LennySUFC

Reaction score
I am starting a save in the dizzy heights of the Essex Olympian League with Rayleigh Town who are a team i used to play against in Sunday league park football!

Has anyone had any success starting this low? I have to get a complete new squad as the current team are not coloured white and are 1 bar for their ability in any role... It seems a challenge that will take a long time but I am up for this!

Any advice on signings, is it worthwhile given the amount of investment needed with stadiums etc?

Actually your players will leave you over the time constantly due to their amateur contracts, so simply sign the ones who wants to join (maybe by using a limited version of the available filters in the downloads section) get successful and repeat. It will be a nervy journey and most of the people losing interest when not promoting every year or simply after 3-4 seasons, so good luck.

Agreed. It's a long haul and it can be a drag if you miss promotion at some point. For me the tiresome part is when there simply isn't any improvement in the talent available even though your reputation has risen - or if your reputation just stays the same in spite of good results. But it's also a fun challenge! I almost never play the top leagues now because I prefer trying something different, like this. In FM16 I took my local childhood club from the 4th Danish tier and up, but ended up making it a journeyman career because I couldn't keep the interest in developing the club.

If I should chime in with some tips, then I guess I'd say stats like determination seems extra important when the league-standard is low and the stats is weak. Also physical attributes seems to give an extra advantage, acceleration and pace especially - not to mention stamina.

Last edited: