ChelseaFan112

Reaction score
How many of you go by the scout reports for players? My 3 star Daniel Sturridge outshines all my other strikers! Even drogba and torres who are 4 star.

I play Lampard in a CM, DLP role and he is always on a low 7 rating. Seems he should be a bit higher for the 4 stars he is.

How do you scout players? Do you go by star ratings or using the attributes to match his ideal role?

Usually star ratings, persuming my scouts and coaches have high judging player ability/potential.

Before I buy a player my scouts reccomend I look at their determination attribute as I believe this stat is very important.

After I realized that my scout/coach were giving 3 stars to a guy that had a 188 PA, I stopped placing too much emphasis on their opinion. More important it to learn which stats are important for which role and if that player suits your style of play.

For example if I found a striker who's an absolute bully and has insane physical stats, but has poor pace/acceleration or low creativity, and if he came highly recommended I still wouldn't buy him. Because he doesn't fit either my DLF or poacher role.

I generally use the star ratings, on the odd occasion you'l find a really class player who they will rate horribly but it's normally fine.

The star rating from the scouts are based on the facilities of the club the player are.

So a player from a small club, like african ones, that have 2,5 stars can appear with 3,5 or even 4 stars when signed by a well equiped club.

About the players in your club, the star rating is based on the judging player ability and potential from your staff (not absolutelly sure). And the rating is based in the total CA not how well is distributed. So if you play with a poacher, Sturridge will obviously play better than Drogba.