FalseZero

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to sign a head of Youth as an Assistant Manager. He has great attributes, better than my 4 star assistant. However, he has never been an assistant, hence his ability rating as an assistant is one star.
So will he be better than my 4 star assistant?

1.Do staffs ability stars matter or their actual attributes?
1.2 Will his ability increase over time?

2.Do assistant managers influence training efficiency?(fm touch, appears on training screen)
3.Will better ability or tactical knowledge allow him to make better strategy suggestions during matches?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I am guessing that, like players, the attributes will win over the star rating. I would think (guess) the star rating is low due to the fact he may never have worked with a squad of adults in a coaching role.

Man-management, motivation and discipline would be the key ones i look for in this case. (on top of the usual highlighted ones)

Also, just a thought, to help his star rating, why not put him in as U23 Assistant or Manager, rather than promote straight to first team duties, work him up through the squads to gain experience.

Be a couple of seasons longer to wait for the assistant of your dreams, but might be worth considering.

2.Do assistant managers influence training efficiency?(fm touch, appears on training screen)

Yes, they can help. AMs appear as Coaches in the Training / Coaches window and can be assigned to whatever area they suit. They can also be given responsibility for assigned ALL coaches, and setting the training activities.
3.Will better ability or tactical knowledge allow him to make better strategy suggestions during matches?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, tactical knowledge will help with his suggestions.
I have found though, that they will ALWAYS suggest their preferred formation pre-match, and they will judge the match based on their attributes and preferences, not yours. It is worth knowing when to ignore your assistant and when to listen.