Stadium Expansion/Construction

Now thats FMRTE overdose.
Sporting stadium was built in 2003. now, 20 years passed, 4 champions league and 12 titles, i think it deserves and expansion. i set the expansion capacity to 20.000, when it was 5.000. (the stadium has 50.00 atm).

Set it to 70.000. The expansion capacity means the maximum capacity the stadium can reach with all its expansions.

I set Estadio Azteca as my Dover's stadium, Wembley as the reserves' stadium and Camp Nou for the youth team. It didn't work and I was still playing in my original stadium, was filling every match though. Don't know if I just failed or if it has to be done through the editor.

I changed the construction date for the stadium to 1960, and the option to build new stadium came up! :D sucess :D

the board still rejected tough. I think im going to have to reduce the stadium condition.

I had the same problem with Sporting in FM10, I tried to ask for a stadium expansion though the board refused because it was against a city ordinance or something like that. Those are some amazing results though...4 Champions League titles with a Portuguese team? And taking the league 11 out of 13 times while involved in so many competitions, with Benfica and Porto in the league? In my long-term Sporting save in FM10 I usually would lose the season to Porto by a point. I would usually finish with 77-78 points (always dropped a couple due to squad rotation before CL matches or big cup games), and they would finish right around there. One season I finished second on goal differential, another season I finished one point out of first, another season I finished two points out of first. I usually did very well in the group stage in the CL but would always choke in the knockout rounds. Who did you buy?

that's strange, because I got a new stadium after 2 seasons with atletico madrid