iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
Coutinho_ReportsCoachReport_zps4c5f11f4.png

Ok, this has been bugging me for quite a while now, as some people seem to be confused by how the star rating system works, so I will try and explain it to help people understand.

Firstly, a players star rating has NOTHING to do with their overall CA. There is no such thing as a 4-star player for example.

Rather, a players star rating is based in relation to the other players in your team. For example,

John Flanagan of Liverpool. As manager of Liverpool he starts out with just one star. However, if you are a league 1 side and you get him on loan however, its is most likely he will be a 2-3 star player. This is because the standard of players at Liverpool are much higher than a league 1 team.

Players star ratings will rise and fall depending on the players at your squad. I saw a thread saying Walcott is only 2.5 stars. Im not sure how many he has last year (I think 3-3.5?) but I believe his stats have been upped slightly (only had a quick glance however). The reason he is now only a 2.5 star though, is because Arsenal brought in the world class Ozil, who puts the standard of player at Arsenal much higher.

Hopefully I have explained myself well so you all understand!

I have a 5 star player at Limerick FC and Messi is only 4 stars! Result!

The Star ratings are also based upon the "Judge CA" attribute in your coaches, assistant and Scouts. When scouting players, different scouts will give different results depending on their Judging CA/PA, familiarity with the nation and their experience.

I make a point of ignoring Star Ratings as they are only ever meant to be used as a comparison tool, they tell you nothing about how good a player may be in my opinion.

why all my players going down only young ...View attachment 399947

If you're asking why they go down in star rating, the OP explains it pretty well. As you're constantly improving your squad, the star rating will reflect this. Just ignore the stars. I find it hard myself at times, but it's really only useful with judging young players' potential, ie regens.

not necessarily, i've seen him requesting a transfer and being available for under 10 mil

EDIT: In response to the previous post

Phew!

This post really helped, thanks!

I am new to FM and after gaining promotion with Portsmouth from League Two I started buying players and the star ratings of my current players started to drop by half or one star. I guess now that means my signings are somewhat decent.