PireasC

Reaction score
I'm managing Gateshead, season 2013/2014.

We just got promoted to Npower league 2 and I am desperate for a star striker.
- Max. cost ~600k
- Wages are not a problem. (hopefully)
- I would like to have a pacey poacher. The younger, the better.

I signed Tobias Perch-Nielsen on a free, but he has been rather disappointing. Tried to have him on a targetman role too, but with no success. In my opinion, Martin Reilly is more suitable for our play style. The only problem is... he just isn't as good as he was in BSP - well, duh! We are 9th on the table and goal difference +2. And that's thanks to our active wingers and solid defense.

So, how about giving me some good names who will bring my team some goals?

Thanks beforehand,
PireasC

Dali Gomez and Pablo Counago are free agents. Prolific goalscorers for me when i was Wrexham. Scored at least 20 a season each and that continued from BSP all the way up to NpowerLeague1. After that i sold em both and got a few regens

my first season in L2 i had a player called sam hoskins on loan from southampton played 32 games got 20 goals playing as an advanced forward

Thanks for replying!

Dali Gomez just got to another team, so can't sign him.
Couldn't find a player called Pablo Counago - probably retired.
Sam Hoskins doesn't look that good, I'll scout him for a few matches.
I think Ahmed Soukouna is good, but I can't scout him. Plays in HJK right now, and my scouting range doesn't reach Finland yet. He looks the most promising atm, though.

Signed a lad called Adam Phillip. Free transfer from Chelsea. He has been playing surprisingly good, scored 2 goals on his debut. Both goals were from outside of the box.

I definitely recommend him for League 2 sides.

Edit: Only problem is that his wage request is high... He had been without a team for a while, so he wasn't asking so much from us.

Last edited: