Reaction score
I am Glasgow Rangers and my striker who is being targeted by Dortmund, Chelsea & Juventus had a value of 9 million and it's now decreased to 5 despite having 3 years left on his contract and being in top form including selected for Portuguese world cup squad.

My league reputation and club reputation is on the rise and improving each year, Celtic have won the Europa league in 2017/18 and I have just won it in 2021/22. It just doesn't make any sense!!

View attachment 49156 View attachment 49155

Does anyone know why this is happening and if I can rectify it or is there a bug possibly ?

Last edited:
I have heard that Scottish transfer values drop dramatically for some reason. I think it has been raised with SI but might be worth reporting it in a bugs forum.

I have heard that Scottish transfer values drop dramatically for some reason. I think it has been raised with SI but might be worth reporting it in a bugs forum.

Is this a glitch within the game then and have you seen other people with this problem?

I have exactly the same issue, got a Berwick team with some world class talent but nobody is valued at over £12m so bigger clubs always put in offers of £15-£20m for players that could honestly go for £60m+. However 3 or 4 seasons ago the same players were valued at £20-£30m so was really confused as to why the value of the players suddenly plummeted

Snap. I've had the exact same issue with FM18 and FM17. The players are the best in the world, yet the values drop massively.
I've won the CL and seen strikers jump up to 30m value, then by the summer that's 12m.
That's also with Scotland having 4 teams in the CL now.

Snap. I've had the exact same issue with FM18 and FM17. The players are the best in the world, yet the values drop massively.
I've won the CL and seen strikers jump up to 30m value, then by the summer that's 12m.
That's also with Scotland having 4 teams in the CL now.

How annoying! Didn't realise it was a problem with FM just thought it was something to do with my save. Even now I've had this in my inbox.

View attachment 48726

"A deal which could end up being £12.5m"

View attachment 48725

Surely he's got to be worth at least 5-6 times more than that!

To be honest an argument could be made for this being realistic rather than a bug. Scottish players are rarely sold for their value with the exception of a few. £15 million would be big money for a top talent in Scotland. Doesn't explain the sudden drop in value though

To be honest an argument could be made for this being realistic rather than a bug. Scottish players are rarely sold for their value with the exception of a few. £15 million would be big money for a top talent in Scotland. Doesn't explain the sudden drop in value though

Yeah I see where you're coming from, players like Van Dijk and Wanyama leaving for modest (ish) fees. Think it's just the sudden value drop that's the most confusing, especially for genuine world class players.

that would make sense if it was real life. But in my game the SPL is rated 3rd best league. Even Hearts can spend 30m on a player now.
I've also noticed that even with that, the prize money nor TV money never increases, but other leagues do when they improve.

that would make sense if it was real life. But in my game the SPL is rated 3rd best league. Even Hearts can spend 30m on a player now.
I've also noticed that even with that, the prize money nor TV money never increases, but other leagues do when they improve.

Wheres is the nation ranked as well as the league? all takes an effect. league rep, nation rep, player rep,

Nation ranked 7th. I'm playing rangers and scotland.

The only thing that seems to increase, is gate receipts from semi final/final of cup games. Currently each team gets aroun 6m each of a semi, yet no increase to any other prize.

values drop massively

The players are the best in the world, yet the values drop massively. I've won the CL and seen strikers jump up to 30m value, then by the summer that's 12m. yu can wait for it it's temporary drop down