession.

Sean personally I think that formation will get torn to shreds in FM08 as quirky formations seem to work more than normal ones in FML. I stick to 4-4-2 with wingers and get hammered by someone who plays 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and 5 strikers.

Sean personally I think that formation will get torn to shreds in FM08 as quirky formations seem to work more than normal ones in FML. I stick to 4-4-2 with wingers and get hammered by someone who plays 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and 5 strikers.

Hopefully it won't. But yeh FM is full of people just playing overly-attacking tactics making it far too unrealistic.

Find yourself a nice sweeper, and have him galloping forward like Rafael Márquez for Barca. :wub:

Your wing backs will be shattered afer each game.

i deleted my email confirmation link from fm live by accident and now i cant get on to it for love nor money!

Ive found a cracking formation on FML, its a 4-2-3-1. I would never normally use one striker but had to try something as I was getting hammered every match using a 4-4-2 with quality players.

I have one MC with barrows, the other with no arrows but slightly attacking mentality and all AMs (L,R & C) with farrows. My beloved Dalla Valle is the AMC and destroys most teams. Give it a try!

I started using a formation a few week ago that worked wonders i only lost 1 game in about 40 games i think it was and the game i lost was 1-0 due to a corner goal, typical.
But then like every tactic it went **** so had to change and now im back to the 442 but the wingers are in the mc's position with an amc and dmc and doing ok with that.
Now they've got your opponents arrows shown up on the line ups screen so now people may start using proper standard formations, we'll see.

Sam if you want to get on fmlive just send an email to marc duffy he'll probably send you another e-mail.
[email protected] i think it is

Btw, Sean we have 2 games to play in the superawesome....thingy cup :D

your opponents arrows shown up on the line ups screen so now people may start using proper standard formations

About time, I think they should have included them from the beggining as it just allowed people to use ridiculous formations without their opponent being able to counter them.

Btw, Sean we have 2 games to play in the superawesome....thingy cup :D

Cba i'm on holiday from FM Live for a few days.

This was for FM-Live actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.