Dumoulin

Reaction score
Hi All,

My first post on this forum and ive found some pretty useful tips for some wonderkids already, but i dont see anyone mentioning about decent staff??

Just wondered if this could be put as a category rather than just in the players section? Might get a few ideas for other FMers too then!

Cheers!

Keeping Staff

Is there a way to stop your staff getting poached? I could see the point if it was a team like Real Madrid,Barca,Milan etc but my best staff take any offers going usually to teams lower in the league than me and a smaller club (im currently Schalke in Germany) or in a lower division ie german league 2 and a couple to the championship, They take up the same position on much lower wages than I was paying them.

Its a pain in the a** changing staff at least twice a season

If you catch the other team making an offer then make the staff you want to keep a new contract. try that to see if that works

ive just used the data editor to get all the staff i want cause they're such a pain in the *** to sign

This my first post so here goes....

I haven't tried it yet in FM2009 but in FM2008 I used the following as a guide to getting the best backroom staff:

This is what your coach needs to get 7 stars in:

Strength: 18 Fitness

Aerobic: 18 Fitness

Goalkeeping: 18 Goalkeeping

Tactics: 18 Tactical

Defending: 18 Defending and 18 Tactical
or 19 Defending and 14 Tactical
or 20 Defending and 10 Tactical

Ball Control: 18 Technique and 18 Mental
or 19 Technique and 14 Mental
or 20 Technique and 10 Mental

Attacking: 18 Attacking and 18 Tactical
or 19 Attacking and 14 Tactical
or 20 Attacking and 10 Tactical

Shooting: 18 Technique and 18 Attacking
or 19 Technique and 14 Attacking
or 20 Technique and 10 Attacking

Set Pieces: 17 Technique and 39 (mental+attacking)
or 18 Technique and 36 (mental+attacking)
or 19 Technique and 33 (mental+attacking)
or 20 Technique and 30 (mental+attacking)

Hope this helps!!!! Feedback would be great

keeping staff

yeah thx for that. i normally do end up with 7 in all of them definitely if a premiership team but i wasnt sure of the formula for set pieces ive often ended up signing a quality coach but still ended up with 6 instead. So thx for that.

- as for the question about keeping staff just offer them a new contract they wont always accept but normally will especially if its a bit above what theyre on already.

Ive heard theres a coach hax, not tried it myself. It is..

Hire a coach, offer him a deal as *** man repeat

basically there isnt a limit on how many *** managers youve got as long as you promote from within

lol didnt know that.. bit of a weird one could end up with a dozen assistant managers. but i guess if it works it works

Actually thx very much for that! I never knew that before n its helped a lot I'm in the championship i jumped ship from Bradford to Middlesbrough after 2 seasons n one promotion. I've just been hiring n firing coaches but boro wouldnt let me have as many coaches as i'd like but since ive now got 3 assistant managers + my coaches I've got enough to have one training each discipline :) I just love having 7 stars! Its a must if I've just splashed out on a load of youngsters. Now I can have my allotted 6 coaches but now also 3 assistants so I can cover all my bases. Cheers gregor!

good work gregor always bugs me that i never have enough staff, but now thats no a problem :)

007femi thanks for the list mate never been able to have 7 stars in all training schedules but now my swansea city are flying!

I've created all of the search filters and uploaded them if you can't be bothered making them yourself. Download Here.

I've created all of the search filters and uploaded them if you can't be bothered making them yourself. Download Here.

Thanks Lee.

But i used them and they arent that usefull tbh :p

Its easier to do it myself as there are too many filters, plus i need to go to filter myself as it doesnt filter out people who wouldnt want to join you.

You guys are all welcomed.

I lost my password hence it has taken me so long get back on online.

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions.(H)

basically there isnt a limit on how many *** managers youve got as long as you promote from within
does this hax work and if so could you tell me how you do it

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:22 PM ----------

When you hire a coach just offer him a job as you assistant instead.