Stamina & Natural Fitness

Ma-Li

Reaction score
I've managed to pick up a quality regen, however his Stamina and Natural Fitness are really poor...

I know that over time they will increase (however I fear not too much) but was wondering apart from focusing his training on Strength, is there any other way to dramatically improve this???

i dont noe how to rapidly increase the stamina and stuff.. but thats a **** of a regen.. and during season wad do regens start appearing?

Last edited:
Try giving him plenty of games early on. That may help improve his stamina. I don't think natural fitness will change though.

Regens are retired players. So basically they have the same birthday as the original just in a different year and a slightly different position. They appear at beginning of the season after that player has retired

Regens are retired players. So basically they have the same birthday as the original just in a different year and a slightly different position. They appear at beginning of the season after that player has retired

I don't think that's true. That's what it used to be like on the very old versions of CM but it's different now i'm sure.

Is it just me or is Messi's fitness apalling? Im using Tug's on my Barca save and it seems every 2nd or 3rd game hes needing a rest. His natural fitness is only 11 so must be why. Ive tryed creating a training programme just for him, but it seems to make no difference. :/

Any thoughts?

If you're using him out on the wing, his condition drops a lot quicker than most players, same happens to me with Ronaldo, Tosic & Nani... maybe adjust his Player Instructions, like less closing down, run with ball mixed instead of often, or maybe try playing him in a different position???

Personally I'm not a big fan of Tug's Training, I prefer to create my own and so far so good...

id say what sean said about giving him a load of games to play, try carling cup matches, or sending him out on loan...

and sign a few coaches with 20 for Fitness training

bump him in a new training regime that concentrates on his strength and fitness and have him train with the coaches u bring in

honestly Messi, tired or not is the best player in FM 09 he is unstoppable. If he needs rest make him play half times, he'll bang a few then will go to sleep (am sure this guy KNOWS that he is going to be better than maradona)

honestly Messi, tired or not is the best player in FM 09 he is unstoppable. If he needs rest make him play half times, he'll bang a few then will go to sleep (am sure this guy KNOWS that he is going to be better than maradona)

And this is coming from a Madrid fan? :p

:) This is coming from a DESPERATE madrid fan, who has decided that he'll put two full backs on Messi (not joking), one strong and another fast because he does what he wants with me, that's in FM and I watch a few barça games irl (when I think they may draw or loose) and watching Messi is a pleasure to the eye, I believe spain and argentina are a step above the other national teams right now, and Messi has a lot to do with it (besides aguero, mascherano, Tevez...) take a look at brazil team, on paper they don't seem as threatening as argentina, from midfield backwards they are at the most average players.

:) This is coming from a DESPERATE madrid fan, who has decided that he'll put two full backs on Messi (not joking), one strong and another fast because he does what he wants with me, that's in FM and I watch a few barça games irl (when I think they may draw or loose) and watching Messi is a pleasure to the eye, I believe spain and argentina are a step above the other national teams right now, and Messi has a lot to do with it (besides aguero, mascherano, Tevez...) take a look at brazil team, on paper they don't seem as threatening as argentina, from midfield backwards they are at the most average players.

Sorry, should I change the name of this thread to The Messi Appreciation Society ???

Games and high fitness training would help in fitness and strength, but I don't really know how to make it go faster. Like Bounanotte in my saved game, in 2 seasons, he increased his strength to grand total of 8 points(can't remember his starting strength stat, 2 or 4, i think)

Sorry, should I change the name of this thread to The Messi Appreciation Society ???

what I mean is that if the player is really outstanding you don't need to bother too much, easier training and half games in easy games, rest before important games should be enough, I am sorry to have deviate from your amazing and complicated threat whose answer wasn't obvious