Started From the Bottom, now we're here! (Hopefully) - FC Halifax!

Started from the Bottom, now we're here! (Hopefully) - FC Halifax

Can we win the League?

Npower League 2
FC Halifax 3-1 Wrexham
Halifax goalscorers: Max Ehmer (6), Casper Johansen (54), Emmitt Delfouneso (76)
Halifax MotM: Max Ehmer

View attachment 340750

Npower League 2
Preston 2-1 FC Halifax
Halifax goalscorer: Pierre Merkel (90+1)
Halifax MotM: Mike Vanhamel

View attachment 340751

Npower League 2
FC Halifax 5-2 Luton
Halifax goalscorers: Martyn Archer (4), Romeo Van Dessel (18), Ikechi Anya (20, 27), Caper Johansen (68)
Halifax MotM: Ikechi Anya

View attachment 340752

Npower League 2
Rochdale 2-1 FC Halifax
Halifax goalscorer: Pierre Merkel (64)
Halifax MotM: Pierre Merkel

We're now 3 points off of 1st place, not good.

View attachment 340753

Npower League 2
Oxford 0-2 FC Halifax
Halifax goalscorers: Pierre Merkel (24, 54)
Halifax MotM: Pierre Merkel

View attachment 340756

York 2-2 AFC Wimbledon

View attachment 340759

We're now only 1 point off of 1st going into the final day!

Npower League 2 Final Match!
FC Halifax 3-1 Northampton
Halifax goalscorers: Max Ehmer (20, 82), Casper Johansen (74)
Halifax MotM: Max Ehmer

View attachment 340763

Now, all we need is for York to lose or draw...

View attachment 340766

We've done it, we've won the Npower League 2, my first - of hopefully many - at FC Halifax!

League Table!

View attachment 340770

View attachment 340773View attachment 340772View attachment 340771View attachment 340774

Thank you for reading, we've gone and ****** done it lads!

Loving this story so far! Hope to see you go far with FC Halifax! One player I'd consider signing, if you have the money, is Zakaria Bakkali, a young striker from PSV/Arsenal, he is a great goalscorer and ends up becoming a great player.

Good stuff. I did a similar save with Harrogate, after holidaying for about ten years I took over a random club in the BSN and got them up several leagues, eventually to the Premiership and CL. Even though you had a pretty huge budget for League Two (how did you manage to sign Yennaris on ~£15k p/w?!) it's still really, really tough to get three straight promotions. The key thing for me was bringing in players on loan without paying any wages; usually youngsters or players not good enough for their clubs at L2/L1 level. Now that you're in League One it may be more difficult to find young loanees of the required quality, though, and the latter category are obviously useless, so it's not really any help, I suppose!

Keep it up.

Good stuff. I did a similar save with Harrogate, after holidaying for about ten years I took over a random club in the BSN and got them up several leagues, eventually to the Premiership and CL. Even though you had a pretty huge budget for League Two (how did you manage to sign Yennaris on ~£15k p/w?!) it's still really, really tough to get three straight promotions. The key thing for me was bringing in players on loan without paying any wages; usually youngsters or players not good enough for their clubs at L2/L1 level. Now that you're in League One it may be more difficult to find young loanees of the required quality, though, and the latter category are obviously useless, so it's not really any help, I suppose!

Keep it up.

Yeah, I was shocked too with the budget I got, but after I got to League two, the owner didn't have enough money I guess and we got took over! Cheers for the tips, I think League 1 will be tough tbf!

Loving this story so far! Hope to see you go far with FC Halifax! One player I'd consider signing, if you have the money, is Zakaria Bakkali, a young striker from PSV/Arsenal, he is a great goalscorer and ends up becoming a great player.

Yeah, I've signed him before, hopefully can get him one day in the save!