Standard Grade Option Help

dazamfc

Reaction score
I am from Scotland and I am currently in S2 and in the process of picking my subjects for S3/S4. I am bright and intelligent and want to do well in evry subject I'm taking so I was just wondering if some folk could shed some light in the subjects below ( which I'm taking) and give me some advice and help. The options forum is in colums so I have to pick the subject I want to take and then a back up one incase there are problems getting into that one, ie. Too many people applying, too little people applying, etc

Here is my choices-

1st Choice- Modern Studies
Back Up- Health and Food

1st Choice- History
Back Up- Chemistry

1st Choice- Computing
Back Up- Admin

1st Choice- PE (Standard Grade)
Back Up- Woodwork

1st Choice- Biology
Back Up- Business

1st Choices- Art
Back Up- Craft & Design

Last edited:
Guessing your doing maths and english too yeah ?
they all look good to me, except i did craft and design and not art but it depends what you like

maths, english, sciences and history/modern studies/geography are the only really important ones mate, dont worry too much about them its the highers you need to worry about lol

Yeah the compulsery subjects are Maths, English, Religious Education, Core PE and Tutor Time

RE and PE are compulsory and Science isn't? Interesting system.

Kind of hard to comment on your choices when you offer no view on what you want to do with the courses.

Well I want to go into football coaching when I leave school and go for youth coach jobs, coach, assistant manager then manager jobs at club while taking coaching badges in the process

I gotta do PE and RE compulsory aswell.
I dont live in Scotland but I'm doing Geog and History for my courses..
If you want to get into coaching you might wanna do PE and if you can Health and Food not sure how it works in Scotland