Started a save 120k over wage budget?

rswan

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if it's normal for certain teams to start massively over their wage budget? I started a new save with Blackburn Rovers on the update, 200k transfer budget and 247k wage budget, but they're somehow spending 369k on wages, at least 120k over their budget?

Worth noting NOT on the update, I believe you start with a wage budget of 367k? Never seen it before and assuming it's a bug, anyone experienced this at all?

Well it is possible to start over budget. In my current save I took over Wigan and was given a wage budget well below the current wage level. This is probably due to them being in financial difficulty at the time I took over.

Worth noting I took over Wigan at the end of the 2nd season so I'm not sure about when starting a new game and being immediately over budget. How are Blackburn's finances at the start of your game?

They're £80m in debt, £30m balance I think, but their finances are "Okay". I can understand being over budget 2nd season, maybe after too many signings or something, but I've never started a save 120k in debt with wages... Especially when the budget before the update was 367k?