thomaspato

Reaction score
I'm starting a England save as Fabio Capello resigned the other day, so i thought i'd take charge to see what i could do and i'm currently needing help with a lot of things.. Players to bring up, Tactics, Staff, Captain, Vice Captain & a few other things.

Players to bring up
Who personally would you bring up? i was thinking of a young england team ready to win trophys as we should be doing but i don't want to go for a team that is going to get battered 3-0 and turn apart from Lionel Messi running at you, i was a team that's going to win but also still keep a clean sheet and be ready for world class players, i was thinking..

------------------------------------------

Goalkeepers
Joe Hart, Scott Carson & David Stockdale

Defenders
Kyle Walker, Glen Johnson, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Martin Kelly, Leighton Baines, Jack Robinson.

Midfielders
Adam Johnson, James Milner, Steven Gerrard, Jack Rodwell, Frank Lampard, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Stewart Downing, Theo Walcott,

Strikers
Darren Bent, Wayne Rooney, Connor Wickam, Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge

I've tried not just putting most Liverpool players in but if i have then sorry, what do you guys think, do you think i could get any better or is there any players i can bring it better & younger than i already have, do you think these players can attack as good as Barcelona but also keep out players such as Lionel messi?

Tactics
What do use think i should do for the formation/roles, should i go for a more sit back or go and attack?

Captains armband
do you think i should give Steven Gerrard the captains armband, i'm a liverpool fan and i think he should get it, but i'm wondering what you guys think, is he best suitable for being the captain or as i'm going for a young england team, do you think i should give it to someone younger such as Wilshere, Hart, Walker someone like that? as i'm going to get rid of John Terry as i personally dislike him not just because i am a Liverpool fan even though that is included, but for many other reasons. also who should i pick as vice captain?

England Staff
Basically it's in the title, do you think i should replace Stuart Pearce and all the other staff and get a brand new staff panel? if yes, who do you think? should i also go for young staff to? or should i go for England legends? what do you guys think.

finally, i've done. but now it's your turn, please leave below who you think and what you guys think. thank you

Much Appreciated.

Jason Steel is is mint young keeper on here, gets really good.
Terry/Carragher are both amazing CB's, i know they're old n all but you need one like them
Barry/Young/Wilshere have to be considered, Wilshere especially as i've had him for my England team and he was incredible, also, don't use Downing, he is awful on these games and always has been, he just doesn't create a lot and rarely scores.
Henderson is incredible, but you need to play him AMR, he can grab 20 assists a season and upto 20 goals at club level, great for England too.
Wickham for me isn't very good and doesn't get very good, had him at club level for Liverpool and have had him for England and he was never a success, struggles to score wherever he goes.

For tactics, i never sit back, i always choose attacking tactics and they work well for me.

Captains - Gerrard - Terry - Barry

Staff - Personally i'd just leave it as it is.

Hope i helped and good luck with it all.

Last edited:
Should include Phil Jagielka in there ahead of Kelly. Has more pace than Terry and when fit is very reliable and good header of the ball. Give Hart the armband-he's as solid as they get and takes the pressure off the back four too.

Jason Steel is is mint young keeper on here, gets really good.
Terry/Carragher are both amazing CB's, i know they're old n all but you need one like them
Barry/Young/Wilshere have to be considered, Wilshere especially as i've had him for my England team and he was incredible, also, don't use Downing, he is awful on these games and always has been, he just doesn't create a lot and rarely scores.
Henderson is incredible, but you need to play him AMR, he can grab 20 assists a season and upto 20 goals at club level, great for England too.
Wickham for me isn't very good and doesn't get very good, had him at club level an for England and he was never a success, struggles to score wherever he goes.

For tactics, i never sit back, i always choose attacking tactics and they work well for me.

Captains - Gerrard - Terry - Barry

Staff - Personally i'd just leave it as it is.

Hope i helped and good luck with it all.

Jason Steel i really like, but i don't know who to replace him with? also i forgot to put Wilshere and Young in, don't know how i forgot them, do you have any players you think i should drop? also with downing? i shall consider players Henderson, maybe coming off the bench? and for wickham, can you recommend any good suitable forwards to replace wickham?

what formation do you think i should play? also what kind of tactics such as Counter attack, passing style ect.

also thank you for you help

Should include Phil Jagielka in there ahead of Kelly. Has more pace than Terry and when fit is very reliable and good header of the ball. Give Hart the armband-he's as solid as they get and takes the pressure off the back four too.

Yes, i will look into replacing them two as i don't think Martin kelly would suit the England team just yet, also is Joe Hart good as captain? can he rear the team on? would he be a better captain than Steven gerrard?

Look at Zaha to replace Wickham. Dunno how good he his in FM, amazing IRL.

Look at Zaha to replace Wickham. Dunno how good he his in FM, amazing IRL.

i wast thinking Zaha, but do you think he would be good enough to come up to the likes of Gerard Pique?

Yes, i will look into replacing them two as i don't think Martin kelly would suit the England team just yet, also is Joe Hart good as captain? can he rear the team on? would he be a better captain than Steven gerrard?

I think he would be yes-used him a couple of times. He's tremondously reliable-as we've pretty much all seen. Plus he's pretty much going to be playing every game, commands the area very well, pulls of fantastic saves, top notch communication. The only problem is in the game his stats don't do him justice-though they should be very much improved in the update. Personally I would make him captain. Only problem is whoever loses the armband is going to be a bit narked.

Gerard Pique? No. The average international defense? Maybe.

I think he would be yes-used him a couple of times. He's tremondously reliable-as we've pretty much all seen. Plus he's pretty much going to be playing every game, commands the area very well, pulls of fantastic saves, top notch communication. The only problem is in the game his stats don't do him justice-though they should be very much improved in the update. Personally I would make him captain. Only problem is whoever loses the armband is going to be a bit narked.

Yes that's true, i'm gonna consider him for captain, if not captain deffo vice. thank you :)

I'm asuming this is for your story, it looks really good.

Jason Steel i really like, but i don't know who to replace him with? also i forgot to put Wilshere and Young in, don't know how i forgot them, do you have any players you think i should drop? also with downing? i shall consider players Henderson, maybe coming off the bench? and for wickham, can you recommend any good suitable forwards to replace wickham?

what formation do you think i should play? also what kind of tactics such as Counter attack, passing style ect.

also thank you for you help

I'd take out Stockdale for Steele
As for who else to take out, i'd say just take out Chamberlain because well, he doesn't get very good, he's in my England team still in 2025 only because i have very few good players in my team and take out Wickham and just bring Wilshere and Young in, don't need to replace him, without Wickham you have 4 strikers which is plenty as Walcott can play up front anyway.

Personally for club and international level i use these tactics:
Tom-Erik's Miracle Tactic FM12 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats
Also these worked for me for about 7 seasons
Pure Perfection™ CCC - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Edit: Shawcross is probably the most consistent England CB on this game.

Last edited:
I'm asuming this is for your story, it looks really good.

Ye, just getting bored of making games, starting again, making games, start again.. but i'm getting really intrested in this one!

I'd take out Stockdale for Steele
As for who else to take out, i'd say just take out Chamberlain because well, he doesn't get very good, he's in my England team still in 2025 only because i have very few good players in my team and take out Wickham and just bring Wilshere and Young in, don't need to replace him, without Wickham you have 4 strikers which is plenty as Walcott can play up front anyway.

Personally for club and international level i use these tactics:
Tom-Erik's Miracle Tactic FM12 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats
Also these worked for me for about 7 seasons
Pure Perfection™ CCC - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Edit: Shawcross is probably the most consistent England CB on this game.

Okay, i will look into this, i will try a few players in Friendlies & if they don't play up to expectation then i'll drop them for different players, and okay thanks! also i like shawcross so i'll really consider this, thank you very much :)

Alex Smithies is who I always chose as second keeper to Hart. but really you need Shawcross he is one of the best defenders on the game in most of my saves after about 5 seasons and usually England's best. Also I don't know if he'd be any use for you but when I was England manager I called up Jay Rodriguez and he was scoring a goal a game.

Kelly isn't much use I found and like said before Wilshere is a tank.