APB9FTM

Reaction score
Hi, I got my new copy of FM12 last night, Unlike alot of my friends i like to start in the lower leagues - I usually start with Darlington but due to FM11 and having no money with Darlo i thought id start with Crawley Town

I am going to try and avoiding spending the 200k they have offered in transfer fees and aim for season long loans,

Does anybody know any good players from premiership / Championship to loan???

Or even any cheap purchases

Much Appreciated

I would imagine that you would be able to get Pablo Counago with Crawley as I bet the have a decent wage structure. I picked him up in January of the first season for Accrington, and he has been very good.

I would also think that you would already have some good players in certain positions (eg Matt Tubbs) - so what areas do you need to strenthen?

Lee Novak shoud come up for sale soonish. A definite buy for league 2 if ya can get him!

Defence is a big area i need to strengthen, Had a look for loans, And will sepend the majority of 200k on a striker, rely on my already ok midfield and wait until january if things are going horribly wrong, whats the deal with training etc? Can i still allocate duties to my assistant manager or is it best to use one of the downloads from this site as i noticed they have training packs? Thanks for you input, any other good players let me know

cheers

10 games into my new career, and im doing terrible, unable to attract any good players on loan, board wont find a feeder team, I played with a goals galore formation i found but it meant i had 1 up top, I then had no AMR or AML to use so i put one striker in AMR position, hes now whining and the team arent consistent when away??

Is it too soon for me to be worried? I have won 5 out of my 10,

But with Crawley i was hoping to be winning that league first time around (3 in league cup)

What do people do about training? my players seem knackered!! any good downloads you could suggest??

Can you also let me know, do you use the same formation home and away? or play more defensive when away??

I find formations on here don't work unless the team is built around them or they are built around the team but tbh I'm not very good at FM and will lose regardless of formation.

Playing players out of position doesn't usually help either so you're formation probably isn't suited to your team.

Apart from that do you play the same starting 11 every week? If you do then they're going to get unfit fast with the amount of games lower league teams will be playing to start with...

Couñago is a good striker, you should be able to get Nigel Quashie - he did well for me playing midfield for Crewe. Also later on I picked up Aboyake (or something alike) for right defender.

As for formations: I'm using Raikon007's 'Might 'n Magic' 4-4-2 counter tactic and have built a more offensive strategy as well using it as a base. It works ok-ish, I am now in contention for play-offs halfway through the 2nd season after a patchy first season that almost got me fired :S

Good luck and enjoy the lower leagues!