Status
Not open for further replies.

craiigman

Reaction score
So I started a new game yesterday with Feyenoord, but since I am thinking about starting a few others in the near future as well it got me thinking, **** it takes a long time to setup a game.

So I was thinking, since I'm going to be using the same leagues loaded and the same database (which means manager targets are the same every time anyway..) is there not a way to save before you make a manager, then just create copies of the save and then when you load it up you make a manager and don't have to go through the process every time?

Or should I start one as unmanaged, don't press continue, save copies. Then on each load do "add manager" and then retire the other one? Would that work how I am wanting to do this?

So yeah, would this work to cut out that long load time at the beginning if I don't want to change any settings? Of course if I wanted to change them, then I would go through the process, but it just seems that the process is a little pointless if I'm always loading everything the same?

Cheers!

yes i do this all the time, when game loads up just cancel the add manager wizard and just save game.
Then add manager and save game to whoever you chose to manage.
Only sticking point is the leagues all start at different dates so best to use the earliest start date of the nations you load up

I have a "Template" Savegame. Basically, when it gives you the option to add the first manager, before any club has been selected, save the game. Then after you've picked your club ect, click save as and create the savegame that you will be using. Then you can start games easily without loading the database over and over again.

You can save a game without creating a manager. Just load the game up and press Ctrl+S while on the "Add Manager" screen. It's what I do and it saves a lot of time when starting a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.