Starting a LLM Season - Blyth Spartans

FoolInjection

Reaction score
I thought I'd have a go at some LLM seeing as the new patch is out and I was getting humped in Scotland as Hamilton Accies.

Went with Blyth Spartans in the Blue Square North as I was just down there around that area this summer on Holiday.

I've already bought a Midfield Left player called Liam Cockerill on recomendation of the Assistant Manager/Player/Scout... to the delight of the Blyth fans. Searching for a Goalie now to strengthen the side.

Don't have a lot of money... I only have enough men for 11 players and currently 3 subs... one of which isn't even a Goalkeeper, hence looking for another one. Thing is I'm already over the wage budget with the board telling me to offload players before i can offer higher wages to prospective players (currently capped at £55 a week)

No transfer budget... so everyone coming in is either a youngster or on a free.

Yet to win a game... only played 2 friendlies though... one against Keith (score draw) and one against Stenhousemuir (we lost).

I'm pretty new to FM... but I thought that this would be more interesting to play that going Man United. Fancied something different.

Any hints or tips would be appreciated. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

with no transfer budget is difficult, for me it was a case of seeing who was available, looking at championship/league one team's reserve squads and looking at bsn and bss teams who's players contracts where up and looking to ****** them away.

I found i couldn't be picky with the players i braught in but its a challenge I enjoyed. I was lucky to get a good parent club in arsenal when i was in the BSS who loaned me jay simpson and i got Jay Emmanuel-Thomas later on.

I was also lucky to have looked at the england trail games and aquiring a couple of players from england trial team three and england trial team four.

Another good way is getting good coaches in but in the lower regions, for me anyways, was very difficult to get a good coaches in.

Thanks for the tips. I've managed to get in a half decent scout which should aid in the search for new talent.

Managed to find myself a new goalkeeper on a free. A 22 y/o Welshman called Sam Pearce. Again I got a message telling me the Blyth faithful were delighted... so I think I'm doing something right. He had 3 U21 caps so I'm guessing he should do us well.

Still need to do something about the wage budget... I need to drop it by £100 or there abouts... very difficult when you only have like 18 players on your books.

I have one guy transfer listed as he's well **** compared to the rest of the midfield but no offers as of yet.

Won my first game though. Beat Oxford United 3-0 in the last friendly before the season opener against Vauxhall. I'm really pleased cos we were expected to loose heavily according to the pre-match.

Ive been going o watch Spartans sinse I was about about 5 finally someone to bring Glory to Croft Park! Good Luck:D

Ive been going o watch Spartans sinse I was about about 5 finally someone to bring Glory to Croft Park! Good Luck:D

ill have to load up my blyth screenshots from "the other" management game. won champions league 4 times in a row and premier league 9 in a row! that games too easy!

My only advice would be to make sure you get a parent club if you haven't already got one. I was on a nine game winless streak with Fleetwood Town, falling into the relegation zone at the same time.
But... then the board accepted my request for a parent club and I'm not affiliated with Bolton. I was able to loan in three excellent players from them(by my lowly standards anyway!) and straight away comfortably beat Vauxhall 2-0. It almost feels like I'm cheating!

Does anyone know whether you can request for a second parent club? It would be cool to have lots of parents!

ill have to load up my blyth screenshots from "the other" management game. won champions league 4 times in a row and premier league 9 in a row! that games too easy!

Haha mint, well done

By the way FoolInjection if you offer all of the players new contracts but go one down from what they want e.g. if a player wants £200 offer him £190, if you keep on doing this you can drastically reduce the wages of your team

Last edited: