Stabiliising a welsh dream

• Thread starter Thread starter emoasyou
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 6K

emoasyou

Reaction score
New game starting as swansea city will add the first update by the end of the week. using 12.2.2 update
amateur footballer experience and created tactics.

Ever thought to yourself im destined for greatness? I woke up a few years ago and did so I thought about the one thing I knew I was great at and could be even better at.
football as been my passion since I was young and I knew that was what it had to be, never played professionally just in amateur teams and I never got to the heights of the greats.
I always knew that would be the case, even I didn't think I was anything special. So I tried my hand at coaching found I had a knack for tactics and that it was probably the way to go. so i looked up the history of the team not really ever had much sucess maybe it was time for that to change

View attachment 261423
so I started my coaching courses a few years past and here I am interviewing for the biggest job of my life so far.
A small town guy from Rotherham in the liberty stadium about to meet Huw Jenkins.

View attachment 261416

With Brendan Rogers resiging and my new choice of career as a manager I thought id try my hand at applyiing for a premier league new comer id heard that Huw Jenkins was looking for a talented young manager to lead his talented young squad so I jumped at the opportunity to presnt myself.
sent him my portfolio of badges and list of achievements amateur level only but i thought it was worth a try whats the worst that could happen.
i knew I couldn't possibly get the job but it seemed the young squad was exactly what I was looking for I loved the prospect of working with Joe Allen, Scott Sinclair, Nathan Dyer, Neil Taylor and many others.
bring in a few players of my own and id be in business, trying to lead my team from promotion to stabilising the welsh dream of having a team in the premier leaugue thats really worth a ****.
Brendan Rogers an excelent manager I knew to have any chance id have to show my determination what I had planned show my ambition for the club and that I really mean business, the potential is high with swansea
i have to show I see this and that Im the right man to bring the potential out of the great players they have and what I want to acheive here. Also what I plan to do to get the fans on side this wouldnt be an easy task with a young manager coming in to replace Brendan Rogers after he led the team to the premier league.

Huw Jenkins - Good morning Mr Dimbleby I reed your ressame I see you have the coaching badges needed to start a professional carrer and Im looking for a young manager to build a future the fans could only dream about here at the Liberty Stadium, i jumped at your essay on ambtion and what you reassured me was your plans and what you would bring to the table, I looked at your ideas for players you would like to develop and ones you think should move on and I think this shows ambition and desire.

Well sir im so pleased to hear that as I truly do believe I am the young manager your looking for my ambition for swansea would be to first establish the team as a premier league side, a mid table finish at the least, then to start to push for the top half and within 3 seasons to be challenging for continental places bringing European football to the Liberty Stadium and this proud nation. Then to develop a great rank of national stars that can lead welsh football to new heights maybe even the world cup.

the meeting went one for another 2 hours I outlined my tactics and also the ideas I had, it was a long job interview the longest and biggest of my life. I started to beleive the job was mine. at the end of the interview I Shaked Huw Jenkins hand and I could feel sweat dripping down the back of my neck. ive aways had problems with nerves this was not any different. The one issue i needed to control. thnking to myself get a grip you cant loose this now, not that i ever had it to start wth but confidence is never a bad thing.

days pass by and im starting to realise I wasnt the right man he wanted a young manager but probably needed experience too I hadnt applied for any other positions I really thought this was the one for me and looking elsewere would be wrong not untill I knew.

a few hours later the phone rings.

Huw Jenkins - hello Mr Dimbleby calling to let you know that we would like to offer you a contract and love the ambiton you have shown for the club and beleive your spirit and dertermination is exactly whats needed to establish swansea city as a premier league team and posissibly further in due course. you share the same ambition as I and I hope we can work together well to bring that to the fans. Our dreams combined hoepfully will beccome a reality.

as Huw Jenkins spoke I felt a rush of adrenaline coursing threw my body, I thought for a second I was asleep and I was still dreaming, a little pinch to the side of the cheeck should do the trick, wake up you ******* idiot real life doesnt happen this way rejection after rejection thats the ony way it goes.

Huw Jenkins - Myself and the rest fo the board members would like you to come in so we can talk buissnes and arrange a contract offer, and then possibly go further if you are still wiling to take the job.

wake up im still picnching my check, hmmm... oo.. yes im still interested of course.

That night i laid awake looking at my pans every thing id wrote looking through seing if it was still the best course of action, I was certain this was the best way to go about it i was so nervous at this point thinking that tommorow morning i was going to The Liberty Stadium to sign my contract to start as the new manager of Swansea City in the Premier League wow this really is what dreams are made of.

entering The Liberty Stadium it feels different the second time like its mine I have a purpose a reason to be here, im here to sign my contract the biggest contract of my life to realise my dream and become a fully fledged premier league manager.

Huw Jenkins Morning Mark you mind if i call you that

no not at all sir im happy to be called by my name.

Huw Jenkins - well Mark here's the contract we would like to offer you

View attachment 261421
I cant believe it ive never seen that amount of money to be paid for 1 week £17,250 it's crazy I write my name on the piece of paper very quickly no way I'm not going to I know now that it's real.

the buiness meeting goes on for hours but it doesnt seem like it this is fun i'm enjoying every second I real am.

Days pass by and im meeting my team and staff for the first time tommorow it feels amazing to say out loud i think as i insanley ramble it to myself.

i pick up the newspaper and the headline is of shock the fans outraged i knew this was going to happen i think Huw Jenkins as really taken a gamble here I start to think to myself i **** sure cant let him down now.

View attachment 261424

while i was at the meeting Huw Jenkins outlined his expectations and i wrote them down in a journal just so I never forgot them

View attachment 261425

the main thing here is to achieve a mid table finish it wont be easy but I know I'm up for the task.

tommorows the big day staff and team wow its real.

Last edited:
As i talk to my staff i really like what they have to stay and i believe there the right standard of people just need to add a few of my own. I really don't wont to let go of Alan curtis so i offer him a position as a first team coach thankfully he accepts. i really didn't want to let the man go as i feel all the staff deserve a chance here but i really do want to bring my own man in. i really like the look of tony cotton as a assistant manager he's got some good quality's and can offer my team some good goalkeeping training also so hes in to replace Curtis as assistant.

View attachment 261426

The first thing i decide as i look at my team as this is Brendan Rogers team and as good as it is i need my own stamp on it so i send back all the loanies including gyilfi sigurdson good player but in the role id have to play him in my position i already know exactly who Im bringing in for that one.

Looking at the team I'm happy with most of it and just need to introduce some flair and a defender with abit more experience i see the defender i want on the free list and make a offer also for the guy to replace gyilfi just hope now other teams dont beat me to him as he seems a hot property at the moment with Ajax interested.

As a few days pass im now here waiting for my first big press release I'm nervous this really is the only thing I would love to live without, but as a football manager the press cant be avoided.

press man - Hello Mr Dimbleby firstly congratulations on the new job and we wish you good luck. I'm from the observer and i would like to ask you a few questions

Starting with how does it feel to be a manager in the biggest league in the world and be a man as young as yourself ?

well i would say to that i know this is a huge league and the pressures of football management are huge, and myself being young even more so on my shoulders but i say to that i know im the right man for the job and will endeavor to do the Swansea City fans proud.

OK. thank you for answering my first question, secondly do you feel more pressure knowing many of the fans don't think you was the right choice?

yes i feel pressure because of the fact the fans don't have faith in me yet and don't want me here but, I am here and I will now work to show the fans I was the right choice I may be inexperienced but Huw Jenkins the chairman of this great cub as faith in me and choose me because of my ambition and desire, I aim to instill this in the team and the fans also.

finally with the team and staff you have will there be any replacements and will you be moving anyone on?

to that i say im evry happy with the staff and team here i am looking to bring in a few of my own and have opted to make Alan Curtis a first team coach and bring in my own assitant Tony Cotton and will look to bring in a few more staff members. at the moment I am happy with the squad who Have shown great desire and potential and I will be bringing a few players in and at this moment in time nobody looks to be leaving if that is all id ike to thank you for your time as i have a busy schedule.

as i have a busy schedule and have players to find i decide to also sign a few scouts and let them find me some players but ive decided on a few of these already myself. the main issue is friendlies i send tony to take care of these want my first match in charge to be when i step foot on the field in front of thousands of fans in the greatest league in the world

to Jake Shields cheers nice to know at least one person would follow lol I'm going to carry on even if no one else does lol pretty fun so far hehe

as days pass and we get closer and closer to my first match in charge i decide to sign some new players and they come in one by one i got my replacement for gyilfi on the cheap for 1. million and very happy with him indeed the belurussian mystro bressan this guy im sure will hit the premier league by storm and im sure the fans will love him.

not only his he a great play maker but he also offers my team a new dimension in the set piece part of the game a goal or 2 from their will be more then welcome

View attachment 261452

i also briing in a solid defensive replacement for caulker who also as pace as Im sure he is a great choice I offered Wolverhampton wanderers 3 milion for his services Ronald Zubar

View attachment 261453

also singed a new defensive midfielder the anchor man i liek to call him from the Ajax 2 his name is Enoh Eyong

View attachment 261454

and finally 2 youngster one on loan and the other signed for 200 k

firtsly the loane frank nouble from west ham

View attachment 261456

and finally the youngster Jamie Proctor from preston north end

to be abe to make these sales though i did have to let 2 people go the hard part of the job they both wished me the best of luck and i did to them likewise

Scott Doobie and luke moore for 1 million and 100 k respectivley

View attachment 261458

as this is the first season i had to spend a lot more then i made to get the players i needed so im hoping they show the potential i see in them and the amount paid is justified.

now to the team and how they lineup in my tactics
View attachment 261459
nouble and proctor will start out on the bench but they will get there chance im sure this is the liineup to go with

first game will be away to wolves this will be a tricky tie and im sure Zubar will want to do well against his old team

this is how the first months fixtures line up

wolves away, everton home and fuham away this isnt the easiest of starts with all 3 teams established premier league ties but i hope to at least finish with 4 points as i do think its possible to beat wolves and get a draw with either everton or fuham

View attachment 261461

now all we can do is prepare and train and the result against wolves will be in our hands heres hoping its a good one

as days pass I'm here at molineuz waiting to start the biggest macth of my life i can tell the crowds reaction towards me isnt great not yet, a win today is vital to let them know im ready for this and to give me more of a warm reception at home against Everton because we wil need the fans on our side then.

the big press release

Press man - Mr Dimbleby how do you feel today starting your first match in the premier league

oh Im very happy to be here and just can't wait to get started and hope to give the fans something to shout about out there today

how will you line up today and who will you play.

well i dont really want to give away any of my plans to be fair i hope to give the fans a good defensive dispay followed with rgeat attacking football other then that i dont wish to add any more and as to who will play all my new signings wil be in the team with proctor and nouble on the bench other then that i dont realy want to say. but the team or rairing to go and so am I than you for your time that will be all.

the nerves start to get to me wolves are up its the biggest game of my life

i tell the players this is their night and that if they play to the standard they have shown in recent weeks in training and friendies we wil get the result we need today against a strong wolves side but i truly feel they have the spirt and desire and quality to stay in this league and establish themselves as a premier league team wolves wont be easy but were better then them and can do this today. the players seem passionate and that leads perfectly to my end speech. Today is about the swansea football club and the thousands of fans that followed us here today and the people watching at home so i want you to go out there and give your all to the fans of this club and the nation we represent as all wales will be behind us to succeed.

the passion in the players eyes set a fire in my soul i believe they are ready and so do they bring on wolves were ready for a dog fight.

i assigned Ashley Williams to the captains position and he seemed to really take control in the dressing room giving pep talk to the younger players and showing the passion that is needed he really impressed me today and i defiantly made the right decision

earlier today newcastle topped the league with a huge shock 9-0 win other chelsea so fairytales can happen in the premier league maybe we can realise our dream

looking at how the teams line up i know that the strikers will be a danger and we need to keep milijas quite but i dont really see much more of a threat except jarvis on the wing but henessey will be difficuilt to beat but i believe my attackers have the answer.

View attachment 261476

the players step out on to the pitch and we start this is the biggest moment of my life and same for many of the guys out there today.

after a difficuit first half where we were mostly on the back foot we held wolves to a draw not the great start i had hoped for but bressan looked the brightest with a few chances and looking very dangerous from set pieces like i had hoped the counter attacking football looks our biggest threat.

as the second half gets on the way after a swift counter attacking move started by dyer the players have a cross deflected which bressan picks ups and riffes into the bottom corner exactly the sort of reaction i wanted from the team when i told them this was for the fans bressan as run the game

sadly it seems graham ahsnt flurished in is role so i bring on the youngster nouble and tell him i have faith in him.

a lapse in concentration after nouble enters the pitch leads to henry getting to much time on the bal and he blasts it in the back of the net were level now.

here we are mark this is whe you earn your wage do we stick and hold on for a valuabe point or do we twist

a beautiful set piece goal by o hara as heart breaking as it is this as to be appreciated as a great free kick and goal.
picked out of the back of the net from 25 yards.

after a difficuilt match and losing to a free kick from 25 yards i tell the team we were unlucky i definatley saw some good work out there and the goal by bressan was great not the resut we wanted but the team should desire in the second half.

karl henry put in a man of the match performance for wolves he was solid today

View attachment 261492

next up Everton it doesn;t get any easier in the premier league.

the first game begins i tell the player i beleive in them and have a press release im too focused so i dont attend this might ruffle some feathers. the players seem determined and ready for this the first half is a drab match and the fans dont get behind it at all i tell the players to keep at it and do it for the fans a great counter attack and bressan puts it in the bottom corner great first goal.
wolves hit us back with karl henry riffeing it home after some bad defending.
beaten from by a jamie o' harra free kick it was ehart breaking but from 25 yards it was a beauty it was a difficuilt game and we remained on the back foot for most of it but the team shown desire in the second half hopefilly this desire will continue in the Everton game as this just got a lot harder

2.1 away to wolves
View attachment 261499

to jake shields that hurt like a mother ****** lol i never even thought about the threat o harra poses from free kicks but when you have players on the line you dont expect it to go in beautiful goal lol

Back