NeLoDK

Reaction score
Ok so I have this overachieving team which is about to win the danish Superliga. And as I see it, my club reputation increase, is making my players star ratings decrease.

Is my assumption right or am I missing something? It would be nice to know what changes their ratings.

And is there anyway to see how good they are compared to the big picture, like lets say compared to english premier league players?

I believe it depends on the targets your team aims. For example - a player with ~4 stars for a team fighting not to get relegated will have ~2 stars for "future champions".

From what I've seen through the years, managing teams from third or fourth level and taking them up, the star ratings is relative to your team's level. It may also be influenced by your season's goals.

The bigger variation comes from changing divisions.

Yeah makes sense. But it seems to change as your team gets better aswell, because I didn't change my expectations this season but their star rating went down :)

Read what your Assistant Manager or Scout says.

If your relegated team and he says he will be a 'leading Premier league player' he will be 5 stars. But as your club gets bigger, when your expected to win games the star rating will change and will be 3 star or so. But it will still say 'Leading Premier League player'

Hmm also good to know.

A follow up question:
If my scout says he is a 3½star player, and then when I sign the player my assistant manager says he is only a 3star player, who should I believe. My scout has 19 in scouting for potential and 18 in scouting for ability. Whilst my assistant manager has 13 in judging ability and 12 in judging potential. (I should really sign someone better when I get the chance)

But is it your assistant you should listen to or your scouts.

You should listen to whoever is skilled in that position. For example, if I was to sign a striker for Man United and Mike Phelan (AM) said he was a 3 star player yet Rene Meulensteen (coach and an alright scout) says he was 3.5 stars; I'd listen to the latter seen as his expertise is attacking, while Phelan's is defending.