Reaction score
In this story I will start unemployed as a past playing experience of a Sunday league footballer. The plan is to make it from the bottom as an unknown manager to the top as one of the best. After just a couple weeks of stepping into management I have been offered the Scotland under 19's job. It may not be what I was hoping for as I will only have a couple games every few months but it's a chance to work my way forward. Let's hope for a successful era with the under 19's.

Winning start for the Scots!
It was a great first game in charge as we beat Azerbaijan under 19's.

International Friendly Match.
Azerbaijan under 19's 2-5 Scotland under 19's
OG (10), Christie (21), Burrows (29), Shanland (34), Nicholson (42)

A pleasing first win, we were 5-0 up at half time but allowed them two goals in the second half. We were quite disappointing but we made 11 subs during the second half so unsurprising we fell away a bit with all the changes. I now have a good idea of who my star players are. Looking forward to working with Ryan Christie and Sam Nicholson in particular as I think they will be my star men. Signed Ryan Christie on fm14 for Rangers and he was brilliant! Expecting much the same this year. Looking forward to the competitive games as this was just a friendly.

Scotland under 19's 5-2 Australia under 19's
Telfer (2), Christie (18), Shankland (24, 28), Hendrie (90)
First home game went well as we win again! Another pleasing performance, bit concerning that we have conceded 4 goals in 2 games but our first choice keeper hasn't conceded a goal yet which is a boost. It is perhaps the amount of changes at half time but the friendlies are now over so this won't be a problem. Georgia next up next month, big game and my first competitive game so very excited!

Seven Heaven!
Scotland under 19's 7-4 Georgie under 19's
Tierney (2, 20, 86), McGhee (41), McMullan (71, 72, 82)
Brilliant by us! With almost a totally different squad from the friendlies as majority weren't able to be picked? not sure why! But we won anyway, we almost embarrassed ourselves by going 2-0 up and then went 3-2 down but super sub McMullan came on to get a hat trick and miss a penalty! Great first competitive win but we're losing too many goals!! need to cut this out soon.

Northern Ireland under 19's 1-2 Scotland under 19's
Byers (52), Henderson (90)
Our 100% win record is stretched as we beat Northern Ireland, We were more in control than the scoreline suggests. A first clean sheet looked to be on the cards until we conceded a last minute goal which was frustrating but we will keep working at it. We've qualified for the second qualifying round of the euros with a game against Denmark still to play, this next one will be my toughest opponent yet and I'm looking forward to it!

Denmark under 19's 4-3 Scotland under 19's
McMullan (13), Thomas (17), Henderson (72)

Disappointed as we lose for the first time, it was a very frustrating game as we created an unreal amount of chances but didn't finish them! Can't help but feel we would be doing better if we had a better goalkeeper as he can't really save anything. We're through anyway and that's the main thing, it has been a good opening 5 games and we have plenty good opportunities ahead.

Finland under 19's 3-2 Scotland under 19's
Shepherd (32, 90)

Poor result against a weaker side, bossed the first half but we were poor second half!

France under 19's 5-2 Scotland under 19's
McMullan (7), Wright (70)

Poor again! far too many goals being conceded! This is my last game as manager though as I have became bored with barely having any competitive matches! East Fife have offered me the managers job there where they sit bottom of the table so the next step of this journey begins!

My journey with East Fife begins! They are my first club side in my managerial career. They have a strong squad and I really should be able to take them from bottom spot to the play off spots! My first action was to mutually terminate my assistant's contract and hire Sasa Papac as my new assistant. As I am a Rangers fan I couldn't resist employing the fans favourite! He should help massively with my side.
Sasa-Papac-111231-LooksOn-R-300.jpg

Results
East Stirling shire 2-2 East Fife
East Fife 3-2 Montrose
Annan Athletic 2-1 East Fife
Clyde 3-3 East Fife
East Fife 2-8 Arbroath
Elgin City 4-1 East Fife
East Fife 2-2 Queens Park
Albion Rovers 6-3 East Fife

View attachment 330081
Here's how the table is then, as you can see I have got off bottom spot but we still sit 8th which is way below my expectations! The results so far have been horrible! It has been frustrating with me rotating both my goal keepers but neither seems to be able to save a shot! The shots they do save are parried out to an opponent who then puts it in. Hasn't been great and we need to fix this asap. The Albion Rovers game was a massive disappointment because we led 3-2 with 15 to play and then we lose by that scoreline. I know what areas need strengthening and now we are in January I can hopefully strengthen those areas.

Results need to turn around soon or I'll be gone big game against East Stirlingshire next!